View Full Version : North East 1/10th Regionals- RD1 15th/16th June 2013 Dynamix
Gemma
04-03-2013, 10:03 PM
North East 1/10th Off Road Regional RD1 2wd & RD1 4WD- Dynamix Raceway
Saturday 15th June 2wd Rd 1
SUNDAY 16th June 4wd Rd 1
Address is
Dynamix Skate Park
Junction of Albany Rd and A184 (Felling by-pass)
Gateshead
Tyne And Wear
NE8 3AT
If someone from the club provide further details, it would be appreciated!
Thanks Gemma :p
patient0
05-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Hi Gemma,
sorry to bother you but i dont know who to contact, my F rating from last year was an F3, but it still shows as and F5 when i book in online..
could you please point me in the right direction on who to talk to so i can get this sorted out ??
thanks
robert childe
brca = 21623
WHITTLER555
05-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Try emailing Brian Hopps on the booking in site?
Gemma
06-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Hi Gemma,
sorry to bother you but i dont know who to contact, my F rating from last year was an F3, but it still shows as and F5 when i book in online..
could you please point me in the right direction on who to talk to so i can get this sorted out ??
thanks
robert childe
brca = 21623
All sorted! :) You should have a PM Robert
Danny Harrison
25-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Just wondered if track will be changed slightly for the sunday? Even up the advantage the 2wd get on the saturday a bit :thumbsup:
K-Brewer
25-05-2013, 05:23 PM
i'll get on to Paul mate an ask an get back to u
K-Brewer
25-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Just wondered if track will be changed slightly for the sunday? Even up the advantage the 2wd get on the saturday a bit :thumbsup:
just had word back mate an there will be a different track on different days
Danny Harrison
25-05-2013, 08:21 PM
just had word back mate an there will be a different track on different days
Ace, cheers mate. Thought I'd be playing catch up while a lot had the track down to a t :)
chrispattinson
03-06-2013, 02:48 PM
I had a look in on Sunday, track is looking good.
As Gemma has pointed out:
Address is
Dynamix Skate Park
Junction of Albany Rd and A184 (Felling by-pass)
Gateshead
Tyne And Wear
NE8 3AT
There is a service station and Mcdonalds very close by (5 minute walk).
Track is long and short pile astro turf.
Stright and sweeper driver very well this year, very flat. Infield has some interesting bumps and table tops.
Worn front tyres recommended due to the high bite astro, so no need to splash out on new rubber there.
Newcastle City centre is very close, marked by that monstrous blot on the landscape "St Jame's Park" visable when on the rostrum.
Hope the attendance is good, looking forward to some great RC action for all abilities through out the field.
There'll be lots of help available to beginners from more experienced racers, and no doubt, some bargains to be had from people trading their gear!
Mike West
04-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Can anyone wishing to stay over please let us know as soon as possible so we can arrange with the site owners.
Also if anyone who has kids and wants to keep them entertained bring along their scooters or skates and use the indoor skate park
dmsykes
05-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Hi Mike,
As far as I am aware we will be coming upto the regional and intend to bring the caravan and stopping over Friday & Saturday.
Will caravan parking be a little better than last year as we seemed to be a long way away from the event and Anne never left the caravan.
K-Brewer
05-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Hi Mike,
As far as I am aware we will be coming upto the regional and intend to bring the caravan and stopping over Friday & Saturday.
Will caravan parking be a little better than last year as we seemed to be a long way away from the event and Anne never left the caravan.
Not sure where you were parked last time but there will be on site camping a few hundred metres away from the track as we need the space around the track for pitting
Mike West
05-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Caravan parking will be at the site of the track this year.
dmsykes
05-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Hi Mike,
Thank you Mike, I assume you meant at the SIDE of the track, if so thats really good. Anne will be pleased she was not able to do the slope last year.
The earlier reply from K Brewer I thought we could have been in Gateshead centre (a few hundered metres away).
K-Brewer
05-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Hi Mike,
Thank you Mike, I assume you meant at the SIDE of the track, if so thats really good. Anne will be pleased she was not able to do the slope last year.
The earlier reply from K Brewer I thought we could have been in Gateshead centre (a few hundered metres away).
i ment feet lol dam the army doing everything in metres :thumbsup:
jameswilkinson7
10-06-2013, 01:48 PM
What time do we need to be there for?
K-Brewer
10-06-2013, 01:54 PM
What time do we need to be there for?
I'm gonna meet with Paul 2nite an go over details so will post timings an such later, also boy an girls if you can post an let us know how many people are camping overnight so we can arrange enough toilets
Steven Forster
10-06-2013, 02:39 PM
North East 1/10th Off Road Regional RD1 2wd & RD1 4WD- Dynamix Raceway
Saturday 15th June 2wd Rd 1
SUNDAY 16th June 4wd Rd 1
Address is
Dynamix Skate Park
Junction of Albany Rd and A184 (Felling by-pass)
Gateshead
Tyne And Wear
NE8 3AT
If someone from the club provide further details, it would be appreciated!
