PDA

View Full Version : Tamiya TRF511 restore.


ralphee
09-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Beginning this here as its turned out to be a restore. Picked up this "mint" TRF511 chassis last week from N7ELA, on giving her a quick shakedown, i thought well why not run riot and throw a bit more money at it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/ralphee/4fdb916a-ee0e-46fd-baee-784129cb224a_zpsae7c65e1.jpg
On being informed the complete drivetrain was NEW, shaking it all down left a few nasty surprises, but nothing I've not seen before, much like my YZ10 project.
There are the new driveshafts removed from the roller.....ive now ordered, really, really new ones. These were reputed to be from a car recently fully rebuilt.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/ralphee/photo-7_zps8be62dcd.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/ralphee/photo-3_zps600189ae.jpg
Heres one of the brand new diffs, again, really new ones ordered, along with outdrives, that aren't slotted from dogbone wear.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/ralphee/SAM_0453_zps51c20acb.jpg
Front bearings....again, these are brand new, hmm i see a pattern forming, i mean, when i see a bearing like this, i replace it on even a simple rebuild, so, luckily, i have most of the bearings for this car in stock at home.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/ralphee/photo-4_zpsc6d161f2.jpg
Here we have the "custom" gold TRF alloy......custom, love that word, but, to drive away the legacy of this car, these very faded parts from the same "mint" chassis, are being sent away to be stripped, polished, de burred and anodised back to TRF blue. Anybody's wallet pocket aching yet?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/ralphee/photo-5_zps8051d573.jpg

Thats all for now folks, parts are starting to arrive, so soon as i have the alloy back, and the new chassis plate (that too looks like it was used as a sanding block) i can really start to move.
Then i can do what i intended, just mount my electrics in this minter and run it.

bests........lee

Naushad
09-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Vintage?

SimonW
09-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Unlucky mate. :(

peetbee
09-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Not vintage and if you're putting it back to standard why not just sell it on again and wait to buy a NIB 511? Surely it would be cheaper and satisfy your desire to have a new car

James
09-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Vintage? I've just finished building my brand new 511 with upgrade pack ready for this season.

ralphee
09-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Not vintage and if you're putting it back to standard why not just sell it on again and wait to buy a NIB 511? Surely it would be cheaper and satisfy your desire to have a new car

No, its not vintage you are correct, bing, but seeing as its a restore, best place for it, i guessed.
Where has 511's in stock now? I struggled to find one TBH, and I've spent out on parts for this at this stage due to may being just horrible.

lee

ralphee
09-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Vintage? I've just finished building my brand new 511 with upgrade pack ready for this season.

If i could have found one, id have jumped, instead, trusted an Oople member.

lee

ralphee
09-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Unlucky mate. :(

Ah, it happens, im guessing Karma may work the other way someday :lol:

lee

Rich D
09-03-2013, 12:42 PM
I dont wish to jump down your neck Lee because there has obviously been some miscommunication between you and Neil. I admire your fastidious approach to your vintage Yokomo restorations too :)

You cant be complaining that it has turned up gold though. Its not to my taste either but i think that comment was a bit unfair. It was gold when you first laid eyes on it.

Its a used car, the diffs and shafts dont look knackered to me from what i can see of them. New unused is very different to newly replaced. You see full sized cars listed with new brakes, new tyres etc. That doesnt mean that the wheels havent turned since they were fitted, it means that you wont need to replace them in the near future. Clearly there was bad understanding between you guys or your expectations exceeded what is reasonable when purchasing a used model. Maybe would have been best to hold out for someone selling a NIB one, they do come up from time to time.

Best wishes

djmcnz
09-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Beginning this here as its turned out to be a restore. Picked up this "mint" TRF511 chassis last week from N7ELA, on giving her a quick shakedown, i thought well why not run riot and throw a bit more money at it.

On being informed the complete drivetrain was NEW, shaking it all down left a few nasty surprises, but nothing I've not seen before, much like my YZ10 project.
There are the new driveshafts removed from the roller.....ive now ordered, really, really new ones. These were reputed to be from a car recently fully rebuilt.

Heres one of the brand new diffs, again, really new ones ordered, along with outdrives, that aren't slotted from dogbone wear.

