PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed - possible ESC failure


wingers
05-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Tonight my motor suddenly cut out during a heat but when I tried a different motor it still didn't work, so I think the problem is with the ESC.

I haven't checked this before but one of the ESC phases is now connected to ground. I'm guessing that it shouldn't be.
Can anyone confirm that?

I don't know what the next step is but unless it's repairable I'm expecting to need a new ESC.
:(


Wingers

bert digler
06-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Tonight my motor suddenly cut out during a heat but when I tried a different motor it still didn't work, so I think the problem is with the ESC.

I haven't checked this before but one of the ESC phases is now connected to ground. I'm guessing that it shouldn't be.
Can anyone confirm that?

I don't know what the next step is but unless it's repairable I'm expecting to need a new ESC.
:(


Wingers
Have you checked the sensor wire as all dc electrics require a ground to form the circuit according to tinternet
;)

neallewis
06-02-2013, 04:46 AM
Measure resistance of each phase, first to ground, recording the results, then to the +ve. You are looking for consistent results for each phase. A higher reading on one phase would suggest that one is blown.