Thanks Gemma :p
Hi Gemma, will i be able to run my 2wd in the 4wd class, as i cant make it on the saturday ?
cheers
Andyp
10-06-2013, 03:49 PM
What time do we need to be there for?
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123259
Have a look here James
Hth
corkyjohnson75
10-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Hi Gemma, will i be able to run my 2wd in the 4wd class, as i cant make it on the saturday ?
cheers
No, you will get in the way .
Having problems booking the bearn in for 2wd cant remember his log in details on the BRCA site
i have emailed Brian Hopps last night but he has not replied yet what is the next step if he does not reply
thanks
Davo
Gemma
10-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Davo.
Pm your details or email
[email protected]
Name:
Brca:
Pt:
Classes:
Gemma
10-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Hi Gemma, will i be able to run my 2wd in the 4wd class, as i cant make it on the saturday ?
cheers
Yes as long as its 4wd weight :thumbsup:
Davo.
Pm your details or email
[email protected]
Name:
Brca:
Pt:
Classes:
Hi Gemma thanks I have pm you his details
Thanks in advanced
David
chris68nufc
13-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Quick question for David Pack.....will tyres from Stotfold work at Dynamix?
Also, will my springs be ok that I used in the wet at Kiddy?
Mike West
13-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Chris,
For you I would recommend some Schumacher full spikes for the rear and some 2 Row studs for the front. It's would give the best balance
As for springs any that fit wil be fine.
On a serious note, if the weather is good the track has high levels of grip so no need to buy new tires and the usual ballistics if we have the weather from last year!!!!
chrispattinson
13-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Latest weather doesn't look too bad.
Dry Saturday until 13:00, then light showers. 15 degrees.
Dry Sunday 18 degrees
Looking forward to the Dynamix Weekender now !!! :thumbsup:
What time is booking in on Saturday thanks
Davey
chrispattinson
14-06-2013, 05:58 AM
TIMETABLE:- Every effort to be made to commence booking-in at 7.30am, Practise (5 minute slots if possible) commencing at 8.00am to 09.30am. Last call for drivers re booking-in at 9.15am, Drivers briefing 9.45am and Heat One (1) on the line by 10.00am.
Stringerhot
14-06-2013, 06:49 AM
TIMETABLE:- Every effort to be made to commence booking-in at 7.30am, Practise (5 minute slots if possible) commencing at 8.00am to 09.30am. Last call for drivers re booking-in at 9.15am, Drivers briefing 9.45am and Heat One (1) on the line by 10.00am.
Just wondering what time do regionals normally finish?
jameswilkinson7
14-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Is there a tyre rule in place in the North East? I'm moving over from the North West where there wasn't.
Is Dynamix a grippy track? What Tyre would you guys recommend?
chrispattinson
14-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Just wondering what time do regionals normally finish?
1 round is to take a minimum of 1 hour.
If you work on that premise, then:
Rd1 @ 10am
Rd2 @ 11AM
Rd3 @ 12
Rd4 @ 1PM
Finals @ 2:30PM ish
Finished for 4 ?
this is just my rough timeline, and is dependant on number of entries.
chrispattinson
14-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Is there a tyre rule in place in the North East? I'm moving over from the North West where there wasn't.
Is Dynamix a grippy track? What Tyre would you guys recommend?
Hi James.
There is no tyre rule in the North East.
Dynamix is a grippy track.
If it's dry, I will be using new Schumacher Yellow Minispike rears (one row off the outside) and very worn front tyres.
If it is wet / damp, Ballistic Buggy Green spikes.
nobby
14-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Is there a tyre rule in place in the North East? I'm moving over from the North West where there wasn't.
Is Dynamix a grippy track? What Tyre would you guys recommend?
hi james there isn't a tyre rule in the northeast.
yeah dynamix is mega grippy, so i would start with very worn yellow minis, or bb greens.
neallewis
14-06-2013, 10:27 AM
How about 4wd tyres? I've heard old Schumacher 2 row studs are good for the front. Pair yellows mini spikes for the rear?
Mike Parker
14-06-2013, 10:35 AM
I'll be digging out a selection of worn tyres, I remember from last year that it was ultra grippy :)
Just to finish off me & Claire will be up this weekend with the shop, if any of you guys need anything securing before tomorrow feel free to give us a shout :)
Mike Parker
14-06-2013, 10:38 AM
How about 4wd tyres? I've heard old Schumacher 2 row studs are good for the front. Pair yellows mini spikes for the rear?
I know some folk use 2wd yellow minis in place of 4wd fronts Neal, takes away some of the initial bite and general aggressiveness :)
neallewis
14-06-2013, 10:53 AM
I know some folk use 2wd yellow minis in place of 4wd fronts Neal, takes away some of the initial bite and general aggressiveness :)
Thanks, I believe they are smaller in diameter on 4wd wheels, so you get a bit of overdrive from the rear, which also helps. I've got a new set mounted up, along with a selection of new and worn yellows, and a NIP set of green schumacher 2 row studs :-)
Need to get there early to get some practice in to figure out what works...