Front bearings....again, these are brand new, hmm i see a pattern forming, i mean, when i see a bearing like this, i replace it on even a simple rebuild, so, luckily, i have most of the bearings for this car in stock at home.

Here we have the "custom" gold TRF alloy......custom, love that word, but, to drive away the legacy of this car, these very faded parts from the same "mint" chassis, are being sent away to be stripped, polished, de burred and anodised back to TRF blue. Anybody's wallet pocket aching yet?

Thats all for now folks, parts are starting to arrive, so soon as i have the alloy back, and the new chassis plate (that too looks like it was used as a sanding block) i can really start to move.
Then i can do what i intended, just mount my electrics in this minter and run it.

bests........lee

Ouch. I saw that one and TBH thought it looked sweet (although the gold was a matter of personal preference). I'm sorry it didn't turn out as you expected... those costs are going to rack up I'm afraid.

I hope the chassis plate I sent you is okay for the job! I'm assuming it's arrived by now.

Edit: no, not vintage... ;)

ralphee
09-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Hasn't arrived as yet Dave, going by your hi res pics though its perfect for the job, like new compared to the lower plate on this car.
Costs are about done now, all parts bought, waiting now really, even had some new bits from Frederik.
Its cost a lot, but i was tied in initially as the seller ignored me for a few days, so i began buying bits, and, found more and more ropey stuff heh, i did ask the seller to help me out with a few parts from the huge stash he has as a good will gesture, but that didn't happen.
Anyway, I'm eager to rebuild her now, it'll be the most expensive 511 on the planet i feel :lol:

lee

ralphee
09-03-2013, 12:56 PM
I dont wish to jump down your neck Lee because there has obviously been some miscommunication between you and Neil. I admire your fastidious approach to your vintage Yokomo restorations too :)

You cant be complaining that it has turned up gold though. Its not to my taste either but i think that comment was a bit unfair. It was gold when you first laid eyes on it.

Its a used car, the diffs and shafts dont look knackered to me from what i can see of them. New unused is very different to newly replaced. You see full sized cars listed with new brakes, new tyres etc. That doesnt mean that the wheels havent turned since they were fitted, it means that you wont need to replace them in the near future. Clearly there was bad understanding between you guys or your expectations exceeded what is reasonable when purchasing a used model. Maybe would have been best to hold out for someone selling a NIB one, they do come up from time to time.

Best wishes

Rich you misread mate, i LIKED the gold...its the fact its watered down and faded to hell, as in NOT mint at all.
AS for the other parts, want me to send you the CVD's and you can feel the slop for yourself........along with the rust, on a mint rebuilt car mate.
In other words, these wheels turned a LOT since the WERE new.

lee

Rich D
09-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Rich you misread mate, i LIKED the gold...its the fact its watered down and faded to hell, as in NOT mint at all.
AS for the other parts, want me to send you the CVD's and you can feel the slop for yourself........along with the rust, on a mint rebuilt car mate.
In other words, these wheels turned a LOT since the WERE new.

lee


Fair enough mate. If they were sold as new unused then i think you`ve got every right to be unhappy. The axles dont look too badly ovaled from what i can see thats all, any wear on the outdrives cant be seen easily from this angle either. It doesnt look mint you`re right, but its not a dog either from what can be seen.

No need to send the CVD`s ;). Mine tend to last about a full season before i need to swop them. I regularly rebuild them with Tamiya anti wear grease which slows down the wear rate. Im sure you`ll enjoy it when shes done. I have had mine for three full seasons now and have no immediate plans to change :) Great car !

ralphee
09-03-2013, 01:18 PM
So I've read Rich, its rated a superb car, and i really cannot wait to run it now, it'll be a big reward.
Got a shell and wing to send out to Jon too when i get chance, Satoshi pink/blue all the way i think.

lee

Naushad
09-03-2013, 01:20 PM
There is one place that may have a trf 511

Rc champ in Japan. They have the limited edition ball/gear diff kit when I checked a few months backs. They quoted £430 without shipping but they were prepared to send as gift...

