PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Proline Challenge - RHR Dirt, UK


jimmy
12-03-2013, 06:43 PM
The 2013 Proline Challenge race for 10th off road will take place at the fantastic RHR Dirt track which we used last year and has already been announced as the home for our very own oOple Invernational race, August 9th-10th-11th. Proven to be a fantastic track - this race should be one to watch.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/proline2013rhrx.jpg


The Proline Challenge takes place over the weekend of 18th-19th May 2013 and you can download the full entryform right HERE (http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/prolineentry.pdf)

James
16-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Like the look of the Cactus Classic?

Well here's the closest thing to it in the UK -

IY31V55vipE

Get booked in to the Proline Challenge 2013 for a taste of real clay racing!

James
03-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Not many entries for this yet, don't you guys like clay racing!? :lol:

You can send your entry details to [email protected]

You can also turn up on the weekend but entries in advance make life a lot easier for us!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

jaysllim
03-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Chris sent the entry of by post but there was a problem,but he sorted it with post office so hopefully our entrys will b with u soon

millzy
03-04-2013, 01:36 PM
nope via email now! :):)

racingdwarf
03-04-2013, 11:43 PM
Entry in post....printer ran out of ink:cry:

James
29-04-2013, 09:05 AM
You can now email you entry details to Derek Bradby at [email protected]

Please include:

Name
Class(es)
Frequency
BRCA number
PT number (sorry no purcys)
Ability 1-10 (10 = best)

Hope to see you there :thumbsup:

KRob
29-04-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm so up for this :woot:

Tyres sorted and even got a short course for the blast :thumbsup:

Never run on a proper dirt track before - can't wait!!

Shifta
29-04-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm so up for this :woot:

Tyres sorted and even got a short course for the blast :thumbsup:

Never run on a proper dirt track before - can't wait!!

You will Love it.. After the Ivernational last year I simply didn't want to leave... Ever! :thumbsup:

Brodie-72X
10-05-2013, 10:39 AM
There's a chance I might be out there visiting family, & I REALLY wanna do this race! Mod with bump ups.!?! Yes please!

Brodie-72X
10-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Also I see the hole shot is the spec rear tire. What compound? Will it be run wet or dry? & what foam is aloud: 2-stage, closed cell etc?

Thanks.

James
10-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Any compound, Craggy tends to use M3's. Any insert allowed.

The rule is - Holeshots on driven axles, any proline tyre on non-driven axle..

We've done two meetings there - one bone dry and one slightly damp and 'tacky' we will do our upmost to run, the long range weather looks ok so far. We have big sheets which we can pull out and cover the track for any passing rain showers. The track has more grip when theres moisture in it.

Quality isn't great, but the surface here was kinda damp; http://youtu.be/ocs2uCbM02U

jaysllim
14-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Dnt wana be a pain but any news on this weekend? Im only looking at the forecast nd getting abit worried.

Danny Harrison
14-05-2013, 05:11 PM
It looks 50/50 for rain at min on bbc weather. Ive gone ahead and bought tyres anyway :). Doubt a bit of rain will stop it :)

neallewis
14-05-2013, 08:38 PM
It looks 50/50 for rain at min on bbc weather. Ive gone ahead and bought tyres anyway :). Doubt a bit of rain will stop it :)

I've picked up my tyres today from MB, and just about to mail Derek my entry.
The grip is great when the track is damp, so a bit of rain on it this week won't be a bad thing. Just hope it's not too wet at the weekend.

James
14-05-2013, 09:14 PM
I'm hoping it will have rained itself out by the weekend! We have the rain covers of course so might have to sit out a round or two if its really bad, but we'd try and catch that back up on the Sunday. We'll do everything we can to keep on going!

Brodie-72X
14-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Looking forward to this race! Perhaps I can bring a dash of Arizonan sunshine..

Brodie-72X
15-05-2013, 12:37 AM
Any compound, Craggy tends to use M3's. Any insert allowed.

