View Full Version : Help RC10
dancr125
13-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Can any1 help identifying chassis.i have looked through some pics on rc10 forum .i thought it was the graphite version but I seems to be slightly different shape at the front also front shock tower seems to be taller than most .although I did find a lot of usefull info ie 6 gear box ,Andys rear wishbones
Naushad
13-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Is it an Andy's composite?
dancr125
13-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Don't know why it didn't upload pics
dancr125
13-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Is it an Andy's composite?
Don't know lol
Naushad
13-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Hope the missus in the front doesn't mind!:woot:
dancr125
13-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Hope the missus in the front doesn't mind!:woot:
Haha I just realised and changed it lol
Naushad
13-03-2013, 10:36 AM
I think it is Andy's composite
Have a careful look and compare the screwholes, though it looks like others have been drilled? I think your car is a combo of parts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Team-Associated-RC10-Andys-Composite-Graphite-Chassis-Project-/160966095883?nma=true&si=EuOA21gKVa166ZV%252BooSB3nLnZcg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
If so you have a pretty sought after chassis I believe. Fits with the Andy's arms you have.
Of course I may be wrong!
dancr125
13-03-2013, 10:39 AM
More pics
dancr125
13-03-2013, 10:53 AM
More pics more
DerbyDan
13-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Thats a pretty wild front shock tower!
I actually think that its a 'Houge' chassis... it has holes to run the trailing arm set-up like this one;
http://www.apexspeed.com/doug/rc/vintage/rc10_cardinal/cardinal_rc10_035.jpg
The Andy's one was more of a kind of moulded chassis rather than being a peice of composite?
Naushad
13-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Yeah you are right Dan...the trailing arms led me to initially suspect an Andy's
dancr125
13-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Thats a pretty wild front shock tower!
I actually think that its a 'Houge' chassis... it has holes to run the trailing arm set-up like this one;
http://www.apexspeed.com/doug/rc/vintage/rc10_cardinal/cardinal_rc10_035.jpg
The Andy's one was more of a kind of moulded chassis rather than being a peice of composite?
Yea seems more like it apart from rear wishbones are different. Front shock tower from sc10 or something else maybe
DerbyDan
13-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Yea seems more like it apart from rear wishbones are different. Front shock tower from sc10 or something else maybe
Your chassis has the mounting holes to run the same 'trailing arm' set-up as the car in the photo, yours is just fitted with the regular RC10 'H' arms - I don't thing the Houge chassis was drilled to accept the mounts in their regular arrangement, but there certainly the room for someone to drill their own ;)
Here's an interesting thread on another forum;
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=18921
dancr125
13-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Your chassis has the mounting holes to run the same 'trailing arm' set-up as the car in the photo, yours is just fitted with the regular RC10 'H' arms - I don't thing the Houge chassis was drilled to accept the mounts in their regular arrangement, but there certainly the room for someone to drill their own ;)
Here's an interesting thread on another forum;
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=18921
Thanks really helpful do you think this is worth any money
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.