View Full Version : Dualsky XC800TF or Tekin RS Pro
dobber
05-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Im after something that is small and does not need a fan. I'll be running it in a Kyosho RB6 with a 7.5T motor. Im favouring the Dualsky at the moment for 2 reasons currently.
1/ Overall Cost
2/ You dont need a PC to change the settings on the Dualsky as there is a program card.
What are your thoughts on either please?
OneKiwi
05-03-2013, 08:46 AM
I think you have made your decision right there.
mark christopher
05-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Dualsky
mikeyscott
05-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Im after something that is small and does not need a fan. I'll be running it in a Kyosho RB6 with a 7.5T motor. Im favouring the Dualsky at the moment for 2 reasons currently.
1/ Overall Cost
2/ You dont need a PC to change the settings on the Dualsky as there is a program card.
What are your thoughts on either please?
I have an Orion R10 in mine with no space issues, no fan and a 7.5
dobber
05-03-2013, 02:02 PM
I'm running a Hobbywing v2.1 and it wont lie flat so its sitting on its side with the fins facing the lipo's. Its fine in this cold weather but i wonder if its going to get rather warm in summer.
I have an Orion R10 in mine with no space issues, no fan and a 7.5
Well as a Tekin user I can say they are bloody good. Been using them now for over 3 years. Small footprint, bloody powerful too. Yep you need to have a laptop to really set it up but it does have some good built in profiles also.
Cost again there is a difference, so if this is a main contributor then you need to sway the way you can afford.
Never used the DualSky so cant comment on that one
Lee24h
05-03-2013, 02:34 PM
I would say tekin personally its a product that has worked for years with only a few software updates
The downside is that it needs to be connected to a pc however it is a nice product that works as well if not better than these new things which look like they all come out the same factory either that or the viper esc that also looks good
philjc
05-03-2013, 02:45 PM
I run Dualsky in my Cat K1, and to be honest it is fantastic, never misses a beat, and runs so cool!! plus if you need to change any settings, the program card is so easy to use, infact i prefer that over the USB to a laptop.
mikeyscott
05-03-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm running a Hobbywing v2.1 and it wont lie flat so its sitting on its side with the fins facing the lipo's. Its fine in this cold weather but i wonder if its going to get rather warm in summer.
With the R10 it's flat on the chassis and I can fit a fan to it with no proba. it's located at the back of the car too.
I don't know what the HW 2.1 dimensions are.
My SP LPF fitted too without any probs
mark christopher
05-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Used both and out the two, defo Dualsky, easier to set up and adjust
Maddy
05-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Dualsky,faultless
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.