PDA

View Full Version : The Holy Grail - The Kyosho Lazer ZX-S


Crashtest33
28-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Hi Peeps

The ZX-S (Evo). I need one to finish the Lazer collection.

Has anyone tried to get one? How far did you get?
Has anyone tried to buikld one? What parts could you not get?

Any info or help would be great as that car looks amazing! (way beyond it's years)
Why did Kyosho release only 200 of 'em?

Nick

p.s. the Lazer ZX-R on eBay is mine
(a few of you were interested but didn't get a reply to posts. pm me again)

Naushad
28-02-2013, 01:29 PM
From what I know it was a limited edition machine...I think released at a time where 4wd wasn't very popular as it is now.

I agree, a car well-ahead of it's time and a pleasure to look at.

Johnny_0 on this forum has one built up.

To find one...well I had to go beyond ebay and forum and speak to some serious (and I mean serious ) rc collectors from around the world.

Naushad
28-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Apart from most of the chassis available on fibrelyte's itinery and a few bits on eBay, I'd imagine building a genuine build will be extremely difficult.

Welshy40
28-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Mmm you forgot me. Ive had quite a few and up until recently run my proto. In need of a major rebuild tho, new diff out drives and ujs but I have redesigned the chassis and a few other CF items including Lipo trays ect. Only ten or so protos were made, 200 evos and 300 zxs. Ive had all cf parts copied by fibre lyte and shell and undertray copied by kamtec, links below.

Best belt design made, but car has been designed more for clay and was dialed on low grip surfaces, in fact preferred it compared to the TRF511 on slippery surfaces, however the ZXS is not exceptional on high grip.

Spares even I cant find them but the few that are available are stupid costs on ebay.

PM me if you want.