View Full Version : ANSMANN X4TE UPGRADES??
declan46
25-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Hi everyone! i need some upgrades for my x4te, hubs and what not ali ones if possible! does anyone no of any upgrades for these buggys?
Dandare
25-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Need or want, lol ?
Here's SMD's list of option Team C (Ansmann) parts for 2 & 4wd:
http://www.smddirect.co.uk/team-c-2/option-parts-61/1-10th-scale-64/index-all
Just finishing building an X4te, only planned upgrades as & when needed will be carbide diff balls & possibly the spur gear, i'm also using Kyosho wheels instead of the kit ones.
madmax
26-02-2013, 08:00 PM
The team c geard diffs are a good upgrade,
I'm running the Durango 410 rear hubs what are stronger than the kit ones
Carbide diff balls if you stick with ball diffs you could also use the team c upgraded ball diffs
Dandare
26-02-2013, 09:23 PM
The team c geard diffs are a good upgrade
They cost nearly what I paid for the complete kit :o
Dave Dodd
28-02-2013, 09:02 AM
Personnally you don't need a lot, I've the x4pro and I've only upgraded the front hinge pin holders and diff gears to kevlar. U may need the anti roll bar kit, kevlar spur gear and that's about it. Oh and some spare hinge pins
nicVEGAchildJR
28-02-2013, 03:02 PM
the only upgrades i used last year where metal caster bevel gears and thats pretty much it.
best thing you can to is cut a slit lenght ways in the rear top deck and remove side pods and replace with lexan side pods :)
Dandare
28-02-2013, 05:09 PM
best thing you can to is cut a slit lenght ways in the rear top deck and remove side pods and replace with lexan side pods :)
I've already cut the upper rear deck. Interesting regarding ditching the plastic side pods, the car comes with an undertray, i guess this alone would work for giving protection to the electrics etc (or is this what you mean by replacing them with lexan ie, the undertray ?)
nicVEGAchildJR
28-02-2013, 05:12 PM
I've already cut the upper rear deck. Interesting regarding ditching the plastic side pods, the car comes with an undertray, i guess this would work ok (or is this what you mean by replacing them with lexan ie, the undertray ?)
I took of the standard side pods and cut the sides off an undertray and screwed them to chassis I then used a brass lipo cradle to keep cells in place
Dandare
28-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about the saddles, lol.
I may have a look into not using the side pods, though I will drive it for a while beforehand.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.