View Full Version : Club outdoor season?
Chris Elworthy
04-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Hi lads,
I'm aware that we still have two indoor meetings at Moorside in March but what would be the consensus of opinion regarding outdoor meetings at Goshen soon? Weather dependant (as in summer also) could we possibly host some outdoor meetings between the indoor ones? Not necessarily every week but maybe every other? The club seems very well supported at the moment with new drivers who are itching to race so i believe if we advertise the meetings on oople and possibly email club members we could get a meeting on? Was the intention that we didn't go outdoors til after the last indoor meeting as this seems a bit late for me as the weather in recent years has been good in March and April.
I suppose this is firstly aimed at Rog, Si, Darren etc as they are the people who make anything happen but would also like to use this thread to gauge opinions from us members on whether they like the idea and feel they would make it.
Chris
losichris
04-02-2013, 10:00 AM
Hi lads,
I'm aware that we still have two indoor meetings at Moorside in March but what would be the consensus of opinion regarding outdoor meetings at Goshen soon? Weather dependant (as in summer also) could we possibly host some outdoor meetings between the indoor ones? Not necessarily every week but maybe every other? The club seems very well supported at the moment with new drivers who are itching to race so i believe if we advertise the meetings on oople and possibly email club members we could get a meeting on? Was the intention that we didn't go outdoors til after the last indoor meeting as this seems a bit late for me as the weather in recent years has been good in March and April.
I suppose this is firstly aimed at Rog, Si, Darren etc as they are the people who make anything happen but would also like to use this thread to gauge opinions from us members on whether they like the idea and feel they would make it.
Chris
Yeah i said this 3 weeks ago, think its all dependent on weather.
Even so, we need to get something going for end of Feb/ March as 2 more indoors isnt enough racing.
Gavin Collingwood
04-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Yeah and as fun as indoor is, it doesn't come close to the big outdoor tracks. Much more fun
Si Coe
04-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Well I'm up for this, and I'm not racing any other series anyway so if folks want to do this, suggest a suitable Sunday and I'll run the meeting (badly), unless of course Rog wants to.
But be warned, conditions at Goshen are very poor at the moment. Rumour has it other people have been parking in our area and churned up the already soft ground so much that the pit area is basically inaccessible.
Darren is already on the case, and the fact we aren't using the track shows its not our fault, but if we hold meetings that excuse will be lost.
losichris
04-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Suggest Feb 27th, weather permitting?
Gavin Collingwood
04-02-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm up for that
Chris Elworthy
04-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Feb 27th is a Wednesday you mean 24th?
losichris
04-02-2013, 06:47 PM
ahha yeah thats the one :p
Mr Satchell
04-02-2013, 06:52 PM
The 24th is 3 weeks away. Can we not get the ball rolling sooner. I get withdrawal symptoms when we don't race
Maddy
04-02-2013, 06:53 PM
count me in even if its raining/snowing/hailstones just need to get outdoor again...
losichris
04-02-2013, 06:58 PM
The 24th is 3 weeks away. Can we not get the ball rolling sooner. I get withdrawal symptoms when we don't race
This week will snow, and week after is Chadderton which many will go to.
Chris Elworthy
04-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Please post here whether you would be interested if you read this.
Chris
Mr Satchell
04-02-2013, 07:01 PM
I would rather b at goshen than at chadderton. What Eva the plan I'm already there
losichris
04-02-2013, 08:02 PM
I would rather b at goshen than at chadderton. What Eva the plan I'm already there
Snap! But alot have booked in, and already paid
matt76
04-02-2013, 08:03 PM
count me in :thumbsup:
losichris
04-02-2013, 08:07 PM
I dont think we need a head count. If we arrange a date, and its not raining bad, people will come. Just finalize dates, and see who can run the meeting, then post on here.
Si Coe
04-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Put it this way guys - its gonna cost me quite a few quid for the round trip in fuel, so we better have a few heats of people to make it worthwhile. But dry and cold is better than rain, so if the track is dry lets race......
Gavin Collingwood
04-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Even if its wet which it will be even if its not raining, I don't care as long as its not actually pissing it down
Cremegg
04-02-2013, 11:35 PM
I'm up for this too
Maddy
05-02-2013, 07:30 PM
count me in
Mr Satchell
05-02-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm too excited :woot:
dougher
08-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Count me in to, can we confirm date and time?
rapidrubberwill
08-02-2013, 09:39 PM
I'll have a bit of that count me in
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.