PDA

View Full Version : Which Charger?


h0m3sy
11-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Looking to update my charger, what's hot and what's not? What are your experiences? Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

bigred5765
11-02-2013, 02:53 PM
this one the new one were using dave cant recomend it highly enough

Jamie B4
11-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Get what you pay for

ORION everyday of the week

Gonky
11-02-2013, 03:12 PM
this one the new one were using dave cant recomend it highly enough

Looks interesting, where's the best place to get one of those?

eddscott
11-02-2013, 03:28 PM
To me this is an interesting question. Theres alot of talk that although there are lots of brands of Lipos they are all pretty much made in only a few places. Now looking at the various chargers available they all look very similar.

I've got an Orion charger but I bought it because it has the A/C plug. Theres a couple of chargers out there that look exactly the same as the Orion charger. I've also got a Turnigy 12V powered charger and that looks identical to about 80% of the charger we see these days. Gone are the days when you'd turn up at a meet with a ProTrak or a Turbo30 if you were particularly flush and folk would know you meant business :D

h0m3sy
11-02-2013, 03:38 PM
this one the new one were using dave cant recomend it highly enough

What kind of power supply is needed to run it Carl?

bigred5765
11-02-2013, 03:49 PM
300 watt minimum
we do those as well pm me if your interested

bigred5765
11-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Get what you pay for

ORION everyday of the week
thats true jamie do you know who make them for orion lrp and nosram

bigred5765
11-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Looks interesting, where's the best place to get one of those?
you can buy them from me

MikePimlott
11-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Get what you pay for

ORION everyday of the week

ORION make expensive stickers mate, nothing else.

Chris-S
11-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Currently using a much more legend, very good charger. Only downside is the need for a powersupply.

MuchMore Hybrid would be my choice if I needed to replace the legend:
http://www.muchmoreracing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_73&products_id=4789

bigred5765
11-02-2013, 04:48 PM
http://www.skyrc.com/image/cache/data/update/t6755-720x480.jpg
spec
AC Input: 100-240V
DC Input: 11-18Volt
Charge circuit power: 55W
Charge current range: 0.1-7.0A
Discharge current power: 5W
Discharge current range: 0.1-2.0A
Current drain for balancing port: 200mA/cell
NiCd/NiMH battery cell count: 1-15Cells
LiPo/LiFe/Lilon cell count: 1-6Cells
Pb battery voltage: 2-20V
Net weight: 540g
Dimension: 140x165x60mm

bigred5765
11-02-2013, 04:51 PM
or this one that can be controlled buy bluetooth or android phones, via secure key
http://www.skyrc.com/image/cache/data/update/6x80plus%20blue-720x480.jpg
AC Input:100-240V
DC Input:11-18V
Charge Circuit Power: AC Input 50W

DC Input 80W

Charge Current Range:0.1-10A
Discharge Current Power:8W
Discharge Current Range:0.1-5A
Current Drain for Balancing Port:200mA/cell
NiCd/NiMH Battery Cell Count:1-15cells
LiPo/LiFe/Lilon Battery Cell Count:1-6cells
Pb Battery Voltage:2-20V
Net Weight:525g
Dimension:135*112*60.9mm

cigbunt
11-02-2013, 06:21 PM
bang for buck get a CORE RC UAC-50 its main feature is it charges batteries :thumbsup:

bigred5765
11-02-2013, 08:32 PM
bang for buck get a CORE RC UAC-50 its main feature is it charges batteries :thumbsup:
yes but thats made buy skyrc for core rc here is a pic of skys version
http://www.skyrc.com/image/cache/data/productpic/charger/SKYe6650_1-720x480.jpg

RCcool101
11-02-2013, 08:45 PM
+1 for Core UAC-50, Pretty faultless as far as I've used, also great vlaue for money.

mark christopher
11-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Get what you pay for

ORION everyday of the week

then you would buy Bantam!!

Hatebreed
11-02-2013, 09:23 PM
i recommend icharger, their chargers are really nice, high quality and its nice to be able to measure the internal resistance on the batteries!

trax de max
13-02-2013, 12:05 AM
icharger range for price.
It's not worth getting a charger under 100watts.

