View Full Version : Replacement Shock Ends ?? Mini 8
toddzellia
13-02-2013, 06:15 AM
Last night during are speed race I was taken out by somebody hitting me from behind.It happend Twice #%# they hit my rear shock and boath times the shock ends Broke the plastic is shit!! Any ideas ?? Cheers.
Danny Harrison
13-02-2013, 09:31 AM
There is an OFNA parts tree. I cant remember the code but the shock tops are a perfect match and they are very strong. A little google searching will help. Try searching 'OFNA shock tops losi mini 8ight' :)
ron63
13-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Best solution is to use the OFNA Tops (37100) and the Rodends from Traxxas (5349). You just need to use the stock hollow balls in the Traxxas parts.
Danny Harrison
13-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Best solution is to use the OFNA Tops (37100) and the Rodends from Traxxas (5349). You just need to use the stock hollow balls in the Traxxas parts.
Them ones yes :)
Dombrasky
13-02-2013, 11:21 AM
or carisma Gt14B,there the same
toddzellia
13-02-2013, 12:27 PM
or carisma Gt14B,there the same
I heard that about the carisma how is the plastic ? I am guesssing alot better than the losi.
Dombrasky
13-02-2013, 06:32 PM
carisma plastics good :)
lardy37
13-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Yes carisma ones are the same and I been racing one for 18 months and never broke a shock but my sons losi did so replaced them with carisma ones and never broke again
leeboy44
13-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Hi, the shop where I buy all my stuff from has had alloy shock tops made
There must be 20 pairs floating about
If you want some pm me.
These are shock tops only
We then use Carisma rod ends
There £12 posted for a set of 4
Jonesy
14-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Last night during are speed race I was taken out by somebody hitting me from behind.It happend Twice #%# they hit my rear shock and boath times the shock ends Broke the plastic is shit!! Any ideas ?? Cheers.
It just sounds like you've been really unlucky. I raced for Losi here in the UK for over a year when the mini-8 first came out and it's fair to say I put in alot of hours with the car and didn't make any at all.
Obviously your experience is different, I never had a problem with any bits from the Mini-8
toddzellia
14-02-2013, 05:59 PM
It just sounds like you've been really unlucky. I raced for Losi here in the UK for over a year when the mini-8 first came out and it's fair to say I put in alot of hours with the car and didn't make any at all.
Obviously your experience is different, I never had a problem with any bits from the Mini-8
Yeah I am still new to this but we have alot TRigger happy people or Pushy people but it was bad luck.I have been running all winter and had on problems of the sort but SHIT HAPPINS.
rondoolaa
14-02-2013, 06:23 PM
i use these
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8368/8474333378_8b20c9544f_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/76269319@N04/8474333378/)
.
.
toddzellia
14-02-2013, 08:05 PM
i use these
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8368/8474333378_8b20c9544f_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/76269319@N04/8474333378/)
.
.
Cheers just orderd some from Model sport.
toddzellia
22-02-2013, 04:45 PM
OK ready to go :) got the traxxas rod ends on and thanks to Leeboy some nice aluminum shock caps :thumbsup:
RobChalmers
23-02-2013, 12:13 AM
the other option is a set of RPM 4-40 'short' rod ends picked mine up for 4.99 for a set of 16
toddzellia
23-02-2013, 08:22 AM
the other option is a set of RPM 4-40 'short' rod ends picked mine up for 4.99 for a set of 16
cheers mate but have those allready I used the traxxas ones on the end of my shock pistons,the losi plastic is very brittle I even broke two just trying to take them off :eh?:
RobChalmers
23-02-2013, 05:37 PM
cool, for some reason I though you were on about the turnbuckle ends - my mind really wasn't in it yesterday !
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.