View Full Version : LRP 6.5 Screws Threaded
col300
10-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi,
I have aquired a used LRP 6.5 brushless motor, however the three long screws that hold it together are completley threaded. I've tried threadlock but it hasn't worked and it just keeps coming loose.
http://i38.tinypic.com/14iitq9.jpg
Does anyone have any idea's on how i can repair it?
thanks in advance.
mark christopher
10-07-2008, 12:22 PM
sounds to me like somone had stripped the threads, so you looking at a new end for the motor which i doubt is an option or spare part
Kopite
10-07-2008, 12:42 PM
i did that the other day to my motor, i think what Mark says is pretty much right :(
sparrow.2
10-07-2008, 12:47 PM
A friend of mine had the same thing happen, so he glued in M2 threaded rods and filed the front end of the can so that it would accept nuts.
It works and doesn't even look dodgy :)
Nos81
10-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi I think he considered my solution for this problem.All you have to do is to glue M2 threaded rods in the motor and mill the frontplate a little so the nuts will not be in the way when mounting the motor in your car.
sparrow.2
10-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi I think he considered my solution for this problem.All you have to do is to glue M2 threaded rods in the motor and mill the frontplate a little so the nuts will not be in the way when mounting the motor in your car.
That's exactly the guy I was talking about :thumbsup:
Chequered Flag Racing
10-07-2008, 06:31 PM
milling the endplate
Would that modification pass @ BRCA santioned events?
SlowOne
10-07-2008, 07:28 PM
I think it would - there is nothing in the Rules about endplates. Homologation states the style of mounting face (chamfered or flat) and that is still on the endplate in the picture. Why would it not pass?
col300
10-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi I think he considered my solution for this problem.All you have to do is to glue M2 threaded rods in the motor and mill the frontplate a little so the nuts will not be in the way when mounting the motor in your car.
thanks for all the response.
think i'll try this method. what glue would be best to use?
thanks
Nos81
11-07-2008, 08:29 AM
I used "Uhu Endfest" a glue mixed from two components, dries slowly and is head resistend so I hope it will last. So far I`ve used the fixed motor for two weekends in my BJ4 and it seems to work :)
sparrow.2
11-07-2008, 08:37 AM
UHU Endfest is a bit like high strength Araldite if you're looking for it in the UK.
col300
15-07-2008, 05:56 PM
thanks for all the help. motor now sorted and running fine.
nckmat
20-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Do you need to remove the sensor board in order to do this fix or do you just stuff the rods in?
Have you ever tried to remove the sensor board? Is it replaceable?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.