View Full Version : 1987 IFMAR winning Masami CAT
DanB4
17-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Not perfect and still work to be done but I'm happy :)
Thanks to J1mbo and Terry for help with reproducing the decals.
I have another 4 of the decal sheets and also sheets of red, blue or black vintage style Schumacher and HPI Japan logos. PM if interested :)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130216_193727_zps7c049495.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130216_193622_zpsb97e7903.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130216_193731_zps8b592f9d.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130216_193745_zpsbe76fc87.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130216_220404_zps8fbcb52c.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130216_220441_zps96dafa88.jpg
HKS_TRD
17-02-2013, 12:55 AM
Wow thats awesome
I used to have a HPI Uno motor in my SE 20 years ago, I gave it away about 5 years ago (the motor) kicking my self but it wasn't in that great shape anyway but still.
I'd love to build up a CAT but they scare me in terms of difficulty to find parts
traffman
17-02-2013, 01:58 AM
Thats an amazing model , my good friend still has his Hpi Uno motor .
The brushes are teeny!
DanB4
17-02-2013, 02:33 AM
Thanks guys.
I have a yellow UNO which I might stick in the car. Better than it being in its box.....shame it doesn't have a blue label.
lllyf
17-02-2013, 06:05 AM
this is HPI blue label motor can
HKS_TRD
17-02-2013, 06:10 AM
WOW! Thats all I can say.
I'd love to have one of those motors for my SE for nostalgia but I think the CAT is a more worth recipient
Where do you get that from?
DanB4
17-02-2013, 06:55 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130217_092409_zps87254b86.jpg
DanB4
17-02-2013, 06:57 AM
this is HPI blue label motor can
Now THAT would look nice in my car!!
Adam F
17-02-2013, 07:15 AM
They look awesome Dan!
Naushad
17-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Very impressive Dan! Well done.
terry.sc
17-02-2013, 02:00 PM
So did you get Willy to print off some more stickers, or have you had to get them reproduced yourself.
Now THAT would look nice in my car!!
But that can was produced after the world Champs, as you can tell by the wording on the label. I think the correct motor label is the one Masami used on the roof of the body. In the early days before homologation it wasn't too difficult to get motor stickers from your sponsors to rebadge another motor.;)
DanB4
17-02-2013, 02:07 PM
So did you get Willy to print off some more stickers, or have you had to get them reproduced yourself.
But that can was produced after the world Champs, as you can tell by the wording on the label. I think the correct motor label is the one Masami used on the roof of the body. In the early days before homologation it wasn't too difficult to get motor stickers from your sponsors to rebadge another motor.;)
Ended up doing them myself together with the help of a friend in the UK Terry
DanB4
17-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Very impressive Dan! Well done.
Thanks Naushad! :)
Crashtest33
17-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Sweet!
MHeadling
17-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Nice one Dan, looks great
DanB4
17-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Nice one Dan, looks great
Thanks for the nice comments everyone
DanB4
20-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Body off pic.....electrics not installed yet (obviously!)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130220_221317_zpsb92123ae.jpg
DanB4
21-02-2013, 09:39 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130221_101609_zpsa29354da.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/Screenshot_2013-02-21-11-16-24_zps95e2d538.png
DerbyDan
21-02-2013, 09:56 AM
Cool! Spotted this on F.B - (on Mr Hirosaka's profile) - Max Kudos for getting his comment back!:cool:
I've messaged him about by Yokomo - but have not had a reply :cry:
P.S; you CAT looks supurb out in the sunlight on the beach... lovely!
DanB4
21-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Cool! Spotted this on F.B - (on Mr Hirosaka's profile) - Max Kudos for getting his comment back!:cool:
I've messaged him about by Yokomo - but have not had a reply :cry:
P.S; you CAT looks supurb out in the sunlight on the beach... lovely!
Cheers Dan I wanted to take more but the Mrs put her foot down :(
DerbyDan
21-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Cheers Dan I wanted to take more but the Mrs put her foot down :(
Lol - my 'better half' is rather bemused at my hobby & why I would want to take pictures of my toys... worst of all the possibility of being caught out with me whilst i am in 'geek-mode':D
sheriff
21-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Cheers Dan I wanted to take more but the Mrs put her foot down :(
Well, perhaps it's because on the beech you said 'how about a couple of pics with the top off' when you wanted to take a pic without the shell on?
Perhaps the Mrs misunderstood!:o
oh, and great to get a message from the man himself, brilliant!
Oval/offroadracer43
21-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Ive seen this thread on other forums, mainly rctech.
But I cant help to wonder, is this guy actually have the car
that Hirosaka had? Or is he simply wanting to reproduce a replica kinda like
not having the original just the one that looks like the one that won that year.
I bet if he had the original it wouldnt be for sale anywhere.:drool:
DanB4
21-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Ive seen this thread on other forums, mainly rctech.
But I cant help to wonder, is this guy actually have the car
that Hirosaka had? Or is he simply wanting to reproduce a replica kinda like
not having the original just the one that looks like the one that won that year.
I bet if he had the original it wouldnt be for sale anywhere.:drool:
Excellent! I'm impressed you think it could be the real thing!
I'm a regular here and put pics of the build on....it is definitely a replica....I still have yellow, red and black fingers to prove it! :)
Dan
Naushad
21-02-2013, 02:00 PM
It's clearly a replica and an excellent one.
Yeah masami keeps all his cars I think. There are pics on the net with exhibitions of his (mostly very green) collection.
DanB4
21-02-2013, 02:12 PM
The real one sits at Schumachers UK headquarters. ...just had an email from Robin actually saying he likes my car :)
DanB4
21-02-2013, 02:14 PM
It's clearly a replica and an excellent one.
Yeah masami keeps all his cars I think. There are pics on the net with exhibitions of his (mostly very green) collection.
Thanks Naushad I wish someone thought some of my Kyoshos were the real deal box art ones....that would be the ultimate compliment!
J1mbo
22-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Looks sweet Dan, glad I could help:thumbsup:
DanB4
22-02-2013, 09:47 AM
Looks sweet Dan, glad I could help:thumbsup:
Thanks again.....yours looks better!
DanB4
24-03-2013, 02:11 AM
Started installing the electrics last night
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130323_202709_zpsaffd5a3d.jpg
DanB4
06-06-2013, 06:21 AM
July 2013 issue of Racer in shops today ;)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130605_122118_zpsaec58fad.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130605_122723_zps3baa03e2.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130605_122111_zpsdd6a862f.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130605_122055_zps627f8000.jpg
Crashtest33
06-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Well done Dan!!! Great work pal. Gonna go buy a copy today.
(Great to see two of my rebuilds published!)
vrooom
06-06-2013, 08:47 AM
That is very cool replica. I love the simpility of body shell design in those years. good job.
optiman
06-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Dont get one, get two copies!!! That way you can cut and frame one of them.
Congrats!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:
NeilD
06-06-2013, 06:40 PM
July 2013 issue of Racer in shops today ;)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130605_122118_zpsaec58fad.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130605_122723_zps3baa03e2.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130605_122111_zpsdd6a862f.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130605_122055_zps627f8000.jpg
You're officially a legend, skills mate. :thumbsup:
DanB4
06-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Haha thanks! :)
kek23k
07-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Dan! Dan! You da man! :D
Awesome, must be a great feeling to have compliments back from Masami and Mr.Schumacher and the article is a testament to all your hard work. Inspiring stuff in a weird way! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
DanB4
07-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Thanks I really enjoyed doing this car
DanB4
12-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Last pic of the thread which I think closes it off nicely ;)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/SDRCC/20130612_222321_zpsdae8c146.jpg
Welshy40
13-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Superb, you did say it may hit the mag but boy oh boy, i may hsve to report you for the pornographic picture of all those beauties on, including the ZX, ZXR, YZ10 and of course that cat. I cant believe i sold my one.
optiman
13-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Dan,
The top left corner of the magazine says; "Help Required". Seriously do you need some storage room for the buggies...? I can help you, call me!!!!
Welshy40
03-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Mmm i just realised something. Firstly hats off mate, you have my designed zxr dead centre in white. Also page 110 bottom left red towel next to the chaps is my ZXR-S. Then page 109 top right im the one on the left eating my bacon and eggs :thumbsup:
DanB4
04-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Mmm i just realised something. Firstly hats off mate, you have my designed zxr dead centre in white. Also page 110 bottom left red towel next to the chaps is my ZXR-S. Then page 109 top right im the one on the left eating my bacon and eggs :thumbsup:
:) I need to get them to put an updated pic in the next issue! :p
Crashtest33
04-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Mmm i just realised something. Firstly hats off mate, you have my designed zxr dead centre in white. Also page 110 bottom left red towel next to the chaps is my ZXR-S. Then page 109 top right im the one on the left eating my bacon and eggs :thumbsup:
Gonna have to find those now!
HKS_TRD
10-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Just got my copy in the mail
Great stuff!
Welshy40
10-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Just got my copy in the mail
Great stuff!
That meal was rather nice just in case you were wondering
optiman
27-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Another great candidate for a stickie post!!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.