PDA

View Full Version : Lazer ZX-S Evo Build


Crashtest33
04-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Hi Chaps.

I've sourced all the parts needed and have decided to take the plunge.
All parts are ordered now except LA-103 and LAW-12 which I'm talking to 'mvh isobarik' about.
Here's a few pics I've taken of parts prep.
Note. Coffee. Very important!

Nick

Naushad
04-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Brave man! I look forward to seeing this one...

Let me know if you need help with part dimensions...

Welshy40
04-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Just dont run it as the plastics brittle and the kick up plate bends quite easily. Still you anywhere near the maritime track as im racing there on 7th april so can see one for yourself, but is heavilly modded. .

OK finally got my computer to let me use the web so check out my version.

http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/showthread.php?41763-Lazer-ZX-S

isobarik
04-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Welsh did crash get tha last LAW-20.1 ???

crash you could just have posted in the lazer thread

mvh Isobarik

Welshy40
04-03-2013, 01:18 PM
No, its the only one ive got left and will only part with it if I get £100 for it. Ive also got a brass rear tower mount going for £50 and a few rear and front belt £15 each and some front gearboxes £10 each.

Crashtest33
04-03-2013, 04:22 PM
James, any chance of dimensions of the kick up plate?

Then once mvh has got me 103, Law-12, the center gear and the belts, I'm good to go.

Cheers
Nick

Crashtest33
04-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Brave man! I look forward to seeing this one...

Let me know if you need help with part dimensions...

Just 20-1 (kick up plate) would be great. I can fabricate ally.
Cheers pal

Nick

Welshy40
04-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Pm me your email address as ive a jpeg of the dimensions

Welshy40
06-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Ok finally got it to work Nick, hope this is ok.

Crashtest33
06-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Ok finally got it to work Nick, hope this is ok.

That's great pal!

Do you know how many degrees the bend is?
Nick

Welshy40
06-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Unsure, maybe iso can help as im not near my car.

Naushad
06-03-2013, 05:58 PM
I can post a side profile pic to help...I will do this evening if you can wait.

Or MVH may get there before me.

isobarik
06-03-2013, 07:37 PM
I can post a side profile pic to help...I will do this evening if you can wait.

Or MVH may get there before me.


its

ISOBARIK

mvh stands for med vänliga hälsningar in swedish basicly the same as

best regards ....

mvh isobarik

best regards

Isobarik

isobarik
06-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Unsure, maybe iso can help as im not near my car.


nope dont have a clue ....

and

crashtest33 you do realice that with all the stuff

we are looking at a total of 160 plus shipment

Crashtest33
06-03-2013, 08:22 PM
nope dont have a clue ....

and

crashtest33 you do realice that with all the stuff

we are looking at a total of 160 plus shipment

Euro or £ ?
Could you give the price of each item.
Spending that sort of money is no problem but I will need a proper invoice

Can you PM or email me an invoice.

Cheers pal

Crashtest33
06-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Hi chaps.
Just wanted to confirm the contents for LAW-12
According to my manual you get;

96, 97, 137, 138, 139, 142, 145

139 - Hyper disk plate (la-118)
138 - Slipper pad (um 123)
137 - Inner disk plate
96 - Main shaft (law-12-1z)
97 - One way drive gear
145 - Ball bearing
142 - Spring (um 124)

Can anyone confirm this as 'comunication' with "my guy" is very hazy.

Cheers.

Naushad
06-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Right..sorry for delay.

I've taken pics so you get an appreciation of the plate's kick up.

I can't give you the angle, but you maybe able to work it out from the pic!

Chucked out the protractor after doing my GCSEs :lol:

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff378/naushadaj/B8FFEE52-0030-466E-B3A9-AC00E39A1E7A-2453-000002097F103165_zps2377c63e.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff378/naushadaj/F1F5BB7A-0DDF-4AFC-8286-56A6ABFA2190-2453-0000020979278A35_zps04fa80fd.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff378/naushadaj/37540A34-E02F-4CAF-9394-2C72D23B2440-2453-0000020972D7B252_zpsf9492efe.jpg

Naushad
06-03-2013, 11:18 PM
I had an idea what mvh stood for!

