PDA

View Full Version : T4 chassis on B4.1


Aire valley
05-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Can anyone confirm that the B4.1+8mm chassis is just the same as the T4 chassis ? Seems that the T4 could be a cheaper alternative ?
Thanks

KRob
05-03-2013, 05:20 PM
No, the T4 chassis is longer again.
From the info I can find it's about 25mm longer then the original B4 chassis, so still a fair bit longer then the +8mm B4 chassis.

Aire valley
05-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Thanks krob.... That's interesting I couldn't find the measurements....just thought I had seen somewhere that they were the same....

Chrislong
06-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Before the +8mm chassis was available, I ran a T4 chassis on my B4.1 and quite liked it.

Regarding bodyshell, I used the FTW bodyshell which is specifically moulded for a B4 with T4 chassis on - so no problem.

Edit: see pic in my Avatar - thats the lengthy victim.

SHY
06-03-2013, 09:16 AM
I'm gonna try this car myself come spring. Looks awesome on track! :thumbsup:

I've heard though that it works best when grip levels are not that high (stable).

Aire valley
06-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Before the +8mm chassis was available, I ran a T4 chassis on my B4.1 and quite liked it.

Regarding bodyshell, I used the FTW bodyshell which is specifically moulded for a B4 with T4 chassis on - so no problem.

Edit: see pic in my Avatar - thats the lengthy victim.

Thanks Chris.... That certainly looks interesting, if a little long !:blush::blush::blush:.....nice to know that the FTW body fits..I thought that their XL version was for the +8mm chassis..
Might try it if one comes up before the 8mm chassis....

SLEENAD
06-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Before the +8mm chassis was available, I ran a T4 chassis on my B4.1 and quite liked it.

Me too! Going for a centro style epoxy chassis this season though.

The wheelbase for an original B4 is 273, a worlds 281 and a T4mod is 288 to be exact.

jaysllim
19-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Just a quick question does the brca have a max leungth on the wheel base or is it min? Soz just wondering how gd this mod would wrk on clay? Any ideas guys?

Jay

Aire valley
19-03-2013, 10:56 PM
The BRCA max length is 460mm, including bumper...
I managed to pick up a +8mm worlds chassis cheap. :) so have now fitted that
and will try this weekend..
Seems the best way to go ...

mattr
20-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Thanks krob.... That's interesting I couldn't find the measurements....just thought I had seen somewhere that they were the same....You probably saw the original test chassis, they were shortened/cutnshut T4s.

I was tempted to try it (for 20 quid, why not!), but decided to buy another car instead!