View Full Version : TC02C bad jumping attitude
nosequehacer
04-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Hi all, I need some help. The car has plenty off traction and runs pretty well but everytime it takes a jump the nose goes down dramatically.
I think may be it´s just setup, I don´t know. I run 25/30 and med springs all around.
Thank you
Dave Dodd
04-02-2013, 11:57 AM
how much drag brake are you using?
or possibly some binding on the rear wheels?
SamRCRacing
04-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Is that 25 in the front?
If so that will be your problem. Switch the oils round.
Sam
nosequehacer
04-02-2013, 12:35 PM
no drag brake.
25/30 rear/front
Dandare
04-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Do you 'drive' the jump or just let it coast until it lands ?
Try coming off the throttle just as it leaves the ground & if it goes nose heavy in the air give it some throttle which should bring the nose up.
marcel
04-02-2013, 12:52 PM
It nosequhacks the front in the grount:).
Maybe alot of weight in the front.?
Think its hard to change the jumping witout changing the drive feeling.
Think you have to change your way of taking the jump.
nosequehacer
04-02-2013, 12:58 PM
May be. I have a Tc02 and jumps very well. I don´t know what happens
marcel
04-02-2013, 01:06 PM
The tc02 jumps nose up couse the weight rear.
The tc02c is more automatic nose down.
Need some change in jumpstyle:)
Maybe test some 5 to 10 thicker oil front maybe it gets you there with jumping
Witout changing.to much with feel of the car.
nosequehacer
04-02-2013, 01:12 PM
I will try with harder oil in front. The car is awesome in clay aswell ¡¡
dicky14
04-02-2013, 01:13 PM
how much weight do you run under your battery, im running 90gramms and 45 gramms on the servo/ nose plate, it could be a ride height problem but i dont think its an oil problem i run 30wt all round and my car flys great
nosequehacer
04-02-2013, 01:36 PM
I run 100gr just under the lipo.
Origineelreclamebord
04-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Are you running a sensored motor? I don't hear you mentioning it jumps inconsistently, but I found out halfway through the season last year that the move to a sensored brushless system solved most of the issues with my jumping :p Finally I had control over the pitch of the car in the air!
As for setup, front weight does tend to make the car nose dive if you have no more extra throttle to play with in the air (ie. if you hit a jump at maximum velocity/throttle you can't really adjust it to point it's nose up), but I found my FF Buggy works just fine with jumping (and that car has 75+% of the weight up front).
When you've ruled out the track and your driving style, I'd have a look at your suspension. Make sure your suspension (with the dampers taken off) works smoothly over it's entire movement. If it seizes up on (sudden) compression seriously upset the balance of your car when it's pushed down onto the slope. Also, just as a theory, I think too much pack in the dampers (particularly if the front vs. rear run very different pack setups) this could also result in the nose-diving behaviour.
nosequehacer
04-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Thanks to all of you, now I´ve a lot of work to do with the car. I will look all the points that you´ve remarked:thumbsup:
Allan1875
04-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Found this topic very interesting as I was having the same problem with my own car (b44.1) yesterday.
It was only my 2nd meeting with the car and all I changed from the previous week was the shock oil all round.
My problem was over a very short and low jump, the car would nose dive but as you were landing on a corner that was 90 degrees, if you have any throttle mid air to level off, you over shot the next corner. Other cars were letting off as they hit the jump, no added throttle and they were staying level.
I'm in the position where I was thinking it may have been my driving g also but now I'm not sure.
Sorry for the thread hijack, i will continue to observe from a distance.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.