PDA

View Full Version : Servo issues!


Darren Wales
13-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Think I'm in need of a decent servo.

Anyone got any decent ones going spare?

Or should I just get one of these? http://www.jemodels.com/petrol-models?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=14214&category_id=638 they look pretty decent and reasonable.

Any advice?

Darren

losichris
13-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Think I'm in need of a decent servo.

Anyone got any decent ones going spare?

Or should I just get one of these? http://www.jemodels.com/petrol-models?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=14214&category_id=638 they look pretty decent and reasonable.

Any advice?


Darren

savox are good, the bigger version is a bit quicker and stronger plus you can buy spare gear sets. im using anderson servos now cause im sick of breaking gears

rapidrubberwill
13-03-2013, 04:09 PM
I HAVE ONE IN MY COUGAR SV2 NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT BUT I ALSO BOUGHT 2 OF THE ALTURN FROM JE CHEAP AND JUST AS GOOD ONE IS IN MY CAT AND ONE IS IN MY SCT JUST AS FAST AND FOR NO MONEY THEY ARE WORTH A LOOK

Cremegg
13-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Agree with the alturns, I run one in my 22 and it does the business and for £20...can't go wrong

Maddy
13-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Alturns are great darren,super quick and very strong,just dont seen to work with the dualsky esc,even with a power cap fitted,far to much glitching.

Chris Elworthy
13-03-2013, 05:49 PM
I've heard good things about the Alturn's also so I would give those a go if I was you Darren.

The savox's are popular but I do seem to hear a lot of niggling issues with them especially the low profile models. That said I haven't used one myself, I'm still rocking a 15 year old K.O propo fet that will probably still be working when I'm long gone!

Chris

birdy
13-03-2013, 07:25 PM
I've been using the Alturn LP also, no trouble up to now and you can get two for the price of others.

Darren Wales
13-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Of the ones on offer at je which one is best then?

I may as well buy 2 for the price of a savox. :thumbsup:

Maddy
13-03-2013, 07:59 PM
http://www.jemodels.com/nitro-models?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=14065&category_id=287&keyword=

Howler
13-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Savox 1251MG... as per my text ;)

Verde
13-03-2013, 08:56 PM
I've got a 1251 had no problems with it. Also have an Alturn which seems just as quick - although did manage to strip a low profile Alturn in a big crash, but wasn't using a servo saver. Didn't stop me buying another though. Also used a 1258tg on my 4wd, but it kept drawing too much power (even with a capacitor fitted) and caused constant brown outs with the rx.

Darren Wales
13-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Savox 1251MG... as per my text ;)

I will try em both then :thumbsup:

Cheers chaps

Gavin Collingwood
13-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Get a second hand KO fet I'm using a 2123 in both 2wd & 4WD bought them both for £15 each. They're still superb. You expect them to be for £90 when they were new. I've heard or centering issues with savox

Gavin Collingwood
13-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Also alturn is too slow at 0.14 sec that's why it's cheap, 0.06 sec is more the speed you want

JonyNitro
13-03-2013, 10:40 PM
If you want a full size servo any of the highest range will do, Modelsport have them in At£55 Je will price match

budfish
13-03-2013, 10:45 PM
You want a savox 1258tg ttitainium gears rather than metal gears hence the "tg"

coleman758
13-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Electrics are very much a case of you get what you pay for!