AfroP
15-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Great first round today, a well run and smoothly flowing event
weather could have been kinder but overall not too bad at all.
well done guys
chrispattinson
15-06-2013, 04:13 PM
.... Yes , really good meeting, track was excellent. Well done to Peter Craig aswell for the win. Top stuff !
chris68nufc
15-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Track was excellent? In what way?
Watch you don't get any spelks in your butt Chris when you leave the fence!!! Meeting was run great I think. Well done to the organisers. Pity it's our 1st regional meeting this late in the year when we are nearly half way through the outdoor season.
Weather was ok aswell, maybe a bit windy but nobody got drenched!
Good numbers aswell!
chrispattinson
15-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Fence?
I thought the track was consistent and I liked it as the cougar was absolutely dialled on it, and rewarded you with good lap times if you kept concentration, but if you let your concentration slip, it cost you.
nobby
15-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Good start to our 2wd regional series today.
I really enjoyed the track today, I thought it drove really well.
I suppose we could pick faults with most tracks if we sat down, and thought about them.
Here's an idea, and I know it's a radical idea, but here goes.
If you have any constructive comments about the Track why not speak to Paul at the track:woot:
Let's hope tomorrow is just as good as today.
chris68nufc
15-06-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm interested to know what was excellent with the track? Didn't say anything negative Nobby? Why would I have to speak to Paul? I haven't got anything to say??
Confused?
chrispattinson
15-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Excellent : just thought it drove really well and rewarded concentration. Not to easy, but consistent at the same time. . . . Really looking forward to 4wd tomorrow. :)
Danny Harrison
15-06-2013, 07:00 PM
I hope tomorrows layout is as good, glad to hear 2wd went well :)
N7ELA
15-06-2013, 07:03 PM
The biggest problem with the track is those huge pipes used as track markings. Slightest kiss of them and you need marshalling at least. Or you've popped a ball joint or snapped a wishbone, shock shaft or done a servo. After racing all over the country on some good and bad tracks I can honestly say I've never seen track markings as extreme. Further more the astro has been laid in a multitude of directions causing the car to crab in different directions every 4 feet! Feels weird.
Well done to Paul Carr and Mike West for running a glitch free meeting, my only gripe was the hesitancy between a strict 2 timed practices suddenly turned into a free for all and the promised hour between heat 1's ended up in a quick turn around with 1 30 min break after round 2.
dpackster1980
15-06-2013, 07:53 PM
I enjoyed it, shame about my stupidity in decided to used the correct tyres in round 4 instead of from the start it, cost me dear. I could've had a chance of getting into the A final. Lesson learned for tomorrow!!!! :mad:
Video from today Chris Clark round 3
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G5QI0VN_1O0
Chris Pattinson round 3
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MTVr2YgRzVI
Danny Harrison
15-06-2013, 09:11 PM
I enjoyed it, shame about my stupidity in decided to used the correct tyres in round 4 instead of from the start it, cost me dear. I could've had a chance of getting into the A final. Lesson learned for tomorrow!!!! :mad:
and what tyres might they be ;)
Heat 1 round 4 Tyler crashing a lot lol
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G7J2-jegYMs
Heat 2 round 4
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DiM3CZq5YeA
F final 2wd
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Bp31DHYtQ
2wd drive A final
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HaLzVH9odeA
K-Brewer
16-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Was a great day yesterday guys an I thought an don't know why people think the track isn't that good, stay inside the markings an u'll b fine, if ur hitting them then adjust ur driving skills an all will b fine
paulj
16-06-2013, 11:33 AM
I want to say a 'Thank You' to the team at Dynamix and Mike West for running race control for a great day out yesterday, even the weather cooperated in the main :)
Josh enjoyed himself, which is the main point of it for me, even if he didn't get the result he would have liked in the final but he's got plenty of time to improve in his first years racing, and his first event of any kind apart from club racing :thumbsup:
I though the track was fine and the best I've seen it yet. The track markings are tricky but keep away from them - need to send a note to self on this one :blush:
Oh and I'd like to send a big 'thanks' to Jason, I just hope your brakes are working next time you big bully :p
cmgreen
16-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Jst heard chris patterson dominated 4wd 2day and took the win! Nice one mate! Also jeard that it was far too easy for him ......... Lol
AfroP
16-06-2013, 03:54 PM
another fantastically well run event today.
weather was good and so was the racing.
Congrats to Chris P for taking the A final win
he really did make it look easy. not taking anything away from the other drivers in the final everyone was on form, Paul Hindson and Jeff Steele has a good battle betweeen them with Andy p in the mix there as well
Chris P was flying with his K1 though and it really did look like it took absolutely no effort at all
Shifta
16-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Thanks to all at Dynamix for running a great weekend of racing!