The rule is - Holeshots on driven axles, any proline tyre on non-driven

Does this also mean we can make 2wd fronts out of other Proline tires? I have been running narrowed down M4 square fuzzies lately, & liking them.

Or just production tires that are available?

ben
15-05-2013, 08:51 AM
Any compound, Craggy tends to use M3's. Any insert allowed.

The rule is - Holeshots on driven axles, any proline tyre on non-driven

Does this also mean we can make 2wd fronts out of other Proline tires? I have been running narrowed down M4 square fuzzies lately, & liking them.

Or just production tires that are available?

I would assume no cutting and shutting of tyres.

Stu
15-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Hope it goes well for you guys at the weekend, and that the weather does not stop you getting prepped or running. When it rained at the invernational last summer I quite liked it when we had the mad dash to get the covers over, everyone suddenly pulled together!

Brodie, if the guys are cool with you running cut and shut fronts let us know how you get on, as far as I know nobody has tried it at a race meeting there as yet.

James
15-05-2013, 09:43 AM
I would prefer if cut and shuts weren't used please, any production tyre may be used though. Looking forward to seeing you!

Forecast is gradually improving!

Just over 80 entries now and still more coming in - amazingly we even have enough for a heat of short course!

Richard Lowe
15-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Does this also mean we can make 2wd fronts out of other Proline tires? I have been running narrowed down M4 square fuzzies lately, & liking them.

Or just production tires that are available?

As far as I know Jason Knight from Moss Models is coming along and will have some 2wd front Holeshot's with him if you need any :)

Don't forget to bring that sun over with you!

Brodie-72X
15-05-2013, 08:28 PM
I would prefer if cut and shuts weren't used please, any production tyre may be used though. Looking forward to seeing you!

Forecast is gradually improving!

Just over 80 entries now and still more coming in - amazingly we even have enough for a heat of short course!

80+ that's great news! Finally no dumb spec class racing lol

& stock tyres, gotcha. I have some cut & shuts, can I burn them off for practice? Wasn't sure what to bring, so I bought as many tires as I could..
& the less I take back is better for me lol

James
15-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Yes running them in practice is fine. pretty much the only tyre used at the oople race (dry) were 8175 ribs, more of a mixture at the 'dirty weekend' (damp) with a few drivers on suburbs - very little in it and no real decision as to which was better! So 8175 ribs and Holeshot rears and you'll be good to go :thumbsup:

Few more entries and even the weather is slightly improving! http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/s81_8eu

burgie
15-05-2013, 10:06 PM
What is the timetable for this weekend? Don't know wether to come along Friday evening or Saturday morning...

Brodie-72X
16-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Ooh, what he asked. & what's a good RC store in the Wiltshire area?

James
16-05-2013, 06:51 PM
What is the timetable for this weekend? Don't know wether to come along Friday evening or Saturday morning...


Practice doesn't start until 9.30am saturday morning so I think you'd be ok coming sat morning.

We are going to have to be flexible due to the potential rain forecast on saturday but our proposed schedule is:

Saturday:
Practice 9.30 - 11.30am
Heat 1 Round 1 on the line at 12pm
Followed by rounds 2 and 3 - and possibly 4 depending on rain etc

Sunday:
9.30am Heat 1 round 5 followed by 6th round (if we have it)
Bump up finals - 3 to bump up
Top 5 from each semi into the A main


We may have to adapt this schedule due to rain, but the current schedule is purposefully very flexible so we can fit in for definite 4 rounds and hopefully upto 6 even if we have extended rain breaks when we will pull the covers on (with a bit of help from the racers hopefully ;) ).

If the clay track is on a 'break' under the covers while rain passes you will be welcome to run around on the adjacent astroturf track with pleasure if those thumbs are itchy!

Been working on the track today and its looking good :thumbsup:

Any other questions just ask!

Gibopel
16-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Not going to have p t till after event so if handouts available I will book in online ta in advance Andy

James
16-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Yes we have some handouts..

Gibopel
16-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Thank you booking in now see you all saturday