View Full Version : Big Thanks to all Today.
Tobamory
24-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Thanks to the guys that met me today, appreciate the time you took to explain the new platforms and tech
Steve
Dianne
Craig
Danny
James
Alan
Bob sorry I didn't stop to chat I had to rush off, and you were racing.
Hopefully in a few weeks I,ll be there to have a crack once ive got the gear together.
thanks
Rob
patient0
24-02-2013, 06:28 PM
hi rob,
no problems, i did come looking for you !, now i know where you went..
Ta
Danny Harrison
24-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Pre owned electrics can be a steal compared to new prices bud. Kit both cars out for price of 1 like that :drool:
Tobamory
24-02-2013, 08:35 PM
ill try find some Dan thanks
AndyG
24-02-2013, 10:39 PM
I've got a Nosram ISTC v1 Speedo for sale - £60.
Lemme know if it's of interest!
(I'm a Batley member)
Tobamory
25-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Thanks Andy I might be, I'm just going to pop a post somewhere looking for second hand gear just so I can get racing
Main things I need are
Brushless 4.5 to 7.5
Radio gear 2.4 plus receiver
Steering servo
Need x 2 everything and prefer ok gear that you just don't use but works 100%
Thanks
jameswilkinson7
25-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Motor wise try and keep towards the 7.5 area... 4.5, 5.5 would be far too fast! I'm running 8.5 in my 2wd and 7.5 in my 4wd, that's plenty of power.
AndyG
25-02-2013, 10:19 AM
prefer ok gear that you just don't use but works 100%
...that's exactly what it is.
Richard Lowe
25-02-2013, 10:38 AM
...Main things I need are
Brushless 4.5 to 7.5
...
If I were you I'd be looking at 10.5's or possibly even slower if you're coming back after a long break. 10.5's with LiPo's these days are faster than any brushed setups we used to run (!), and more than fast enough to do really well with.
4.5's are for drag racing!
Aire valley
25-02-2013, 12:00 PM
If I were you I'd be looking at 10.5's or possibly even slower if you're coming back after a long break. 10.5's with LiPo's these days are faster than any brushed setups we used to run (!), and more than fast enough to do really well with.
4.5's are for drag racing!
Couldn't agree more... 10.5 or 13.5 are ideal for most drivers , particularly new ones, indoors... Expert drivers might handle faster ones.... But where can you use the speed? Good track at Batley yesterday , very twisty could only use speed for a few metres down the straight ! However, some people were using motors far too quick for their ability
If Richard says 10.5 then that's good enough for me !
neallewis
25-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Couldn't agree more... 10.5 or 13.5 are ideal for most drivers , particularly new ones, indoors... Expert drivers might handle faster ones.... But where can you use the speed? Good track at Batley yesterday , very twisty could only use speed for a few metres down the straight ! However, some people were using motors far too quick for their ability
If Richard says 10.5 then that's good enough for me !
! I just posted this on his wanted...
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123079
Richard and Aire are right... very good advice.
Tobamory
25-02-2013, 01:13 PM
thanks guys ive got that down on the list.
Danny Harrison
25-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Tobamory has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
I'm getting this when I try reply bud. How soon do you want to be up n running?
andys
25-02-2013, 02:11 PM
...that's exactly what it is.
Don't think he trusts you Andy !!
Seriously though - if you buy an older speedo, I ran one of the 1st generation LRP brushless yesterday - then i'd go for a 7.5 or 6.5 motor as you don't have Turbo & Boost / Timing etc. The speedo Andy is selling is a good one, and would work well with a 6.5 or 7.5 - even an 8.5 if you are soft.
If you go for a newer speedo, then by all means go for a 10.5 or similar. People posting about 10.5's being fast enough is ok, but many people run these motors with the more advanced settings on the speedo's to get similar top speeds as much lower wind motors.
Personally if I put a 10.5 in with my older speedo - it would be a snail !
Outdoors at Batley it would be a joke !
It's a bit of a nightmare to get your head around as things keep changing with motors / speedo's. Some motors are much faster than others for the same wind. Ideally you need to match the speedo & motor combo you go for to work well together - not necessarily the make, just the wind and settings available on the speedo as I outlined.
Basically - older speedo with no boost / timing - get a 6.5 or 7.5
Newer speedo with all timings bells and whistles - you can get a slower motor (10.5 ish) and set the speedo to wind it up if needed.
Oscar
25-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Sorry Andy,
Have to disagree. I run 8.5 in 2wd outdoors with no boost or timing and it's plenty fast enough, even with average batteries.
For anyone coming back after a long break I would suggest a 10.5, or maybe 8.5 if 4wd.
Danny Harrison
25-02-2013, 02:49 PM
thanks guys ive got that down on the list.
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/catalogsearch/result/index/?limit=24&q=Reventon-R
These combo's look to be a real bargain. Also based in Leeds with second to none service.
Tobamory
25-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Danny thanks I forgot to verify, I didn't seem to be getting emails when people posted, sorry for all who PMd me before I wasn't ignoring you just didn't know you had LOL
andys
25-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Sorry Andy,
Have to disagree. I run 8.5 in 2wd outdoors with no boost or timing and it's plenty fast enough, even with average batteries.
For anyone coming back after a long break I would suggest a 10.5, or maybe 8.5 if 4wd.
Ah.. John.
This explains why I am normally comprehensively beaten by you then.
Oscar
25-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Ok, so I may have slightly edited the last post........
Seriously though, a second gained down the straight is easily lost if you have a vicious motor that wants to break traction out of all the other 10 corners on the track ;)
Jabber
25-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Well said John your totally right and everyone knows that Shilly is just power mad lol.
Ok, so I may have slightly edited the last post........
Seriously though, a second gained down the straight is a great help and you have a vicious motor that wants to break ass on the track to take home the silverware like Shilly did;)
Well said John:)
andys
26-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Ok, so I may have slightly edited the last post........
Seriously though, a second gained down the straight is easily lost if you have a vicious motor that wants to break traction out of all the other 10 corners on the track ;)
Cracked me up that did John :)
Now, just let me PM Jimmy so I can edit your posts.... :)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.