I'm happy with second in the end after so many crashes in qualifying!!
Really enjoyed a good clean race with Paul Hindson in the final, just couldn't catch Chris.. Roll on South Shields :thumbsup:
nobby
16-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Thanks to everyone for racing this weekend.
Big congrats to Chris pattinson on his win today.
It was very well deserved fella:thumbsup:
See you all at gypsies green stadium in two weeks for another great weekend.
Oh forgot to say Welldone mr west, but try working on your car next time:p
neallewis
16-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Good meeting today, thanks guys at dynamix.
Really enjoyed this weekend - my first time at Dynamix and I really enjoyed the track.
The plastic pipes may be a bit unforgiving, but then surely that's incentive not to hit them?! Telford used to use very similar pipes for their National, F2 finals and Juniors tracks, so they're definitely not unique.
Glad there was a pretty good turnout, and I'll be looking forward to racing there again.
Big thanks to Paul, Mike and everyone else!
jk007
16-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Just like to say a big thanks to Paul ,mike and the Dynamix team for 2 great days of racing.
Great track and good weather what more could you ask for.
Cheers
Ps please check out my website for some good deals
www.mossrcmodels.co.uk
Or call me on 07903389921
Cheers jason knight
N7ELA
16-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Anybody got the top 10 from both days...?
N7ELA
16-06-2013, 10:31 PM
Really enjoyed this weekend - my first time at Dynamix and I really enjoyed the track.
The plastic pipes may be a bit unforgiving, but then surely that's incentive not to hit them?! Telford used to use very similar pipes for their National, F2 finals and Juniors tracks, so they're definitely not unique.
Glad there was a pretty good turnout, and I'll be looking forward to racing there again.
Big thanks to Paul, Mike and everyone else!
Why don't Telford use them now?
chrispattinson
17-06-2013, 05:43 AM
Thanks to Paul, Mike and the team, for a great venue, and well ran meeting. Also thanks to everyone I was racing against, seemed like a really clean and well spirited meeting, over the moon with my first won :) . Really looking forward to South Shields.
Thanks to Kash ... here is the A final 4wd video:
http://youtu.be/3NgrEGo1_rE
.... the video shows how consistent and flowing this track now is, great job team Dynamix! :thumbsup:
Full race report, more videos and photographs to follow.
Thanks to Jason and Mike for supporting with the model shops. Let's make sure we use them.
Why don't Telford use them now?
They do...
I think they use some slightly smaller similar ones too, but they apparently haven't been in any panic to get rid of them in the 7 years since I raced there?
N7ELA
17-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Thanks to Paul, Mike and the team, for a great venue, and well ran meeting. Also thanks to everyone I was racing against, seemed like a really clean and well spirited meeting, over the moon with my first won :) .
You not watched the 2wd A final then...?
Watch from 3 mins in and there's a pretty dirty blue car keeps hitting the back of someone...!
:p
Mike West
17-06-2013, 11:28 AM
We're glad that the high majority enjoyed the weekend. Weather was good this time, not like last year.
As regards to the track, please be aware this club is only 2 years old and has a small driver/funds base. A lot of work has gone on for both this years and last years regionals with a small number of people willing to help with time.
The more people that support the track the better it can be, but this all takes time.
We welcome all constructive comments which can benefit others.
See you all at the next one.
Mike
chrispattinson
17-06-2013, 12:27 PM
You not watched the 2wd A final then...?
Watch from 3 mins in and there's a pretty dirty blue car keeps hitting the back of someone...!
:p
I think it's at 2:50 where Andy ended up on his roof.
I didn't actually think it was too bad, but I did wait for Andy to recover, and apologised to him afterwards. On re watching, Im still convinced there was a gap there to go for, and as I was going through, the door was closed.... racing incident?
But again apologies to Andy if there wasn't a gap there.
Danny Harrison
17-06-2013, 01:18 PM
I enjoyed it too. I agree that the track markers are a bit harsh though. I know not to hit them, but I was scared of getting anywhere near them :)
Wonder if a tyre rule might even playing field a bit? The fastest combo was very unorthodox, bet the home drivers liked it though ;)
Sterling effort and a big improvement on last year.
PaulFarrand
17-06-2013, 02:17 PM
I enjoyed it too. I agree that the track markers are a bit harsh though. I know not to hit them, but I was scared of getting anywhere near them :)
Wonder if a tyre rule might even playing field a bit? The fastest combo was very unorthodox, bet the home drivers liked it though ;)
Sterling effort and a big improvement on last year.
Now, now, Danny, no need for a tyre rule. All the tyres are freely available to everyone to buy. Just might be that your choice was wrong:p
Plus, people drive differently and so different tyres will suit different drivers and setups..........