I didn't go for it as I managed to bag one here.

djmcnz
09-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Hasn't arrived as yet Dave

That's quite disappointing considering it was sent as a registered package and only had to travel a few hundred kilometres. According to the track and trace it's nearly there but there's no description of the actual location/status.

Oh well, it should be there early next week. At least I suppose you need the aluminium back before you can actually use the chassis!

...going by your hi res pics though its perfect for the job, like new compared to the lower plate on this car.

Yes, I think you'll be happy. :)

Anyway, I'm eager to rebuild her now, it'll be the most expensive 511 on the planet i feel :lol:

It's quite amazing how the costs rack up even if you don't have to recover/replace parts... I avoid trying to calculate how much I've spent on mine since I got it (release day 1 - pre-order). Electrics, spares, Hop-Ups, wings, wheels, tyres, inserts, oil, lube, upgrade kits etc, etc. :cry:

But it's a lot of fun... :thumbsup:

keithrc
11-03-2013, 01:57 AM
So I've read Rich, its rated a superb car, and i really cannot wait to run it now, it'll be a big reward.
Got a shell and wing to send out to Jon too when i get chance, Satoshi pink/blue all the way i think.

lee

Nice project there Lee. Do you have any problems contacting Jon at all? I've sent him a few emails in the last week regarding an Optima and Optima Pro body but I haven't back yet. I know he's busy but still....


Keith ;)

ralphee
04-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Well i got my parts back from the metal finishers, not amazing, they failed to match the TRF blue, wish they would have said before as id have maybe just had them natural, but hey ho, they look a bit better now, more AE blue than TRF lol.....a few marks from the original usage, but better.
I can now move on a build her up from here, its shocking some of the things I've found on this "mint" race car..........but then its idiots that are in abundance and not TRF chassis kits.
Anyhow...what do you guys think....reckon its looking the part? Im still really bummed about the whole thing, but trying to see the finished article.

lee
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/ralphee/photo-5_zps92ee27e6.jpg

N7ELA
04-04-2013, 07:03 PM
I think you've wrecked a great car tbh, you should have just put your electrics in and ran it as there was nothing wrong with it.

Or taken the refund I offered you instead of trying to be a clever cu*t and playing up to an audience of none existent followers you have.

If you wanted a brand new car you should have just went and bought one. They are still available to buy.

I await the next build installment with baited breath however you could have just posted a link to the manual and saved yourself some time.

:thumbsup:

ralphee
04-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Speaking of idiots.......

Lee

ralphee
04-04-2013, 08:02 PM
The diff really are new and mint now, this was one pulley i took out, looks nice eh?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/ralphee/photo-6_zps0917c4b1.jpg

lee

ralphee
04-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Heres the poop i got off the diff balls,, of course, from a supposedly mint, NEW diff.....guess it all boils down to standards?

lee
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/ralphee/photo-7_zps87b486b6.jpg

Now, the diff in the foreground, its new, its MINT, why? Because i did it.......the other one, soon followed suit.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/ralphee/photo-8_zpsbf50c601.jpg

lee

Andrew Twigger
04-04-2013, 08:17 PM
I'm an avid fan of restoration threads and it's great to see someone taking the time and effort to do a proper job.;)

However, the constant whining about how stuff wasn't as advertised and continuous sniping at the seller is ruining your thread. :thumbdown:

ralphee
04-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Hey Andrew cheers, but you could always read elsewhere too hey?

lee

cmgreen
04-04-2013, 08:28 PM
I always wondered where the term 'dickhead' came from.....now i know...ralphee

N7ELA
04-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Speaking of idiots.......

Lee

So thats what you are all about, name calling people for posting their opinion on your public build thread. Just goes to show how childish you really are.

I guess all those Star Trek space ships in the backgroud of your pictures are your toys, watch you don't break them when they fly out of your pram mind.

Have you tried to rip anybody else off recently BTW...???

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123842

ralphee
04-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Second verse, speaking of idiots! Star Trek????? Now im insulted LOl!

Lee

Origineelreclamebord
04-04-2013, 09:04 PM
I think I understand ralphee (in particular on the anodizing), it can be very disappointing when you're aiming for perfection and things don't go the way you'd like.

As for the car not being as described, it's not cool when that happens. Not just for the buyer, it can be a pain for the seller too (After all you'd like people to be happy with their purchase). I'm not going to judge anything on that front, it's not my business and the comments of both parties might be best kept out of the topic.

I hope you can both leave that behind you: It's nice to see it becoming so clean and tidy, and the Before-After difference is like those commercials of cleaning products like Cillit Bang :lol: It is exactly that what makes restorations so rewarding!

djmcnz
04-04-2013, 09:16 PM
I tend to agree with the good man before me (Origineelreclamebord) who I personally know to be both wise and honourable. :)

Leaving the personal disappointment and politics aside, I think the blue anodising looks fine - if nothing else it will be unique without being quite as stand-out as the gold.

Persevere, it's a fabulous chassis and you'll enjoy it once it's complete.

The diff covers and new chassis plate look mint... ;)

Edit: I'm disappointed I missed the Star Trek reference... can't see no Enterprise anywhere... :eh?: And there's nothing wrong with Star Trek! :p

ralphee
05-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Ah, i know guys, heart on sleeve and all that, but i just struggle to suffer fools.

Anyway, rebuild will continue today, then, if there is any interest, this will be up for trade against a CAT K1, looking at it now makes me a bit sick.

It'll be essentially a new car, COMPLETE new drivetrain, inc shafts, new bearings, new screw kit, new dampers, new shock towers etc etc, pics will do the talking, but if you know me, i don't build sh*t.

lee

Naushad
05-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Lee, I think you should persevere.

If you intended to run it (as you mention in the start of your thread) you should do just that by building it to a high spec and give it a chance.

The TRF511 is much better than the K1 in my opinion.

It's built to perform and has a excellent race history to match.

To build this car and then trade it seems such a waste.

Anyway, best wishes for whatever you decide.

percymon
05-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Well when you finish it'll be a great looking example.

As for the anodizing no metal finisher will guarantee a colour match, the final colour depends on the darkness of the oxide layer beneath. In general I'd say most examples of refinishing i've seen in the UK give a darker , more intense colour than the original Japanese finishes (Naushad's gold Optima chassis being a recent example).

I've had pairs of alloy hubs arrive from the same supplier in different colour blues before now - annoying when they can clearly see themselves that they don't match when they parcel them up to send out.

Anyway - head down, tools to hand - we're waiting for the next build images

N7ELA
06-04-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm an avid fan of restoration threads and it's great to see someone taking the time and effort to do a proper job.;)

However, the constant whining about how stuff wasn't as advertised and continuous sniping at the seller is ruining your thread. :thumbdown:

Andrew I think you are being far too kind here mind calling this a restoration/build thread.

I've not seen one positive comment or instruction to show anybody how to do anything regarding building a car. No recommendations or variations from the instruction manual and nothing suggesting any improvements or reasons why you even should do something a different way. Not even one personal preference. (Maybe because the author knows nothing about RC cars...???)

All you can see here is:- here's a dirty diff, heres a cleaner looking diff. Here's a set of drive shafts which are worn (No measurements to back up the claims btw), here's some alloy parts coloured gold and here's some looking blue (Nowhere near TFR Blue).

The whole point of a build thread is to show what you've done and why you've done it. Not I bought a second hand car, bought loads of new bits and fitted them exactly how the manual told me to. (Nice laminated manual pictured BTW)

Otherwise why not just buy a new kit and build it???

And why this is in a vintage thread is another mystery?

And finally Andrew anybody who posts anything on a public forum and then snaps as soon as somebody (Like yourself) posts their views really does show everyone else what a narrrow minded hypcrite they really are.

The whole thread is a joke and I look forward to the next calamity installment from the absolute clueless author...

:thumbsup:

ralphee
06-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Neil, you are the joke son. You wouldn't know mint if you ate the plant.
The reason for the thread is simple, is a restore, from a DEAD POS that you conned me with, you have no class mate, no code, and if you really do feel so unjustly served in my "whining" about you taking me for a mug on £250, why not just give me a call, you sound brave enough?
Failing that, why not add another coat of wax to your cheap ass dead BMW and pass the time that way, as i feel you should leave the model cars to the pros.
Maybe you have another "friend" that could pop in and back your weak excuses up sunshine?
Anyhoo, the car will be rebuilt now to my standards, and all parts will now be polished in finish, may as well pimp the heck out of it now for fun, its only money, and it seems i have plenty of that :thumbsup:

bests.......lee

Crashtest33
06-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Moderator! Call a moderator! :D

(Personally I think we should have an arm wrestle to settle this)

ralphee
06-04-2013, 05:11 PM
LOL, yeah, thats it, man, no more on it, i call a ceasefire both parties have typed some pretty awful crap, its just getting out of hand now, and besides, my Dad is way bigger. No more on it now, just the build, and ill leave the guy alone :thumbsup:.

lee

DCM
06-04-2013, 06:30 PM
What a read... yes the car is a little dirty, maybe he has used it since he rebuilt it??? As for the diff's, for a 511, they are mint, they are open to the elements and get dirty very quickly indeed, I didn't actually see any 'damage' on the pulleys or the outdrives, so although you were 'expecting' a pristine shelf queen, you actually bought a well looked after race roller, no point in constantly chipping on about it.....

Enjoy what you got.

ralphee
06-04-2013, 06:49 PM
Yet another expert who hasnt handled the car to know ANYTHING mate, go away

Lee

N7ELA
06-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Yet another expert who hasnt handled the car to know ANYTHING mate, go away

Lee

Unfortunately people are entitled to their opinion, especially when you post on an open public forum. The fact you are attacking people for giving their honest opinions shows exactly what a low life loser you really are.

Just keep replying as you can't pay for this level of entertainment...!

:thumbsup:

rapidrubberwill
06-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Better than top gear this thread :D

ralphee
06-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Unfortunately people are entitled to their opinion, especially when you post on an open public forum. The fact you are attacking people for giving their honest opinions shows exactly what a low life loser you really are.

Just keep replying as you can't pay for this level of entertainment...!

:thumbsup:

As i said, brave man with a keyboard!

Lee

Crashtest33
06-04-2013, 09:34 PM
OK, I was kidding before but now I'm not.
I use this forum as a means of relaxing from a hard day enjoying one of the many hobbies I enjoy and this is now pissing me off.

Could a moderator please shut down and delete this thread.

N7ELA
06-04-2013, 10:09 PM
As i said, brave man with a keyboard!

Lee

What's being brave got to do with anything? You're the only person in this entire thread who is sniping and attacking people because you don't agree with their opinion.

You are also the one who started this whole thread sniping at me whilst hiding behind your keyboard.

I think you just need to quit while you are behind as everyone is still laughing hard.

ralphee
07-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Yes, mods please delete!

Lee

DCM
07-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Yet another expert who hasnt handled the car to know ANYTHING mate, go away

Lee

Ah, ok, so you know me then, you know that I have owned Tamiya's for years and raced them, so yeah, I know nothing then about Tamiya's or cars in general, since 1988.....

Dude, you really are a ............ (fill in the blank)

ralphee
07-04-2013, 09:30 AM
No DCM, you know NOTHING about this car, this car that is reported to be NEW in the drivetrain, with Diff covers and seals, yet still worn, gritty and old.
Rusty old Driveshafts, not NEW ones, slotted outdrives.....you get the picture???
Dont come into a thread without the full facts, no, i dont know you, and that flips the same for me......so kindly sod off you prat.

lee

N7ELA
07-04-2013, 10:09 AM
No DCM, you know NOTHING about this car, this car that is reported to be NEW in the drivetrain, with Diff covers and seals, yet still worn, gritty and old.
Rusty old Driveshafts, not NEW ones, slotted outdrives.....you get the picture???
Dont come into a thread without the full facts, no, i dont know you, and that flips the same for me......so kindly sod off you prat.

lee

I think DCM like a few other people reading this thread are looking at your pictures and wondering where the 'Slotted' outdrives are and where the gritty old parts are???

This forum has many clever people on it who have a welth of knowledge and experience with top spec cars like this one.

If you every run this car (Even once) and then strip it down you'd be amazed how dirty it gets.

