View Full Version : Losi xx
hit5005
20-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Just got my self a losi xx for vintage racing at club but three is no servo posts with it wot else will fit from a uk shop and wot servo are u runing in them and a set up for Carpet and polished floor with jumps ect thanks in advance
DerbyDan
21-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Here you go; ;)
http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/25455/
A good starting point on the XX for all surfaces is 30wt oil in your shocks all round with the kit 'red' pistons... I always seem to end up running pink springs on the rear & greens on the front. The shocks mounted in the holes as suggested in the build manual in all cases except on the rear wishbones... I have a CR 'Kinwald' but have fitted the original spec XX rear end, the shocks mount into a hoop on the front of the arm, the hot trick BITD & what I have also done, is to cut off this 'hoop' which allows for an extra outer hole to be drilled - I always run my shocks in this outer hole, the extra stability it gives is noticable (just watch your clearance with the rear wheels - the dished XXX wheels are wider than the XX wheels)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/DerbyDan/IMG_0275_zpsd6dba440.jpg
^^^The wishbone nearest shows the 'hoop' cut-off - the extra hole hadn't been drilled yet^^^
Body Paint
21-02-2013, 08:09 PM
I've got some servo post spare
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.