Never seen the point in a control tyre if they are freely available.....
nivek
17-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Paul how did you do in 4wd ...........
Well done for saturday ...........on reaching the * A * :)
Danny Harrison
17-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Now, now, Danny, no need for a tyre rule. All the tyres are freely available to everyone to buy. Just might be that your choice was wrong:p
Plus, people drive differently and so different tyres will suit different drivers and setups..........
Never seen the point in a control tyre if they are freely available.....
Damn which shop had the 2 row 4wd front studs in trackside? I'd never even seen them before this weekend :p
K-Brewer
17-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Damn which shop had the 2 row 4wd front studs in trackside? I'd never even seen them before this weekend :p
as far as i know they're pretty old school mate but they do work great as theres a lot lets bite on the front end, i think it was chris clarke that tried it 1st an we all copied him lol
K-Brewer
17-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Damn which shop had the 2 row 4wd front studs in trackside? I'd never even seen them before this weekend :p
as far as i know they're pretty old school mate but they do work great as theres a lot less bite on the front end, i think it was chris clarke that tried it 1st an we all copied him lol
paulj
17-06-2013, 04:05 PM
I enjoyed it too. I agree that the track markers are a bit harsh though. I know not to hit them, but I was scared of getting anywhere near them :)
Wonder if a tyre rule might even playing field a bit? The fastest combo was very unorthodox, bet the home drivers liked it though ;)
Sterling effort and a big improvement on last year.
Hi Danny I was only at the 2wd Saturday and am fairly local, well 30 miles south, but I have run at Dynamix 4 or 5 times recently. In all that time I think only Chris Patt, Andy Pearson and possibly Peter Craig have run a 4wd and then only an odd run between 2wd heats so they had no big advantage other than lots of experience of high grip tracks and years of racing. Oh yes and one other thing, talent, which so far has escaped me ;)
Danny Harrison
17-06-2013, 04:21 PM
as far as i know they're pretty old school mate but they do work great as theres a lot less bite on the front end, i think it was chris clarke that tried it 1st an we all copied him lol
Not complaining just wish I'd had that tyre too, I couldn't push hard at all. The white ballistics worked OK for me but definitely felt at a big disadvantage. Roll on the other rounds though :)
Hi Danny I was only at the 2wd Saturday and am fairly local, well 30 miles south, but I have run at Dynamix 4 or 5 times recently. In all that time I think only Chris Patt, Andy Pearson and possibly Peter Craig have run a 4wd and then only an odd run between 2wd heats so they had no big advantage other than lots of experience of high grip tracks and years of racing. Oh yes and one other thing, talent, which so far has escaped me ;)
They definately had the talent, the old school tyres just helped them make the most it :P
N7ELA
17-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Now, now, Danny, no need for a tyre rule. All the tyres are freely available to everyone to buy. Just might be that your choice was wrong:p
Plus, people drive differently and so different tyres will suit different drivers and setups..........
Never seen the point in a control tyre if they are freely available.....
I don't think the 2 row studs that people were using are readily available.
Maybe Some people feel cheated here by people running tyres which can't be bought anymore...!
chrispattinson
17-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Myself and most of the guys bought the tyres track side on the day from Peter. And , I just ordered some more online.
Danny Harrison
17-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Myself and most of the guys bought the tyres track side on the day from Peter. And , I just ordered some more online.
Ah didnt know they were available at the track. They certainly worked well though, cant be a coincidence most of the A final had them on :) I better get myself a set of them too, thanks.:thumbsup:
Edit, I'm struggling to find them, any chance of a link?
K-Brewer
17-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Myself and most of the guys bought the tyres track side on the day from Peter. And , I just ordered some more online.
same as but mine were from Paul trackside so they are still available in places, just gotta find them, only have to ask :p
Danny Harrison
17-06-2013, 05:15 PM
same as but mine were from Paul trackside so they are still available in places, just gotta find them, only have to ask :p
I'm asking now ;) does he have an online shop? Cant find any.
K-Brewer
17-06-2013, 05:18 PM
I'm asking now ;) does he have an online shop? Cant find any.
sorry Danny mate that wasnt aimed at you :( lol
Darren Boyle
17-06-2013, 05:21 PM
I am sure we still have some Green 2 rows left if anyone wants some (and blue ones too)
The part numbers were U6519N (2wd front slim - green) and U6524S (4wd front - green), they may not be on our website still but we still have some if anyone is stuck.......
Danny Harrison
17-06-2013, 05:22 PM
sorry Danny mate that wasnt aimed at you :( lol
haha I know man, I just genuinely want some. I'm searching everything possible but it does seem they don't make this tyre anymore.
If thats the case N7ELA is kinda justified being a bit upset. Im chilled about the whole thing, I just love racing.
It is ment to be any tyre that is commercially available though I think, some regions would certainly kick up a fuss about it.
Danny Harrison
17-06-2013, 05:29 PM
I am sure we still have some Green 2 rows left if anyone wants some (and blue ones too)
The part numbers were U6519N (2wd front slim - green) and U6524S (4wd front - green), they may not be on our website still but we still have some if anyone is stuck.......
I'd better not if it could cause a fuss. I think they are technically illegal at regionals after all :/ No one was to know though, I'd of had em on too if I had em :p
K-Brewer
17-06-2013, 05:31 PM
haha I know man, I just genuinely want some. I'm searching everything possible but it does seem they don't make this tyre anymore.
If thats the case N7ELA is kinda justified being a bit upset. Im chilled about the whole thing, I just love racing.
It is ment to be any tyre that is commercially available though I think, some regions would certainly kick up a fuss about it.
if you try giving moss models a call mate as i think he can get hold of them but he doesnt normally sell them so theyre not on his website
Darren Boyle
17-06-2013, 05:31 PM
No front tyre at all should be ruled out at any BRCA meeting, even at nationals only the rear tyres are controlled, with "free choice" for the front of any car...
N7ELA
17-06-2013, 05:40 PM
haha I know man, I just genuinely want some. I'm searching everything possible but it does seem they don't make this tyre anymore.
If thats the case N7ELA is kinda justified being a bit upset. Im chilled about the whole thing, I just love racing.
It is ment to be any tyre that is commercially available though I think, some regions would certainly kick up a fuss about it.
I'm not upset, I didn't even race. And I have 2 row greens.
Mike Parker
17-06-2013, 05:42 PM
On a lighter note, I just want to drop by and give a huge thanks to all involved at Dynamix for putting together a cracking weekend. I'll be prepared for next year on the tyre front :thumbsup:
Looking forwards to South Shields in a couple week time :) and hopefully I'll have a 2wd to go alongside my 4!
Danny Harrison
17-06-2013, 05:46 PM
No front tyre at all should be ruled out at any BRCA meeting, even at nationals only the rear tyres are controlled, with "free choice" for the front of any car...
I'll have some for club racing please. Have to agree to disagree on this 1 though.
23.7 Wheels and tyres must conform as follows:-
No form of metal or plastic spike, tubes or anything similar will be attached to the tyres. Maximum diameter
allowed is 90mm front and rear. Only commercially available wheels and tyres may be used
23.11 At Sanctioned events two types of control tyre will be adopted for the driven axle on 2WD cars and
the rear axle of 4WD cars. The choice of tyres for the non-driven axle on 2WD cars and the front axle on
4WD cars will be free, subject to conforming to rule 23.7
Meeting was good though, I dont meen to put a damper on it, just want a fair crack at the rest of them. :)
N7ELA
17-06-2013, 05:52 PM
I'll have some for club racing please. Have to agree to disagree on this 1 though.
23.7 Wheels and tyres must conform as follows:-
No form of metal or plastic spike, tubes or anything similar will be attached to the tyres. Maximum diameter
allowed is 90mm front and rear. Only commercially available wheels and tyres may be used
23.11 At Sanctioned events two types of control tyre will be adopted for the driven axle on 2WD cars and
the rear axle of 4WD cars. The choice of tyres for the non-driven axle on 2WD cars and the front axle on
4WD cars will be free, subject to conforming to rule 23.7
Meeting was good though, I dont meen to put a damper on it, just want a fair crack at the rest of them. :)
Love it...!
I suppose rules are rules...!
Danny Harrison
17-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Love it...!
I suppose rules are rules...!
haha totally, theres no sour grapes here. Just keeps it fair for everyone in future now we know.
chrispattinson
17-06-2013, 05:55 PM
If thats the case N7ELA is kinda justified being a bit upset. Im chilled about the whole thing, .
Tis OK Danny, N7ELA had that tyre on his car. Looking forward to South Shield regional .... Tyre choice is anyone's guess, but you be far wrong with Schumacher yellow minispikes.
K-Brewer
17-06-2013, 05:57 PM
I'll have some for club racing please. Have to agree to disagree on this 1 though.
23.7 Wheels and tyres must conform as follows:-
No form of metal or plastic spike, tubes or anything similar will be attached to the tyres. Maximum diameter
allowed is 90mm front and rear. Only commercially available wheels and tyres may be used
23.11 At Sanctioned events two types of control tyre will be adopted for the driven axle on 2WD cars and
the rear axle of 4WD cars. The choice of tyres for the non-driven axle on 2WD cars and the front axle on
4WD cars will be free, subject to conforming to rule 23.7
Meeting was good though, I dont meen to put a damper on it, just want a fair crack at the rest of them. :)
it also helps when you damage the front wheel hex on the qualifiying before the final to change it so when you qualify 1st for the C final your front wheel doesnt fall off 2 laps into it lol, woulda shoulda but didnt :thumbsup:
N7ELA
17-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Tis OK Danny, N7ELA had that tyre on his car. Looking forward to South Shield regional .... Tyre choice is anyone's guess, but you be far wrong with Schumacher yellow minispikes.
