View Full Version : New speedo
I looking for a new Speedo fro my DB1. Im running a Tekin RS at the moment with has been great but im looking to upgrade.
Now the short list is either a Tekin RS Pro,Orion R10 Pro or the SP Reventon Pro. The Orion and Tekin have been recommended but im not sure on the SP, i will mainly be running at Silverstone on there high grip track with a thunder power 7.5 motor will this speedo handle it OK. The spec's on the Tekin and Orion look good but the SP says its a 140amp, i know it will handle the 7.5 motor but my concern is that the high grip may cause it to thermal.
What do you think.
Cheers
Ross
delanobe
10-02-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm running a SP Pro in both the DB1 and lazer without any issues.
The DB1 has a 7,5 X20 and the lazer a X20 6,5.
I'm running a SP Pro in both the DB1 and lazer without any issues.
The DB1 has a 7,5 X20 and the lazer a X20 6,5.
Ok cool. Is it a high grip track you use it on.
deano43
10-02-2013, 05:23 PM
You really should take a look at the dualsky range of speedos at SMD who are on here I have the 850tf and at £130 was excellent value , it's a 150amp version & has a full aluminium case so runs very cool and has upgradable firmware just in case you are worried about reliability I have had mine 6 months with no hassle and Nathan waters of Durango fame has run this brand again with no problems
You really should take a look at the dualsky range of speedos at SMD who are on here I have the 850tf and at £130 was excellent value , it's a 150amp version & has a full aluminium case so runs very cool and has upgradable firmware just in case you are worried about reliability I have had mine 6 months with no hassle and Nathan waters of Durango fame has run this brand again with no problems
Thanks Fella,they look interesting. Its just a shame that the importer cant get the correct features for the product, its all about motor and not the speedo :eh?::(
http://www.smddirect.co.uk/45362-xc850tf-mj-150a-brushless-esc-for-1-10-scale-race-cars-and-4-16#product-description
You really should take a look at the dualsky range of speedos at SMD who are on here I have the 850tf and at £130 was excellent value , it's a 150amp version & has a full aluminium case so runs very cool and has upgradable firmware just in case you are worried about reliability I have had mine 6 months with no hassle and Nathan waters of Durango fame has run this brand again with no problems
Is it this one or the one on SMD's site fella. This one looks good.
http://www.dualsky.com/pro_list_for.asp?sid=118&id=684
discothesnake
10-02-2013, 06:10 PM
I use Orion speedos and they're fantastic but the SZp Reventon Pro is more than capable. And at £100 it's superb value.
Dave
delanobe
10-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Yes, both used on astro indoor and outdoor.
Ok cool. Is it a high grip track you use it on.
tyreman
10-02-2013, 07:25 PM
I have these for sale
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121745
deano43
10-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Hi the link is for te xc870 which again is a top end esc but the one I have is the xc850tf if your on SMD direct website go on dualsky then track & field esc you will find it there
welshmerlin
10-02-2013, 10:28 PM
I looking for a new Speedo fro my DB1. Im running a Tekin RS at the moment with has been great but im looking to upgrade.
Now the short list is either a Tekin RS Pro,Orion R10 Pro or the SP Reventon Pro. The Orion and Tekin have been recommended but im not sure on the SP, i will mainly be running at Silverstone on there high grip track with a thunder power 7.5 motor will this speedo handle it OK. The spec's on the Tekin and Orion look good but the SP says its a 140amp, i know it will handle the 7.5 motor but my concern is that the high grip may cause it to thermal.
What do you think.
Cheers
Ross
My son Steven is using a Reventon Pro at Silverstone with a LRP X12 7.5T and it's fine. We will be there Tuesday if you wish to check temps after a race. We can point you in the direction of someone using Dualsky on Tuesday too.
Mike
My son Steven is using a Reventon Pro at Silverstone with a LRP X12 7.5T and it's fine. We will be there Tuesday if you wish to check temps after a race. We can point you in the direction of someone using Dualsky on Tuesday too.
Mike
Thanks Mike. Im not racing Tuesday but i may pop along to have a look.
Cheers
Ross
tcboy1983
10-02-2013, 10:44 PM
It can handle 3.5t, I ran 7.5t on the reventon r 70amp not the pro on high grip astro and never suffered any heat probs even in a big old shortcorse truck so i think a 140amp will do, the hobbywing v3 is still only 120amp same with the gm120 so anything 120amps up will suit ur needs
It can handle 3.5t, I ran 7.5t on the reventon r 70amp not the pro on high grip astro and never suffered any heat probs even in a big old shortcorse truck so i think a 140amp will do, the hobbywing v3 is still only 120amp same with the gm120 so anything 120amps up will suit ur needs
The Sp seem more and more attractive.
Cheers
Ross
tcboy1983
11-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Happy to help u hope u like what ever one u get
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.