V6Jim
23-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Had a practice with my car. By mistake I pulled out the plug from the battery before I turned the speedo off. (HW 150A V2)
Thought nothing of it.
Plugged in a new set of cells, turned on transmitter, turned on car, short wait, beep beep, and bang off it went, full pelt along the workbench and into the shed wall!
Quickly gathered it all up before it destroyed my workbench and turned it off. (Not too much blood)
Thought I'd reset my speedo. So, on with the set button pushed in. Neutral (beep), Full throttle (beepbeep), full brake (beepbeepbeep). Gap, beep beep and, bang, off it went again! I was ready for it this time so orbit wasn't achieved.
Strange.
I checked my transmitter monitor and found that the throttle movement was set to go to full throttle in 1% of movement! So I reset my transmitter, reset my speedo and all is well.
So, it seems that it is possible to change the settings on a transmitter by doing something dumb with the car?
Discuss...
Jimmy
Thought nothing of it.
Plugged in a new set of cells, turned on transmitter, turned on car, short wait, beep beep, and bang off it went, full pelt along the workbench and into the shed wall!
Quickly gathered it all up before it destroyed my workbench and turned it off. (Not too much blood)
Thought I'd reset my speedo. So, on with the set button pushed in. Neutral (beep), Full throttle (beepbeep), full brake (beepbeepbeep). Gap, beep beep and, bang, off it went again! I was ready for it this time so orbit wasn't achieved.
Strange.
I checked my transmitter monitor and found that the throttle movement was set to go to full throttle in 1% of movement! So I reset my transmitter, reset my speedo and all is well.
So, it seems that it is possible to change the settings on a transmitter by doing something dumb with the car?
Discuss...
Jimmy