May I suggest you do the diff in your cars before the meeting to save any Agro...!
Danny Harrison
17-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Tis OK Danny, N7ELA had that tyre on his car. Looking forward to South Shield regional .... Tyre choice is anyone's guess, but you be far wrong with Schumacher yellow minispikes.
I was a bit upset on the day not having that tyre to be honest though. I spent a fortune on tyres for this series making sure I had every tyre possible within reason too :(
All good though now, I never read the rules before.
K-Brewer
17-06-2013, 06:14 PM
I was a bit upset on the day not having that tyre to be honest though. I spent a fortune on tyres for this series making sure I had every tyre possible within reason too :(
All good though now, I never read the rules before.
i race there every weekend an theres only 1 person i know that used them before hand, other then that the people including myself only used them on the regional day to give them a go
paulj
17-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Now if you had only raced 2wd on Saturday you could put any old tat worn out tyre on the front and get it to work. 4wd is the work of the devil, just say no ;)
Andyp
17-06-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm gonna sit on the fence... I have raced at the venue a couple of times in the last couple of months so I guess if I thought the two rows were that good and people that were using them had a great advantage I would have made sure I had some for the day.
I have to say tho I can't seem to find any online tho Chris P?
At the end of the day we want the NE to be as popular as possible, the few years I have raced up here sometimes number have been a little low so let's not get too bogged down with too many rules and arguments... I'm sure the comments will be seen and taken into account maybe it will be different next year but nothing can be done now ..
PaulFarrand
17-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Paul how did you do in 4wd ...........
Well done for saturday ...........on reaching the * A * :)
Cheers, I was well please with the 'A'. Car felt good from start to finish on Saturday.
As for Sunday, I qualified 3rd in the B.
As for tyre selection as I think I kicked this whole thing off winding Danny up. I found the best combination of tyre in the 4th round with Proline Holeshot M3's on the front and worn yellow mini spikes on the rear with the inner and outer row cut off. Just wish I'd have tried them earlier. They were just right....
PS.....Danny, 2,3,4,5,6, yellow,green,blue,purple row studs wouldn't have helped you:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
Danny Harrison
17-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Cheers, I was well please with the 'A'. Car felt good from start to finish on Saturday.
As for Sunday, I qualified 3rd in the B.
As for tyre selection as I think I kicked this whole thing off winding Danny up. I found the best combination of tyre in the 4th round with Proline Holeshot M3's on the front and worn yellow mini spikes on the rear with the inner and outer row cut off. Just wish I'd have tried them earlier. They were just right....
PS.....Danny, 2,3,4,5,6, yellow,green,blue,purple row studs wouldn't have helped you:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
haha they so would of and you know it ;) Ya gotta beat me sooner or later though paul. Even if it is by 0.2 of a second with your best combination of tyres :p
neallewis
17-06-2013, 06:55 PM
i race there every weekend an theres only 1 person i know that used them before hand, other then that the people including myself only used them on the regional day to give them a go
Funny that I asked about a few NE regulars the week before at the oople series race and was told green two row studs were THE tyres to have for 4wd in the dry. I had a 2wd set so stuck them on 4wd rims, and was laughed at when I got my car out with them already on for practice. I even told Danny the week before, and I know Peter from Castle models did a good trade with the last of his stock on the sat.
I did hear a few complaints about the track, but I liked it, and thought the club ran a good meeting overall. Yes the white track markings are a bit harsh in places, and I could see that it would be worse in 2wd, but the track was interesting and testing, different to what we have and run on in Yorkshire. I'll certainly come back.
nivek
17-06-2013, 07:00 PM
are we talking of the tyres from 15/20 years ago slim front 2 row ....... i hope sooooooo ???????
K-Brewer
17-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Funny that I asked about a few NE regulars the week before at the oople series race and was told green two row studs were THE tyres to have for 4wd in the dry. I had a 2wd set so stuck them on 4wd rims, and was laughed at when I got my car out with them already on for practice. I even told Danny the week before, and I know Peter from Castle models did a good trade with the last of his stock on the sat.
I did hear a few complaints about the track, but I liked it, and thought the club ran a good meeting overall. Yes the white track markings are a bit harsh in places, and I could see that it would be worse in 2wd, but the track was interesting and testing, different to what we have and run on in Yorkshire. I'll certainly come back.
Thats what people may of been saying on advice from someone but only one person has run them at Dynamix that i know of an im pretty regular down there
Danny Harrison
17-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Funny that I asked about a few NE regulars the week before at the oople series race and was told green two row studs were THE tyres to have for 4wd in the dry. I had a 2wd set so stuck them on 4wd rims, and was laughed at when I got my car out with them already on for practice. I even told Danny the week before, and I know Peter from Castle models did a good trade with the last of his stock on the sat.
