PDA

View Full Version : R10 esc - red light on throttle??


Shaun_TLR
14-03-2013, 01:24 AM
I run 2 x r10 ESC 160amp r10 speedos. I noticed the last time I raced that one of them has a red led that illuminates when you pull the throttle trigger. The other glows green, which is more intuitive and what other racers at my club expected when I asked for their advice.

I've been through the speedo settings box and there's no obvious settings that would allow for this.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm a bit worried it could be a problem and\or cause damage eventually? Generally red lights aren't good news.

Otherwise the ESC is behaving and drives fine. Really strange??

Thanks in advance.

Neil Skull
14-03-2013, 09:21 AM
I cant remember the light sequence without a manual to hand.
If you get something odd I would just re-set the ESC to your radio.
It may be the end point has been messed up!

RogerM
14-03-2013, 12:38 PM
The sequence is

neutral / centrepoint = no light
red light = "some" throttle or brake
green light = "full" throttle or brake

If you have your radio set up properly then you should get a green light at full stick / trigger travel unless you have your End Point Adjustment turned down, say to limit the amount of braking you have.

Every so often I reset my speedos for throttle travel as I'm sure that the settings on transmitters drift a little bit, always reset after having done any updates or setting changes via the PC.

Hope that helps.