PDA

View Full Version : Speedpassion granturismo


thom.p
16-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Does anyone uses this speedo??

danDanEFC
16-07-2008, 06:15 PM
I have one to replace my GTB

The hand held programer is usefull if you like playing with settings.

I dont know what the advance timings settings do can anyone shed ome light on them?

Andy71
16-07-2008, 08:14 PM
I have 3 'cos i love 'em. I switched from LRP, motors as well, and have bought nothing but since.

I find the speedo very smooth and using the hand-held programmer makes set-up changes an absolute breeze.

@ danDanEFC - I think it only comes into play when you are running sensorless.

sparrow.2
16-07-2008, 08:46 PM
I have one and like it a lot. Changed over from LRP with which I was also happy but prefer the handheld programmer. Makes setting up nice, easy and quick.
The instruction manual is a little unclear about the timing function because it says it only work in sensorless mode on one page and late in the manual it says it works for both. I found the more timing you gave it the harsher it felt, a bit like the throttle profile only different...

cjm_2008
16-07-2008, 09:14 PM
i've got one, and it's pretty sweet - especially with the hand held programmer.

there's plenty of punch with lipo, and it's also been mega efficient. I did manage to thermal it on sunday, but that was mainly due to running a 6.5 on maximum timing with a silly gear ratio totally unsuitable for the track.

I just bought an LRP sphere to go in my tc5, i'll probably give that a try in the b44 to compare.

nickhudson
17-07-2008, 07:03 AM
i've got one in my X-6 paired to an orion 7.5. very nice esc. i run the fan on the heatsink and have never had any thermalling issues - it never seems to get warm.

the timing setting does work on sensored motors - i understand that its an electronic version of advancing / retarding the timing on the motor. i always leave the motor on zero degrees timing and advance it on the speedo. as with brushed motors - advancing the motor gives more power but up to a point of diminishing return with a downside of excess heat and power consumption. i only run 3.75 degrees of advance in 2WD - any more and it gets a bit aggressive (especially with lipos)

warped
17-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Well just received mine, for my 2wd.

A bit annoying.

No sensor wire included with the speedo.

Bought a 6.5R speed passion motor with it. - This does include the sensor wire.

But it is ridiculously short so unless you can mount the speedo right next to the motor like in a 4wd or touring car, it is useless.

Rick
17-07-2008, 06:06 PM
i've got one in my X-6 paired to an orion 7.5. very nice esc. i run the fan on the heatsink and have never had any thermalling issues - it never seems to get warm.

Is this an optional extra as the only ones I can see dont have a fan

sparrow.2
17-07-2008, 06:10 PM
They all come with a fan. They just leave them off for the pics.

Rick
17-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Ahh

If running 10.5 BL is there any advantage in getting the GT rather than the LPF version

sparrow.2
17-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Ahh

If running 10.5 BL is there any advantage in getting the GT rather than the LPF version

None whatsoever, unless you're running touring cars and gearing your car to dump 4600 cells in 5 minutes. Then the bigger one might stay a little cooler...

rc nut
09-08-2008, 08:01 AM
do you need to run the fan at all times as my b4 shell wont fit im running a speed passion 6.5 motor

warped
09-08-2008, 09:39 AM
set the overheat protction to enabled, and run without the fan. - If the thermal protection doesn't kick in and stop the car- then you don't need the fan.

You may also be able to mount the fan on its side next to the speedo if there's space.

ianplimmer
09-08-2008, 10:08 AM
mount the fan in front of speedo so the air is blown across the speedo, i personaly think it works alot better this way

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn114/drcmcc/09082008049.jpg

Lightblue
28-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Just bought the LPF today... Yet to purchase a 6.5 motor! I was impressed with the hand held programmer and included fan for just under £100. It doesn't seem as tall as some other esc's either.