As for new, you should have bought new if you wanted new...!

stephenianjames
07-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Lee, I'm an unknown on this forum but browse it often, and have enjoyed reading your restore threads as you obviously have an eye for detail and a passion for these cars.

But going buy the pictures you've posted of the car dropdown, it's hard to see that the car wasn't in very good condition. I reckon an expectation of a new car when buying a 'mint' used car is unrealistic. Yes I haven't seen the car in person but you're presenting pictures on a forum and basically inviting comments, then telling everyone to sod off when they don't concur with you. This kind of reaction isn't going to endear you to the masses.

Having said that the car rebuild is coming along nicely and I hope you are happy with the end result.

Cheers,

Steve

DCM
07-04-2013, 10:57 AM
No DCM, you know NOTHING about this car, this car that is reported to be NEW in the drivetrain, with Diff covers and seals, yet still worn, gritty and old.
Rusty old Driveshafts, not NEW ones, slotted outdrives.....you get the picture???
Dont come into a thread without the full facts, no, i dont know you, and that flips the same for me......so kindly sod off you prat.

lee

:thumbsup: way to win the crowd there dude..... no, I don't know THAT car, but from the original pictures, dirty pulley, dirty driveshafts is all I see, and yes they do get dirty if used once. If you really wanted a NEW car then you should of bought one, but that fact has been established.

I hope you get to use and abuse it once you have shelf queened it though!

BORMAC
07-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Hi Lee.
We know one another through the 10TALK forum and I can say that we are friends in some small way. I have enjoyed your build threads and your attention to detail is awesome.

Saying this I also spent a couple of years racing the original 501X and even wrote an article for an Australian magazine on it. In my time with this car I can say that the diffs are open to the elements and I opted to go with decal covers for the diff pulleys. Without them the diff attracts every ounce of dust and to be fair I would consider the pulleys mint (or near mint) if the teeth had not seen belt slipage. I really looked after my car and replaced parts along the way to keep it in top form.
Even so when I finaly sold my beloved 501 I had a good look over it and whilst it still looked ace it was not new.

Perhaps this is where the real problem lyes. Perception.

I have owned, built and raced countless cars from all the manufacturers back dating to the early 80's. With this I can say the only really mint car is one that comes in a box unbuilt. I've purchased new built cars and like yourself have found myself a little deflated with less than perfect. I too have sourced new in pack parts to get these cars up to a standard that I have been happy with.

In all honesty it's near impossible to get a mint car to your (our) standard if it has been used in any way what so ever. I understand and appreciate your opinions on this but feel the seller has been served a little too harshly with this. I don't know this seller or those that speak in his favour but have to say reading this thread that if he did offer you a refund you should have accepted it.

What I'm trying to say is, buy new. It's not an old car. What I have learnt with all things r/c is that patience is parramount. Just because it's not available right now doesn't mean it won't be in the future. Purchasing a used car for 250GBP and expecting perfect aint right and I think we all know it.

From the photos I have seen the car was not flogged. Driveshafts, shockshafts etc bend, that's a fact. Detecting them at times sometimes aint easy. The seller seems like a reasonable guy and those that have stated their thoughts have been fair and reasonable. I consider Oople a top forum for the seriously adept in r/c and I ask that you possibly let this go.

Personaly i'd like to see you stick around and be part of the fabric that makes this scene what it is.
Cheers-Jason

cmgreen
07-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Where do you try to race ralphee?

DanB4
07-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Come on lads let's not let oOple and more importantly our vintage forum go down the route of rcracechat....please!

kek23k
07-04-2013, 06:33 PM
It's not even a vintage car! Or is the implication that the 'dirt' on the pulley is vintage?

Crashtest33
07-04-2013, 07:02 PM
It's not even a vintage car! Or is the implication that the 'dirt' on the pulley is vintage?

LoL! Brilliant.

(But even tho this comment was executed with perfect comedy timing we still need a bloody Tamiya...
..., Ralphee,...
..., moderator, I meant moderator!
:D

Col
07-04-2013, 07:45 PM
This has got out of hand.

Lee - if you wanted new you should have bought new. This was advertised as mint, but used. As far as I can see that's exactly what is is.
This thread is over.