PDA

View Full Version : SP V3 10.5t - FDR? (SV2)


brizzlemark
10-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Hi all,

First car where I have to play with much, last one was RTR so didn't need to worry about this.

I have put a 10.5t SP V3 motor into my SV2 and need to sort out the basic gearing before I start faffing with other settings.

SP say a ratio of between 5.2 and 6.2 in their manual. Looking at the SV2 manual this looks like I will have to go with a 76t spur and a really large pinion 30-31t.

Looking around oople this seems a tad out of the norm so am I doing something wrong or do others have experience of the motor/car combo and like to offer some advice.

Oh, will be mainly running on high grip carpet or sometimes astro on fairly small tracks

Cheers.

Mark

dale
11-02-2013, 09:55 AM
I run 27/78 on this motor in my X6, which works out at 7.5 FDR. On smaller tracks this is plenty fast enough on its own. On bigger tracks I run some ESC turbo timing to keep up on the straight.

The SP suggested gearings sound well overgeared to me, they'd be very sluggish.