View Full Version : Tekin Redline Gen2 Motors
danmurphy
12-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Can anyone tell me if these motors are BRCA legal? Since I can't seem to access the BRCA Homologation list on the BRCA site.
Danny Harrison
12-03-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm pretty sure there not yet. I'm sure they will be very soon though.
neallewis
12-03-2013, 04:26 PM
ROAR legal.
The BRCA brushless Spec motor list doesn't look to have been updated since Aug 2012. Also most of the motors listed are to check they comply with Stock Spec, 17.5, 13.5, 10.5, etc.
The brushless modified motor list (any wind) is dated 1st Jan 2011 (onwards), and does show some later updates in 2011 and 2012.
Maybe Paul Worsley (BRCA Electric Board Tech. Officer) can help?
Or maybe contact RCDisco, as distributors to see if they have submitted them to Paul for inspection?
My 7.5 Gen2 is ace.
danmurphy
12-03-2013, 04:47 PM
ROAR legal.
The BRCA brushless Spec motor list doesn't look to have been updated since Aug 2012. Also most of the motors listed are to check they comply with Stock Spec, 17.5, 13.5, 10.5, etc.
The brushless modified motor list (any wind) is dated 1st Jan 2011 (onwards), and does show some later updates in 2011 and 2012.
Maybe Paul Worsley (BRCA Electric Board Tech. Officer) can help?
Or maybe contact RCDisco, as distributors to see if they have submitted them to Paul for inspection?
My 7.5 Gen2 is ace.
Yeah I want to get myself a 7.5t as they sound like a reasonable priced premium spec motor :thumbsup:
neallewis
12-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Yeah I want to get myself a 7.5t as they sound like a reasonable priced premium spec motor :thumbsup:
I'd just get one and run it. It's what I've done. it's ace. its ROAD legal, which (I believe) has more stringent testing schedules than the BRCA perform, plus i'm sure it will be on the list, once it's updated.
danmurphy
13-03-2013, 11:55 PM
That's what I'm thinking but the first NW regional is 4 weeks away and I don't want to spend money on a motor that I won't be able to use.
What's happened to the BRCA site link to the motor homologation list?
http://www.brca.org/?q=content/homologation-lists-2012-updates/14218
neallewis
14-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Fair enough. will it be checked?
http://www.brca.org/index.php?q=content/homologation-lists-2013-updates/14218
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.