View Full Version : Meeting on the 24th march at count hill track designers
Gavin Collingwood
17-03-2013, 12:01 AM
It's now a week until next weeks meeting at count hill on the 24th of march and we need one possibly two designated track designers for the meeting, as me and chris elworthy did this at the last meeting it would be nice to see other volunteers willing to have a go who can be at the track for 9AM to have control of the track layout. this is the last indoor meeting, lets make it a good one! If you're interested In Doing this please message me and you'll be assigned to this job, this is on a first come first serve basis
Regards
Gav
Bury metro rcc oople rep
Darren Wales
17-03-2013, 08:47 PM
It's now a week until next weeks meeting at count hill on the 24th of march and we need one possibly two designated track designers for the meeting, as me and chris elworthy did this at the last meeting it would be nice to see other volunteers willing to have a go who can be at the track for 9AM to have control of the track layout. this is the last indoor meeting, lets make it a good one! If you're interested In Doing this please message me and you'll be assigned to this job, this is on a first come first serve basis
Regards
Gav
Bury metro rcc oople rep
Gents,
I was hoping that we would have a slightly better response to this ask! but despite 44 views, no takers as yet.
To be clear, this is not an ask for people to help build the track, as I would hope we get enough people to do this as we did at the last indoor, this is a request for TRACK DESIGNERS, who will be able to put some of their ideas onto the floor.
Gavin and Chris did a great job last time and the track was well received, especially the cross over. So come on gents, we get lots of feedback and ideas, this is a chance to show your work.
Darren
Si Coe
17-03-2013, 09:22 PM
In fairness 2 of the views were me, and I'm not designing or building the track!
Shall I get some more duct tape out of the kitty or can someone else get it and I'll reimburse? We've got 2 rolls left, which is about enough for the straight......
Darren Wales
17-03-2013, 09:37 PM
In fairness 2 of the views were me, and I'm not designing or building the track!
Shall I get some more duct tape out of the kitty or can someone else get it and I'll reimburse? We've got 2 rolls left, which is about enough for the straight......
Not sure if it was Dave Lockley or Paul Stringer who was at the EGM who mentioned they can get duct tape in bulk! I'm not sure of their names on here though!
Gents,, if your reading can you pm Si Coe please?
Si, if we get no joy, then get some from Kitty, but don't overdo it as I believe it goes off so not worth bulk buying as its the last indoor.
Are you confirming Race Control duties?
Cheers
Darren
Si Coe
17-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Well I at least have to bring it and set it up. If someone else want to run (or help run) thats great with me but truth be told I enjoyed myself last time.
birdy
18-03-2013, 07:08 AM
Well I at least have to bring it and set it up. If someone else want to run (or help run) thats great with me but truth be told I enjoyed myself last time.
I will give you a hand Si, still need to learn BBK abit.
But I'm only gonna help you if you return my calls!!!
Si Coe
18-03-2013, 04:12 PM
My phone lives on silent (I'm a teacher remember!) so I never know when people ring.
Its normally better to email me or PM me here!
losichris
18-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Hows about this, needs a few extra jumps i think, but i think the layout is ok.
Ive used a rhythm section bit near rostrum, so small jump then onto a small tabletop, that hopefully means using the up/down bit of the tabletop.
Any thoughts?
http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=706&pictureid=5977
Gavin Collingwood
20-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Track designers for this weekend are Chris Donelly and myself, we are going roughly with the design above.
Gav
Chris Elworthy
20-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Good track but could be a bit of a quick lap? (Sub 20 secs) doesn't the timing system play up when we are lapping so fast?
Chris
Gavin Collingwood
20-03-2013, 12:46 PM
It's just a guide we'll make sure there's no wasted space like on the drawing so maybe adding chicanes here and there
Gavin Collingwood
20-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Also maybe run it in reverse, it would be good to maybe have a hairpin carpet first corner rather than the usual sweeper on slippy just for a change.
losichris
20-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Also maybe run it in reverse, it would be good to maybe have a hairpin carpet first corner rather than the usual sweeper on slippy just for a change.
yeah that was the next idea, run reverse.
also no sure it'll be quicker than 20"s with the obstycles in place.
think its going to be a good track , if i dont say so myself :)
Darren Wales
20-03-2013, 10:47 PM
yeah that was the next idea, run reverse.
also no sure it'll be quicker than 20"s with the obstycles in place.
think its going to be a good track , if i dont say so myself :)
Liking it Chris, my first thought was looks a bit of a fast lap, but like the idea of it being reversed and there is plenty of room to slow it down a little.
:thumbsup:
Shame I'm working?
Darren
Gavin Collingwood
23-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Racing still on as usual despite the snow. Roads are clear but keep an eye on here for updates
Gav
Bmrccc oople rep
Si Coe
23-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Same plan as last time - doors open at 9, lets get plenty of people building the track.
Last time worked really well. I want to try to get the first heat out at 11, so finishing booking in around 10:30-10:45. Earlier start means more time on track.
We'll need duct tape, I'll try to get some more (only 2 rolls) but wasn't planning on going DIY shopping. If you can get a load let me know and I'll not bother.
birdy
23-03-2013, 04:11 PM
I've got two rolls.
Holden1979
23-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Great to see its still on at the moment, been looking forward to it for weeks, not raced in about 10 years
Si Coe
23-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Its alright, my Father in Law just picked us up another 4 rolls in silver, black and white. But I think I'll keep the white at least.....
Leightomeverett
23-03-2013, 05:12 PM
A word of warning for you guys I live in Counthill and the snow drifts are making it impossible to get to the school today. There is a tractor currently digging the road out so you should be ok. But make sure you set off earlier than you usually would !
Leightomeverett
23-03-2013, 05:16 PM
This was the middle of the road half way up the lamp post an hour ago !
http://twitter.com/Leightomeverett/status/315494695826501632/photo/1
Gavin Collingwood
23-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Me and Chris will be fine, QUATTRO POWER!
birdy
23-03-2013, 05:35 PM
This was the middle of the road half way up the lamp post an hour ago !
http://twitter.com/Leightomeverett/status/315494695826501632/photo/1
Can't see the picture on here
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8522/8582467681_30f18638ab.jpg
PM sent to Leightomeverett for contact details for a update!!
Leightomeverett
23-03-2013, 06:02 PM
The tractor has made it up to the school now. You will be fine going Up Counthill Road now but I wouldn't go the other way up Haven lane as the road is closed due to the drifts I think the tractor has gone that way maybe to dig it out however I can't confirm this.
Gavin Collingwood
23-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Snow is forecast to head south so hopefully won't hit us
Holden1979
23-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Just wondering if there will be an update on here in the morning to say if the meeting will be on or off.
Maddy
23-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Dont forget about where all the gear is,Snow drifts might be covering the doors round the back.
birdy
23-03-2013, 07:43 PM
We will try and update once we get to the track.
Chris Elworthy
23-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Good point from Maddy there. Ha anybody got space in their car for a few spades just in case? Doubt we could fit anymore in Gav's Malibu barbie car!
Chris
Maddy
23-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Looking at marks photos i think you might need more than a spade mate.lol
Big Show
23-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Take a look at the pictures in my new post about sunday racing. Its horrid up thier. I know thier only drifts but they are 6 foot high.
Gavin Collingwood
23-03-2013, 07:56 PM
It'll be fine everybody stop panicking. Plus Chris that Malibu Barbour is a Trojan in the snow and makes yours look like a little bitch
birdy
23-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Just spoken to Darren, we have decided to call the meeting off as the road cannot be guaranteed to be clear.
Holden1979
23-03-2013, 08:13 PM
We will try and update once we get to the track.
Great, thanks will check on here before setting off, Thanks
Holden1979
23-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Great, thanks will check on here before setting off, Thanks
Sorry just seen the last post, gutted :(
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.