Just having a fun!!

bw Naushad :lol:



its

ISOBARIK

mvh stands for med vänliga hälsningar in swedish basicly the same as

best regards ....

mvh isobarik

best regards

Isobarik

isobarik
07-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Hi chaps.
Just wanted to confirm the contents for LAW-12
According to my manual you get;

96, 97, 137, 138, 139, 142, 145

139 - Hyper disk plate (la-118)
138 - Slipper pad (um 123)
137 - Inner disk plate
96 - Main shaft (law-12-1z)
97 - One way drive gear
145 - Ball bearing
142 - Spring (um 124)

Can anyone confirm this as 'comunication' with "my guy" is very hazy.

Cheers.

nope it doesent have the LA-118 since when the hyperclutch came it was made for the zxr ....there for it has an plate that fits the la-2 and tm-7

mvh Isobarik

Crashtest33
07-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Great info, cheers.

Could you do pm me a price breakdown of the parts I need.

p.s. Where on earth are you getting them from?!

Nick

Crashtest33
07-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Mock up done.
Not bad, as soon as my chassis arrives I'll check it fits then make a super tidy one.
Nick

Welshy40
07-03-2013, 05:35 PM
nope it doesent have the LA-118 since when the hyperclutch came it was made for the zxr ....there for it has an plate that fits the la-2 and tm-7

mvh Isobarik

I think youll find the hyper clutch was developed in the s before it hit the mk2 buggy. The hyper clutch was in the 93/4 models and were passed onto the teams for their zxrs.

isobarik
07-03-2013, 06:14 PM
I think youll find the hyper clutch was developed in the s before it hit the mk2 buggy. The hyper clutch was in the 93/4 models and were passed onto the teams for their zxrs.

njaaa..... part number says otherwise

mvh isobarik

isobarik
07-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Great info, cheers.

Could you do pm me a price breakdown of the parts I need.

p.s. Where on earth are you getting them from?!

Nick

Like the "rest her soul Brittany Murphy" sad in Don´t say a word

I´ll never tell..........

mvh isobarik

Crashtest33
07-03-2013, 06:25 PM
That's fine but,

SEND ME AN INVOICE!!!

;-)

Crashtest33
08-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Hi peeps.

Is anyone going to bother making the gear and diff covers?
Shall I contact Kamtec?
Nick

suparajicon
10-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Right..sorry for delay.

I've taken pics so you get an appreciation of the plate's kick up.

I can't give you the angle, but you maybe able to work it out from the pic!

Chucked out the protractor after doing my GCSEs :lol:

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff378/naushadaj/B8FFEE52-0030-466E-B3A9-AC00E39A1E7A-2453-000002097F103165_zps2377c63e.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff378/naushadaj/F1F5BB7A-0DDF-4AFC-8286-56A6ABFA2190-2453-0000020979278A35_zps04fa80fd.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff378/naushadaj/37540A34-E02F-4CAF-9394-2C72D23B2440-2453-0000020972D7B252_zpsf9492efe.jpg
You have a ZXS Naushad? Cool car..!

Crashtest33
12-03-2013, 07:07 AM
Hi peeps!

On a roll now! Managed to make LAW-20-1 and I've got a friend in the US who has ordered LA-116 & 118 from Kyosho US (in stock) to forward to me USPS.

Rather excited now.
Just need LA103 & Law12 from Isobarik when he gets round to it and we're laughing.

Once this ZX-S is made entirely from NIP parts can I call myself a true ZX-S owner?? ;-)

Welshy40
12-03-2013, 08:30 AM
njaaa..... part number says otherwise

mvh isobarik

I do recall Jamie Booth running it in his nats winning car and I may have got the years muddled up, as he may have won in 92, a year before the s.

lllyf
12-03-2013, 12:28 PM
I have some used LA-103 parts,used front bumper and like mint upper arm,good condition gear cover cap

Crashtest33
18-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Hi peeps.

Stuff's started being delivered now. My main suppliers are Chris Powell (aka Fireboy) in Long Beach, Myles (aka. Vintage-Kyosho) and Hobby Japan on eBay.
Waiting on parts from Fiberlyte and a few bits from you lot and it's Rock & Roll!!

HKS_TRD
18-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Wow that reminds me of my Mid SP Build! I'll be posting a similar picture this weekend for my Next Project (SWB Mid)
I couldn't make out which shocks they were in the pic, I'm going to have gold velvet shocks on my ZX-S

Crashtest33
19-03-2013, 03:10 AM
Everything is exactly to the manual for the ZX-S Evo, so they're the W5181/83 set with blue caps.
A kitchen table covered in Kyosho NIB parts is up there beauty-wise in E-Type Jag territory if you ask me!

Can't wait to see your SWB build parts pal!

lllyf
19-03-2013, 05:31 AM
congratulate the new lazer zx-s owner!

Crashtest33
19-03-2013, 07:57 AM
congratulate the new lazer zx-s owner!

Not quite yet, but there's hoping!

lllyf
19-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Not quite yet, but there's hoping!

I collecting zx-s series for years but now became pricey and more hard to find.

isobarik
19-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Hi peeps.

Stuff's started being delivered now. My main suppliers are Chris Powell (aka Fireboy) in Long Beach, Myles (aka. Vintage-Kyosho) and Hobby Japan on eBay.
Waiting on parts from Fiberlyte and a few bits from you lot and it's Rock & Roll!!

By the looks on the pic you seams to be missing the LAW-12 slipper what if someone super human, lazer guru , awsome person could fix that for you ....:woot:

mvh Isobarik

Welshy40
19-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Iso,

I believe Crashtest33 is also waiting on you for a few items as well and know that he is biting his nails in anticipation as he like you and I has an addiction to the design concept and looks of this beast. He should be getting a couple of items shortly from me and hope your going to add the icing to the cake.:drool:

Crashtest33
19-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Belts received!!
So to are my carbon chassis parts!
Gonna check my home CNC'd LAW-20-1 fits tonight.
And I've decided you lot are just mean ;-)

lllyf
20-03-2013, 05:15 AM
I saw you will using OT-16 alum knuckle arm, kyosho already replaced plastics one since zxr, but I still love the alum one.:lol:

Welshy40
20-03-2013, 06:41 AM
I also still use the alloy ones as find the king pin can be thread locked in and unlike the plastic ones they dont vibrate out

Crashtest33
26-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Took delivery of some more obscure ZX-S-only parts from "my guy" in the States.
:-D

isobarik
26-03-2013, 03:35 PM
The law-12 actually comes with the slipper pad.

mvh Isobarik

Crashtest33
26-03-2013, 03:57 PM
The law-12 actually comes with the slipper pad.

mvh Isobarik

I thought it did but for $5 better to be sure.

Crashtest33
27-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Try getting hold of one of these people'
LAW-12 to go and the build begins!!
:drool:

isobarik
27-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Try getting hold of one of these people'
LAW-12 to go and the build begins!!
:drool:

yeah that was some awsome person that got that part for ya ....

I bet heis good looking to ....:D

mvh Isobarik

lllyf
28-03-2013, 06:17 AM
nice LA-103,that really hard to get this,I have one set for my zx-s

Welshy40
28-03-2013, 12:05 PM
nice LA-103,that really hard to get this,I have one set for my zx-s

Easy to get, but prefer my versions as they are white :thumbsup:

Crashtest33
03-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Hi peeps.
I'm gonna use my brand new Trinity Kinwald epoxy Motor.
(I think it's dated '94 but you lot may be able to correct me on that).

Does anyone have a really good condition ESC of that era, I couldn't even give any model numbers for those years.
LRP, Novak, Tekin etc.

Cheers

Welshy40
03-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Tekin 410k was best in this car, mind you novak cyclone was good too. If you get tekin use three schotkey diodes on the other side post of the motor compared to where the esc is attaching to. It makes maintenance easier and looks great. Picked up that idea from Masami.

Crashtest33
03-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Purchaced.
Mint w/box, manual.
:)

Cheers

Crashtest33
03-04-2013, 10:40 PM
If you get tekin use three schotkey diodes on the other side post of the motor compared to where the esc is attaching to. It makes maintenance easier and looks great. Picked up that idea from Masami.

What Amp/Volt ones do I want?

Cheers James

Welshy40
04-04-2013, 10:15 AM
What Amp/Volt ones do I want?

Cheers James

Theres only one version of tekin 410k and is a keypad, the cyclone i believe only comes in one form as well and i set mine at 100amps continuous.

Crashtest33
04-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Theres only one version of tekin 410k and is a keypad, the cyclone i believe only comes in one form as well and i set mine at 100amps continuous.

:lol:
I meant the diodes! Lol

Welshy40
05-04-2013, 05:56 AM
Duh! Ive no idea, but if you look on demon racing or products (its one of them) i believe they still list them.

Crashtest33
07-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Hi peeps!

Here's my ZX-S Evo shell painted up to the press release art design.
I'm sorry to everyone who thinks box art is a cop-out :thumbdown: , but rest assured all my new cars are painted how I like :D

Can't wait to get them both finished now so I can photograph my collection for the wonderful 'bragging rights' thread!

optiman
07-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Can't wait to get them both finished now so I can photograph my collection for the wonderful 'bragging rights' thread!

LOL!!!!

NIce, keep the good work!!

kek23k
07-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Hi peeps!

Here's my ZX-S Evo shell painted up to the press release art design.


Looks good! Looking forward to seeing it on the car :D

isobarik
07-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Hi peeps!

Here's my ZX-S Evo shell painted up to the press release art design.
I'm sorry to everyone who thinks box art is a cop-out :thumbdown: , but rest assured all my new cars are painted how I like :D

Can't wait to get them both finished now so I can photograph my collection for the wonderful 'bragging rights' thread!

Looking good crash

the clutch is comming my way.

mvh isobarik

Naushad
07-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Surely you can make a start now!

I am really looking forward to this one coming along!

Naushad
07-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Oh great stock repro by the way. I think it's best to keep it that way!

Hi peeps!

Here's my ZX-S Evo shell painted up to the press release art design.
I'm sorry to everyone who thinks box art is a cop-out :thumbdown: , but rest assured all my new cars are painted how I like :D

Can't wait to get them both finished now so I can photograph my collection for the wonderful 'bragging rights' thread!

Crashtest33
07-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Surely you can make a start now!

I am really looking forward to this one coming along!

Sadly waiting on LAW-12 and some Kyosho screws from France :-(
Good things come to those who drink Guiness!

Naushad
07-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Go easy on the Guiness, otherwise your zx-s may not end looking like a zx-s :p

Sadly waiting on LAW-12 and some Kyosho screws from France :-(
Good things come to those who drink Guiness!

Crashtest33
07-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Go easy on the Guiness, otherwise your zx-s may not end looking like a zx-s :p

:o I thought I was building a RC10!!
Don't drink and eBay people! ;)

(and I don't actually like Guiness. But building with a glass of Absinth can't harm, surely?!)

Naushad
07-04-2013, 06:37 PM
That green stuff can do harm!

:o I thought I was building a RC10!!
Don't drink and eBay people! ;)

(and I don't actually like Guiness. But building with a glass of Absinth can't harm, surely?!)

Crashtest33
07-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Didn't anyone tell you?! The MORE of it you drink the LESS harm it does.
Can't believe you don't know that trick! Try it, I promise. :D

Welshy40
08-04-2013, 05:46 AM
Well the 90's for me was a blur, we arrived, drank loads, womanised and raced. Great times :-)

Crashtest33
18-04-2013, 05:21 PM
I will actually post my ZX-S build here when it starts (just waiting on LAW-12), in the meantime I've finished my ZX-5 (2005 original).

Crashtest33
18-04-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm in need of a good servo from '96-2000.
Used is fine but standard size used for the ZX-S
Cheers peeps

(Futaba, hitek or Savox ideally)

Crashtest33
10-05-2013, 08:47 PM
:thumbsup:

Ok people, here goes.
Shocks
Bodyshell
Wheels

Diffs & chassis next
Nick

Crashtest33
10-05-2013, 08:51 PM
More

Crashtest33
10-05-2013, 08:53 PM
More.

Crashtest33
10-05-2013, 08:55 PM
More..

HKS_TRD
11-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Looks great

How important are the foam inserts? I don't have them in any of the 2.2 wheels for my shelfers

Crashtest33
11-05-2013, 06:40 AM
Not very pal. Anyone racing even in the 80's used foams tho. Probably would have been grey.
I like the feel. :p

Welshy40
11-05-2013, 09:23 AM
I preferred proline white, they were and still are in my opinion the best. The ansman blue inserts are identical. I didnt use them with schumacher green full spikes and a lot did and explains why they got beaten as in wet conditions due to having more grip without.

By the way your shell looks superb matey. Well done.

Crashtest33
11-05-2013, 11:16 PM
I preferred proline white, they were and still are in my opinion the best. The ansman blue inserts are identical. I didnt use them with schumacher green full spikes and a lot did and explains why they got beaten as in wet conditions due to having more grip without.

By the way your shell looks superb matey. Well done.

Thanks dude. That means a lot.
I can't wait to finish her so I can take a piccie for the photo thread.

(Which still should be sticky imo)
Moderator!! We need a moderator!;)

Crashtest33
12-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Hi peeps
Finished building the Diffs today. I'm using the slightly more modern 39506 WBD-5 diffs using a spring and nut as opposed to the spring washers.
Lovely to build and nice and smooth thanks to pressed steel washers either side of the diff balls.

Nick

Welshy40
12-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Best diffs available so good one. When ive got the cash im going to have my proto diff halves machined so i can use in my zxr.

Crashtest33
13-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Chassis1

Crashtest33
13-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Chassis2

Crashtest33
13-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Chassis3

Crashtest33
13-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Front Gearbox1

Crashtest33
13-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Front Gearbox2

Crashtest33
13-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Front Sus Mount1

Crashtest33
13-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Front Sus Mount2

Crashtest33
13-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Tie Rods1

Crashtest33
13-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Tie Rods2

Crashtest33
13-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Tie Rods3

Crashtest33
13-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Front Hubs1

Crashtest33
13-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Front Hubs2

Crashtest33
13-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Wishbone1

Crashtest33
13-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Wishbone2

HKS_TRD
13-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Looks superb

You made the kickup yourself on the CNC correct?
Who did your anodising?

Crashtest33
14-05-2013, 06:32 AM
Looks superb

You made the kickup yourself on the CNC correct?
Who did your anodising?

Yeah, not anodised, painted ;)

Crashtest33
14-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Wishbones3

Crashtest33
15-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Bulkhead1

Crashtest33
15-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Bulkhead2

Crashtest33
15-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Bulkhead3

Crashtest33
15-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Wingstay1

Crashtest33
15-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Wingstay2

Crashtest33
23-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Can I build the rear gearbox assembly without the main shaft assembly in it, or would I have to dismantle everything again once I have LAW-12?

Crashtest33
24-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Posts1

Crashtest33
24-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Posts2

Crashtest33
24-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Posts3

Crashtest33
24-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Steering1

Crashtest33
24-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Steering2

Crashtest33
24-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Steering3

Crashtest33
24-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Steering4

Crashtest33
24-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Steering5

Crashtest33
24-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Deck1

Crashtest33
24-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Deck2

HKS_TRD
25-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Very nice build going on here

Welshy40
25-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Can I build the rear gearbox assembly without the main shaft assembly in it, or would I have to dismantle everything again once I have LAW-12?

Build it all together, its a pain doing it any other way.