I did hear a few complaints about the track, but I liked it, and thought the club ran a good meeting overall. Yes the white track markings are a bit harsh in places, and I could see that it would be worse in 2wd, but the track was interesting and testing, different to what we have and run on in Yorkshire. I'll certainly come back.
Gotta say I was pretty jealous how well your car went round with them on. You were catching me after the straight every time :)
neallewis
17-06-2013, 07:25 PM
are we talking of the tyres from 15/20 years ago slim front 2 row ....... i hope sooooooo ???????
Yup, those from 25 years ago. Find a picture of a topcat or misami's worlds winning cat xls.
neallewis
17-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Thats what people may of been saying on advice from someone but only one person has run them at Dynamix that i know of an im pretty regular down there
I thought it was a well known and tried/tested tyre. I must have got the insider info ;-) they worked anyway.
N7ELA
17-06-2013, 08:08 PM
I was surprised no F1's turned up mind. I don't think I've ever raced a regional where there's been no F1's...!
mr emily
17-06-2013, 09:30 PM
I can't remember if I have driven a 4wd at dynamics, but I might have. It wasn't me who spilled the beans!! about the 2 rows. Was it Neil!!
jk007
17-06-2013, 09:57 PM
I have never raced at Dynamix before.
I used very worn yellow spikes on the front with 2 rows cut off
And worn yellow spike on the rear with 2 rows cut off
And qualified 8th in The A final
Ps I can get 20 sets of schumacher 2 row blue compound
If anyone is interested call me 07903389921
Cheers jason
Danny Harrison
17-06-2013, 10:54 PM
I have never raced at Dynamix before.
I used very worn yellow spikes on the front with 2 rows cut off
And worn yellow spike on the rear with 2 rows cut off
And qualified 8th in The A final
Ps I can get 20 sets of schumacher 2 row blue compound
If anyone is interested call me 07903389921
Cheers jason
Good job on qualifying, you were looking good in the heats too. You might of reached an f2 position with the studs on! :thumbsup: Hope I can redeem myself at the other meetings. Feeling a lot better about them :woot:
paulywally
17-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Ladies and Gents.
I would just like to post a quick line to mention all the hard work and long hours the club members and volunteers put in to help me get the track and the field ready for the event. And Mike West for running race control (Very well done). Also the guys who stayed back and help put the rostrum away. Thank You
I have had a meeting with the skate park today and they have asked me to pass on a big thank you, for using the facility’s and purchasing food and drinks from the café as they are a charity it has really help them financially.
on the same note I would like to thank each and every one of the drivers and visitors who attended over the weekend for leaving the track and field area clean and tidy. ( last year I spent a hour tiding up when everyone had left.)
on a final note I really enjoyed the weekend Great crowed, good banter, good weather and some fun racing and the best thing is to see the clubs young drivers and new comers at their first event really enjoy themselves and the sport. Its weekend like this that will bring the new talent into the clubs.
See you all at Gyspies Green.
neallewis
18-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Cheers Paul. I think Mike, you and the rest of the members put on a good meeting think the club had a good space, which benefits from the good skatepark facilities being so close. Sure some of the old industrial land is a bit rough for camping on, but fine for pitting and parking round the track. Access is good, and It's easy to get to. I noticed a few kids, parents and skatepark customers coming to watch the racing. they all seemed genuinely interesting in what was going on. Future club members right there, if you can attract them in with an old club car for hire as a taster on club days?
I think later this or for next year you could look to put on a bigger annual open comp/cup meeting, similar to the Batley super cup, or RHR/Yorcc spring/autumn cup. You could certainly attract a lot of visitors from around the North, or down from Scotland, put the club a bit more on the map, and hopefully some funds in the club coffers and a bit back for the skatepark cafe takings.
Gemma
18-06-2013, 09:47 AM
WOW! What have I missed!
Sounds like the weekend was a great success, and nice to see everyone coming together, and providing positive feedback to Mike & the Dynamix Club. I know how difficult it can be to set up, run and support Regionals, and the amount of time and effort which goes into organising these events!
Well done guys!
Sorry I couldnt make this weekend, packing for holidays- all go go go!
Wont be at S Shields either, but hope the weather is fair, and good clean racing boys & girls!!
:) Over & out! :thumbsup:
Here are a few pics from the weekend :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39494803@N04/sets/72157634254062014/
neallewis
21-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Here are a few pics from the weekend :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39494803@N04/sets/72157634254062014/
Nice one Kash!
Neal.
Steven Forster
01-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Are any of the results up for the dynamix regional yet ?
nivek
01-07-2013, 03:42 PM
BIG thanks to all yesterday , Had a really good time . you can"t beat a bit of grass.....
racing
:thumbsup:......
N7ELA
01-07-2013, 03:57 PM
BIG thanks to all yesterday , Had a really good time . you can"t beat a bit of grass.....
racing
:thumbsup:......
Think racing on it is better than smoking it.
Dynamix is astro, try the neam thread...!
:thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.