PDA

View Full Version : Dx3r smoother accelation


Stringerhot
07-03-2013, 07:19 AM
On the dx3r transmitter what setting do I need to go into to get a less aggressive acceleration or can this be achieved from settings in my speedo ?

Benh
07-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Depends on the speedo what you would do, but that would be my first point of call.

If you feel you need to change it on the TX, it's exponential. Your initial input offers less throttle, but the further you go, exponentially more throttle is given. A useful tool I find on the steering for "twitchy" cars, but not losing full throw in the hairpins.

If you have more than enough overall throttle you could change the end point and take the top end off.

Depends on what you want to achieve.

Hope it helps.

Stringerhot
07-03-2013, 10:14 AM
I just want to be able to pull the trigger and have a gradual accelration instead of max power take off

Benh
07-03-2013, 10:30 AM
I just want to be able to pull the trigger and have a gradual accelration instead of max power take off

Have you calibrated your tx to your speedo?
Was your tx at default whe doing it? i.e. zero trim, zero sub trim etc etc
What speedo have you got?

Stringerhot
07-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Yes I calibrated my transmitter to zero I've got orion r10

Benh
07-03-2013, 11:23 AM
With the electrics all being well and set correctly and a suitable motor, you should get a minimum drive of about 10% with a linear acceleration to full throttle.

Check you punch setting. Try 1 and work from there.

If that all fails, then try the expo on the DX3R.

List ->
Exponential ->
Throttle ->
Scroll down, click to get the 0%'s flashing. (With the car off!) Hold the throttle and using the scroll button set it to something like 50%. Try the car.

With a bit of luck - you get into the expo and find a mate has set it to -80% and the source of your problems. ;)

mattr
07-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Yes I calibrated my transmitter to zero I've got orion r10Just to zero, or have you done all the end points and so on as well?
I've got a DX3R and had no issues as you describe (and a mate had the same combination (DX3R/Orion) with no issues...)

Stringerhot
07-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Cheers for you helpfull advice will try that out at the weekend

Chequered Flag Racing
07-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Exponential

on the Spektrum systems you need to use 'positive' expo to get a slower response to inputs for throttle & steering. ;)

From the manual
Note: Positive and negative Expo values are
available. A positive Expo value results in the
center being less sensitive (desirable most of
the time) while a negative value increases the
sensitivity around center (normally not used).

http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPM3140-DX3S_UserGuide_EN.pdf

metalmickey0
07-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Just dont pull your trigger back so quick then. Feather it. Simples. Problem solved.

cigbunt
07-03-2013, 05:48 PM
On the dx3r transmitter what setting do I need to go into to get a less aggressive acceleration or can this be achieved from settings in my speedo ?


if i have you id have the dx3r in the default straight line curve and check the profile on your speedo...

scooterboy
08-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Turn the traction control off on the transmitter

Danny Harrison
08-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Punch setting to low may help you (on speed controller). If you want to be able to jam full throttle and still get a softer acceleration.

If you mean that you pull throttle a small amount and it still takes off too fast then exponential should help you. This can also be done on either tx or esc :thumbsup: