PDA

View Full Version : what esc to buy?


matt76
08-02-2013, 05:48 PM
How do lads,

I've just bought a Durango DEX410 and I'm confused by all the different makes of speed controllers and what they do regarding settings, I have a speed passion v3 5.5r motor.

I race outdoor on astro and indoor on carpet/slippy floor

I have a budget of about £140

Which speedo would you buy?

I've been looking at

Speed Passion GT2.0 Pro
Team Orion Vortex R10 Pro
second hand Tekin pro

Any advice appreciated :thumbsup:

Matt

john333
08-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Have look at dualsky speedos, very efficient and cool running.

tcboy1983
08-02-2013, 06:05 PM
you could get a reventon pro for £100 and also a hobby wing v3 for £130-140

both very good esc

badger5
08-02-2013, 07:38 PM
I would go with either an Orion R10 Pro or the DualSky 850 or 870 if your budget could stretch a little as both work out at about £160 with the setting/program cards.

kartstuffer
09-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Go for the Tekin for ease of fitment, it also depends on the receiver size .
I use Sanwa 2.4 and have run Tekin ,Orion, LRP SXX & SP superstock.
The Tekin is the easiest to fit and the one i use most.

matt76
10-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the replies, I'm going for the tekin rs pro :thumbsup: