PDA

View Full Version : brand new optima mid


dbvanzuk
18-02-2013, 07:07 PM
does anyone know how much an optima mid is worth it's like new in mint condition built but never ran.any info is welcome thanks

dbvanzuk
19-02-2013, 06:17 AM
this is the car

HKS_TRD
19-02-2013, 07:06 AM
Not sure but I am very interested. Do you have the box, is the body genuine or a repro?

j0pp3
19-02-2013, 07:58 AM
It's worth as much as the highest bidder is willing to pay within a given period :)

Very nice mid...

DanB4
19-02-2013, 12:20 PM
does anyone know how much an optima mid is worth it's like new in mint condition built but never ran.any info is welcome thanks

I may have been lucky but I paid 180 quid for a boxed newly built mid, when it arrived I couldn't find any signs of it being run at all.

I fitted a repro shell and wing as the owner had painted it red and now it is a shelf queen. The guy said his uncle had given it to him as had found it in his attic.

The box, inner card and manual are mint.

Hope that helps and sorry if not!

Dan

dbvanzuk
19-02-2013, 05:17 PM
no I don't have the box or manual and the shell is a repro but that is the only bit that isn't original.ive been looking at pictures of optima mids but I havnt seen these adjustable tie rods before has anyone else?

terry.sc
19-02-2013, 05:54 PM
does anyone know how much an optima mid is worth it's like new in mint condition built but never ran.any info is welcome thanks
£220, apparently. (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Kyosho-Optima-Mid-Mint-/190799739570?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item2c6c8cfab2&nma=true&si=aYGGEcssTwG8GBHa4nlzO6KGcTY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557) :lol:
To check current value ebay completed listings (http://www.ebay.co.uk/csc/RadioControlled-/2562/i.html?_mdo=Toys-Games&LH_Complete=1&_dmd=1&_armrs=1&_pcats=220&_nkw=optima%20mid&_sop=16) is always the most reliable source. :D



The basic Mid didn't come with turnbuckles, just threaded links. The turnbuckles fitted aren't Kyosho ones.

dbvanzuk
19-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Jesus terry I only had a quick look till later but are they all yours :)

Crashtest33
19-02-2013, 10:48 PM
I thought £220 was very reasonable.
Paying for some bills this month anyways! Didn't really fit in my Lazer collection.

BORMAC
20-02-2013, 10:53 AM
I am sure I have seen those links in Dubro packets before. If not the same then similar.

terry.sc
20-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Jesus terry I only had a quick look till later but are they all yours :)
If you mean the visit my showroom link, that's probably around half of what I've got in my collection.