View Full Version : b44.2 battery tray
alex97
15-02-2013, 07:23 PM
Hello
Has anyone put the new b44.2 battery tray in a b44.1
Thanks alex
cutting42
16-02-2013, 01:29 AM
Yup I have. The mounting holes are wider apart than the stock post holes so you need to get your drill out and make some new holes.
I was lazy and did it without stripping down the car but probably neater if you do. The 44.2 brackets also have some molded pins in the underside to prevent distorting and you will need to drill a hole for them as well.
The other issue is there is not quite enough space to fit properly - the 44.2 being longer so you need to position carefully. I used the original rear post hole and had to trim a little bit of the bracket with a Dremel to clear the rear end mount for the gearbox and gubbins.
It is all worth it to be able to change batteries in 10 secs rather than 4 hours :D
cutting42
16-02-2013, 01:31 AM
Oh and the centre spacer is different as well but fits the original holes. I found I had to file it down a little as it was a fraction too wide but that may just have been a slightly wandered hole :blush:
Hi,
I've put B44.2 battery tray into B44.1. Cut the tray to fit the original B44.1 holes and shortened the straps. Works a treat. No idea why someone hasn't produced and sold these commercially.
Got for it.
:thumbsup:
cutting42
27-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Hi,
I've put B44.2 battery tray into B44.1. Cut the tray to fit the original B44.1 holes and shortened the straps. Works a treat. No idea why someone hasn't produced and sold these commercially.
Got for it.
:thumbsup:
That is a better idea than my way of doing it. I was worried about shortening the straps but your seems solid. I guess you have retained the carbon battery locator bars as well.
Yep. I used the original screws to hold the B44.2 battery tray parts on (you may need to trip these slightly). I used the cut down b44.2 battery straps - supa glued carbon fibre bits in the centre & then put some black tape over them for show.
Job done.
:thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.