PDA

View Full Version : Foams for Mini 8ight


CC44
13-03-2013, 06:32 PM
I've been trying to get some foams to fit on my Mini 8ight - 1/10th Contact tyres (J13503) 26mm fit on the back fine but rub on the steering ball joints on the front - unless I do some serious hacking, I'm not sure they will ever give enough clearance so my question is........

What foams are being used on the front on Mini 8ight's?

Cheers

:confused:

mrspeedy
13-03-2013, 10:49 PM
I'm not sure why you are having issues fitting foams on your Mini8, we use foam tyres on our Mini8 rally cars and don't have any clearance problems ..

CC44
14-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the reply - which foams are they? Any item numbers would be good.

Thanks

:thumbsup:

beale
15-03-2013, 01:30 PM
I use Ennetti foams on mine they fit straight out the box and look better, the shore ratings do appear harder than Contacts but 40f 32r seem good on our old carpet

mrspeedy
15-03-2013, 06:30 PM
We have used several different types as far as I can remember .. inc the Contacts .. Think Geckos are a safe bet if you can find some .. TBH I haven't found any that don't fit !!

Dombrasky
16-03-2013, 12:09 AM
I have FAST foams that i used on my shark that rub on the ball cup on my mini8 at the front
i had some 2mm spacers in my box that i used, as the hex in the wheel is deep
enough, it must be to do with the offset

CC44
18-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Gentlemen,

thanks for the posts. Took Dremel to some contact foams (inside of wheel) & used a washer. Sorted/

Cheers

:thumbsup: