PDA

View Full Version : What tyres


Dr coolio
17-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Just wanted to know what tyres I should get because I'm going to modelsport in the Easter holidays when I get some money;)

Dr coolio
19-03-2013, 05:52 PM
I've heard shcumacers are good

PeteMason
19-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Think most run yellow schumacher mini pins but scumacher yellow mini spikes also work very well too.

Col
19-03-2013, 08:48 PM
If you get Schumacher "yellow" minipins they are great for indoors (maybe a bit twitchy for a newbe depending on motor, but they are the fastest).

If you get Schumacher "yellow" minispikes they will work both indoor and out (in dry to mildly damp conditions)

Danny Harrison
19-03-2013, 10:56 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124180

Post 8 and 12 :p

It must be bad advice if I say it :cry:

Aire valley
19-03-2013, 11:03 PM
I would go for the Schumacher "yellow" mini SPIKES because there are only a couple of indoor meetings before we go outdoors....... The mini spikes will be ok outside but mini pins won't ...! :cry:

Dr coolio
20-03-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm so sorry I knew somebody told me about tyres but i forgot sorry:cry:

Danny Harrison
20-03-2013, 10:24 PM
haha, I'm only winding you, I'm still reletively new myself. Take the above advice m8. Get some schumacher yellow compound mini spikes.

You will need 4wd fronts, and rears will just be labelled rear.

You also want the schumacher blue medium inserts. MB models is a good place to buy them from.

If your current wheels have tyres glued on you'll also need the correct wheels for the new tyres. I think your car has 14mm hex fitment, but best to check first :)

Dr coolio
22-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Can i come onsunday and race with my Pre glued tyres :cry:

Danny Harrison
22-03-2013, 08:01 AM
You can use any tires you like, but it I doubt it will be an enjoyeable first experience. On my lads car it was like driving on ice. He had no chance. I'd lend you some but my wheel fitment is different to yours.

If its just because you cant get hold of them in time, I think there will be a shop on the day you could buy them from, or you can buy a set of tires off me that I havn't mounted yet. It's not a cheap hobby though, Works out about 25-30 quid for a set of wheels, tires and inserts....

Dr coolio
22-03-2013, 10:28 AM
That's my problem u have run out of money and I only get my pocket money every mounts so in the Easter holidays I will get some new ones

Danny Harrison
22-03-2013, 10:52 AM
If you can get some acetone by tomorrow to get tyres off the rims you can stick some of my old ones on. What is your wheel fitment?

Use what you have failing that, it will let you see what the racing is like, you'll still enjoy it and be able to practice your drifting skills ;)

Dr coolio
22-03-2013, 01:55 PM
I think I'm just going to have to do the best with these tyres because I don't know much about them and by the way it's snowing we're i live. Hope it goes away soon:D

Danny Harrison
25-03-2013, 03:30 PM
I think I'm just going to have to do the best with these tyres because I don't know much about them and by the way it's snowing we're i live. Hope it goes away soon:D

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125378

These wheels will fit your car. :thumbsup:

Tobamory
29-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Are you coming Sunday culio ?