View Full Version : Vaterra TWIN HAMMERS in action
jimmy
11-02-2013, 07:45 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gcMryrPRs_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Another excellent video from Horizon UK - showing off the bashing potential of the new Vaterra TWIN HAMMERS beastly truck. I wish I could fit in it, it'd be ace!
mark christopher
11-02-2013, 09:45 PM
is that 1:1 speed or is the video speeded up at all?
Gnarly Old Dog
12-02-2013, 07:08 AM
It's not speeded up at all Mark. Just some great videography produces real aggressive camera shots.
It's not a 'fast' buggy in the way that a modern 2WD or 4WD would be but out of the box, it's 15T brushed motor will propel it at speeds akin to that of an early Hotshot or an out of the box RTR like the ECX Boost - making it ideal to bash with or for those starting out.
I can vouch though that the transmission is quite capable of handling much more power. I've been running one with a 8.5T sensored system on 2S and it's a real hooligan. Some guys in the states have been using the Tekin 4-pole ROC motors and 3S without any problems.
It's a lot of fun - I can't yet make up my mind whether to make it slower and turn it into a more capable scaler or keep with the powerful brushless set ups for more speed - mwoahhhh
mark christopher
12-02-2013, 07:08 PM
like the water proof idea, so guess 15 is about right for both crawling and a bit of speed
ceejay21
12-02-2013, 08:57 PM
they look really good. i haven't had something that's not a race car for quite sometime. maybe its time to get a "toy" again :D
Howler
23-02-2013, 11:23 PM
I got mine a couple of days ago and i'm well pleased with it. More capable over rocks and rough stuff than an SCX10 (i did put 500,000 weight front diff oil in), yet still fast enough to jump stuff in high gear. Need to get rid of those ugly moulded lights though, i'm sure new panels will be along soon enough.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.