NeilRalph77
13-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Stay away from the UAC50 I've had 2 in 4 months one's a replacement for another which was a replacement for a UAC40, and the fan on the current ones dodgy, I'd stay away from core full stop I've been bitten by gash handsets, servos and chargers.

OneKiwi
13-02-2013, 08:40 AM
ill see yours and raise it buy one lol
http://www.skyrc.com/image/cache/data/update/t6755-720x480.jpg
spec
AC Input: 100-240V
DC Input: 11-18Volt
Charge circuit power: 55W
Charge current range: 0.1-7.0A
Discharge current power: 5W
Discharge current range: 0.1-2.0A
Current drain for balancing port: 200mA/cell
NiCd/NiMH battery cell count: 1-15Cells
LiPo/LiFe/Lilon cell count: 1-6Cells
Pb battery voltage: 2-20V
Net weight: 540g
Dimension: 140x165x60mm


Wow that charger looks awesome good chance that would be my new one if and I suppose when it comes with dual +outputs.

I have a hyperion dual and am really happy with that.

cigbunt
13-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Stay away from the UAC50 I've had 2 in 4 months one's a replacement for another which was a replacement for a UAC40, and the fan on the current ones dodgy, I'd stay away from core full stop I've been bitten by gash handsets, servos and chargers.

been using a uac40 for nearly 2 years no problems at all..

did your just go pop?

h0m3sy
14-02-2013, 12:12 AM
I got this one....

http://www.skyrc.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3

Does everything I need for £60 :)

JonyNitro
14-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Ichargers rule I have the 208b and just bought the 206 aswell

IrishRacer
14-02-2013, 09:02 PM
hi
i recommend an imax or a ripmax i use both and they are brilliant and work fast


thanks a mil
IrishRacer

h0m3sy
15-02-2013, 12:30 AM
It even has a USB port so I can charge my phone or have my iPod playing some tunes :thumbsup:

MikePimlott
15-02-2013, 12:41 AM
It even has a USB port so I can charge my phone or have my iPod playing some tunes :thumbsup:

Only one charger to listen to tunes on

http://www.venom-group.com/Venom-Medion-Dual-10-Amp-Charger-with-Audio-Speakers.html

Haha how annoying

bigred5765
15-02-2013, 12:44 AM
It even has a USB port so I can charge my phone or have my iPod playing some tunes :thumbsup:
you wont be disapointed dave there a great charger

NeilRalph77
15-02-2013, 08:17 AM
been using a uac40 for nearly 2 years no problems at all..

did your just go pop?

No stopped working on 240v within 3 months of owning it to be fair the model shop was very good and got it repaired for me, but then 10 months later is went again which is when it was replaced for the 50 that didn't work correctly from day 1, that went back twice I even recieved the job/repair sheet for it in which I got accused of not knowing how to plug it in correctly, they finally conceded it was faulty and replaced it for this 1 with the dodgy fan. Added to the faulty Core Code handset and the ropey servo I think this brand may not be for me.

cigbunt
15-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Only one charger to listen to tunes on

http://www.venom-group.com/Venom-Medion-Dual-10-Amp-Charger-with-Audio-Speakers.html

Haha how annoying


well OTT, is it just a audio jack in?
you can get this for £15 notes will probally produce better sound.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Eq2zW7NPL._AA160_.jpg

and this for £2
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31xTXhPmwlL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

plus its DC power only so you need a PSU on top of the £200 you just spent..

mtbd500
16-02-2013, 02:42 AM
Rc's best kept secret does it again...

http://www.giantshark.co.uk/fflying-quattro-charger-p-406693.html


I have been using the gt xdrive for 2 to 3 years and it has never missed a beat.

eddscott
06-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Has anyone got experience of using a Much More Hybrid charger. I like the way it stands and the power outputs but the charger itself looks very similar in layout to the cheap £30 chargers ala Turnigy etc.

Is it different or just the same thing in a posh frock?