View Full Version : 4wd or 2wd?!
dougher
15-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Hi everyone
I'm looking for words of wisdom...
I have a losi xx 2wd - vintage it is. I'm either going to upgrade to a current 2wd (sv2 or 210), or go 4wd (associated or new xray).
Probably a matter of personal choice admittedly, but was sill hoping for some advice. I like the idea of 4wd as they can be pushed and driven more aggressively, but like the fact 2wd has more people to race against. I have thought keeping my losi 2wd, having a 4wd, and being able to enter either or both. Either way, thank you mr taxman for a tax rebate this month!!!
Thanks in advance
Sam
losichris
15-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Hi everyone
I'm looking for words of wisdom...
I have a losi xx 2wd - vintage it is. I'm either going to upgrade to a current 2wd (sv2 or 210), or go 4wd (associated or new xray).
Probably a matter of personal choice admittedly, but was sill hoping for some advice. I like the idea of 4wd as they can be pushed and driven more aggressively, but like the fact 2wd has more people to race against. I have thought keeping my losi 2wd, having a 4wd, and being able to enter either or both. Either way, thank you mr taxman for a tax rebate this month!!!
Thanks in advance
Sam
Beginner choice should always be a 2wd.
Cheaper to run, easier to maintain and a good way to improve driving skills.
When youve nailed the 2wd, move up to 4wd, where your driving skills will make driving the 4wd great fun!
dougher
15-02-2013, 05:53 PM
have you driven both sv2 and 210 by any chance? I saw a couple of sv2's going around last sunday meet and they seemed quick, the 210 is meant to be more resistant to breaking - any truth?!
losichris
15-02-2013, 06:12 PM
have you driven both sv2 and 210 by any chance? I saw a couple of sv2's going around last sunday meet and they seemed quick, the 210 is meant to be more resistant to breaking - any truth?!
Yes i have the sv2 now, and last season had the 210.
To be honest theres no good or bad car, and theres obviously pro/cons for each. I would say though that the 210 is slightly stronger, but the sv2 is more drivable and easier to setup
Si Coe
15-02-2013, 09:10 PM
4wd seems attractive indoors at Counthill, but outside at Goshen there is that much grip that 2wd doesn't really require any more delicate driving.
Also 2wd is 3-4 times more popular......
dougher
15-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Good advice thank you, 2wd it is!
budfish
15-02-2013, 10:41 PM
2wd's are for girls:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:: thumbdown::thumbdown:
Si Coe
15-02-2013, 11:01 PM
2wd's are for girls:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:: thumbdown::thumbdown:
No - 2wds are for people who like girls.
The less we say about people with Kyosho Gayzers the better.....
budfish
15-02-2013, 11:15 PM
I've seen your mrs and its only because I like you you four eyed barfoon I'm not causing you any further shame. So shut it
Si Coe
15-02-2013, 11:34 PM
No Dave, its cos you are frightened my Mrs would kick your ar$e!
Which might of course be why she is my wife - I was far too scared to dump her.....
johnnygibbon
15-02-2013, 11:50 PM
buds having no rc car but tormenting oople users is gayer, we need you at the track racing , and on topic we both need a 4wd , and some money to buy one..
also ive met sis wife to and i would not be so cheeky si and buds , not if i ever wanted to race or walk again
tisher
16-02-2013, 12:10 AM
have you driven both sv2 and 210 by any chance? I saw a couple of sv2's going around last sunday meet and they seemed quick, the 210 is meant to be more resistant to breaking - any truth?!
Out of them two go for the sv2 what I found with the two cars was the 210 needed a 6.5 or even 5.5 to make it quick found the slipper on the 210 pants but the car handles well jumps well and is pretty strong the sv2 is quicker more nimble but jumps crap balance is not that great unless your adding weight everywhere and not as robust but you would be quicker lap for lap.
I know alot of lads at bury will disagree only because most run 210s but that does not mean they are that quick with them;)
I run a 2nd hand x6 cost me 60quid on ebay that thing is a great 2wd best car I have owned and I have had a few 2wds last year
Si Coe
16-02-2013, 12:30 AM
Yeah, my 210 is sooo slow with its 10.5t.......
Gavin Collingwood
16-02-2013, 08:10 AM
Or get a car that's tough, fast and easy to set up.... The RB6. Granted they are a little pricey but you don't need to buy any optional extra as it come with EVERYTHING. After you've bought the sv2 you need to buy around £60-70 on optional parts ect to get it going well, as they don't run we'll straight out of the box. Or try the yokomo bmax2mr now that looks a class car not sure about how strong or handling but they look good going round a track
tisher
16-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Yeah, my 210 is sooo slow with its 10.5t.......
Noooo just when you drive it:p:lol: seriously tho that was the one thing I was disappointed with that it seemed you had to throw tons of power into the drive train to make it feel quick. Maybe it was just the car I had although I did only run it twice as I did not like it that much but I love my dex 410
coleman758
16-02-2013, 09:55 AM
No Dave, its cos you are frightened my Mrs would kick your ar$e!
Which might of course be why she is my wife - I was far too scared to dump her.....
This has got too be the quote of the year!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
bigred5765
16-02-2013, 10:54 AM
2wd's are for girls:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:: thumbdown::thumbdown:
2wd is for people that can drive
4wd is for people that like to think they can
Gavin Collingwood
16-02-2013, 10:59 AM
2wd is for people that can drive
4wd is for people that like to think they can
Yep totally agree, 2wd drivers can drive both. People who do 4wd only, can't.
dougher
18-02-2013, 08:29 PM
2wd it is - although I'm been mega tempted by a 4wd- if only they were £100 cheaper...
Now does anyone want a losi xx?!
Si Coe
18-02-2013, 08:52 PM
I'd love one, but I'm not going to pay you much for it!
Try the Vintage section here, if not successful try ebay. Yours is in good nick and the XX is an iconic car so it must be worth something.
Gavin Collingwood
18-02-2013, 08:54 PM
You'd get £30. I only got £50 for my xxcr kinwald edition with loads of spares which was in great nick
dougher
22-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Think I might keep it as a spare car for when I wipe my new one...:blush:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.