View Full Version : Advice please 1/12th pan car , newbie
Jonathon555
24-02-2013, 07:51 PM
I am looking to getting into racing 1/12th pancar but not sure how to tell the good from the bad. I already race gt12
I already have some electronics spare , hobbywing 1s , 10.5 motor , 6400 1s lipos, servo
But that's where I get stuck .
I don,t know 1 chassis from another .
Am I best buying new or used ? What is a good reliable chassis
Advice welcome and appreciated
RudolfXC
24-02-2013, 08:20 PM
The new Team Associated RC12R5.2 looks good now they have fitted damper tubes and is popular at national level,
I'm currently using the type one version older, the 12R5.1 LiPo:
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq147/25RudolfXC/DSC_0234.jpg
I have 2 of these I am selling and include ride height adjusters, tyres, etc.
Let me know if interested.
Jonathon555
24-02-2013, 08:41 PM
The new Team Associated RC12R5.2 looks good now they have fitted damper tubes and is popular at national level,
I'm currently using the type one version older, the 12R5.1 LiPo:
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq147/25RudolfXC/DSC_0234.jpg
I have 2 of these I am selling and include ride height adjusters, tyres, etc.
Let me know if interested.
Is the 5.1 a strong car ?
SlowOne
24-02-2013, 08:48 PM
I think the best car on the market right now if the new CRC with the 'Altered Ego' chassis. It is modern, up to date and has all the latest geometry on to suit European tracks. Contact Wim at AMC (www.actionmodelcentre.co.uk) for prices and availability and make sure you ask for the Altered Ego chassis.
In-line cars are fine and suit some people well, but they are not as fast as the 'cells-across' cars. In every A Final now you will find the top drivers are using 'cells-across' cars. The CRC is strong and well made, and will go well straight out of the box. HTH :)
Jonathon555
24-02-2013, 09:07 PM
I think the best car on the market right now if the new CRC with the 'Altered Ego' chassis. It is modern, up to date and has all the latest geometry on to suit European tracks. Contact Wim at AMC (www.actionmodelcentre.co.uk) for prices and availability and make sure you ask for the Altered Ego chassis.
In-line cars are fine and suit some people well, but they are not as fast as the 'cells-across' cars. In every A Final now you will find the top drivers are using 'cells-across' cars. The CRC is strong and well made, and will go well straight out of the box. HTH :)
Do they use imperial or metric screws ?
RudolfXC
24-02-2013, 09:21 PM
CRC (Calandra Racing Concepts) is from the USA so I think may be imperial or part imperial like the Associated 12R5.1/5.2 which is all metric except for the diff nut.
Why not go down to your local club and see what they are running?
Jonathon555
24-02-2013, 09:41 PM
CRC (Calandra Racing Concepts) is from the USA so I think may be imperial or part imperial like the Associated 12R5.1/5.2 which is all metric except for the diff nut.
Why not go down to your local club and see what they are running?
Did you get my pm ?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.