PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Transponders


jcb
08-02-2013, 02:16 PM
For those thinking of racing outside of the club at regionals and other events please note that your transponder may or may not be compatible depending upon what system the host club is using.

As I understand it:
If you have a Harry or original AMBrcPT transponder it will be compatible with the new (RC4) and previous versions of timing equipment.

The MRT PT is not compatible with the new RC4 decoder which I believe Coastal and ARC will be using. Coastal have some handout transponders available, but ARC don't, this may change so keep an eye out on the East of England thread.

If you need to buy a PT please note that the new Purcy transponder only works with the new RC4 timing equipment and not all clubs have the RC4 timing equipment!



If you ask me it seems like a money making scheme from Mylaps!! I know things have to progress and move forward, but find it annoying that compatibility becomes and issue at the expense of the racer.


The handy chart - thanks to Ben Hubbard :thumbsup:, shows what timing systems the host clubs are using for the East of England Regional Series along with compatibility and if hand out transponders are available.

http://swangallery.myff.org/gallery/1497006/EoE%20Trans.png

racingdwarf
08-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Good point John, I'm still a bit confused I thought the RC4 would recive from all AMB pt's but I have now seen a couple of posts about the original pt's not working:confused:

bigred5765
08-02-2013, 05:00 PM
all ambs work with the software, its only mrts that don't work

Shaun_TLR
08-02-2013, 06:16 PM
so if ive got one of these,

http://www.maxbashing.com/mbforum/showthread.php?20020-My-laps-transponder-%28harry%29-SOLD

am I in the game, or do I need to cough up some more wonga?

alteredoggy
08-02-2013, 06:22 PM
your in the game

ShaunieT
08-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Hi all

So is it best I purchase the Harry transponders,
Looking to do some regionals with the boys

racingdwarf
08-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Yes, the latest one "percy" will only work with the latest rc4 system, the harry will work on all;)

Shaun_TLR
08-02-2013, 09:13 PM
your in the game

Woot ! Victory jig