View Full Version : Radio gear for a 6 year old
evertonal
18-03-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm after some advice, I am looking for a transmitter that a 6 year old can use without it being too big for his hands. Can anyone recommend any, please?
Lee24h
18-03-2013, 06:14 PM
I personally think you should try him on a wheel and stick transmitter see which one him he prefers first then once thats guaged i would say invest in something decent i like the futaba 3gr it has quite a bulky design but a quite a good size or even a ko propo esprit
I cant help with a wheel radio as i dont use them
However a decent radio will last and are not too bad in price second hand on here.
I know people who have many problems with the etronix pulse code radio thing
kartstuffer
19-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Sanwa mx3 or the new equivelent.
but any 2.4 wheel really as young hands cant hold a stick radio. The specktrum basics are small as well.
StevenBest
19-03-2013, 09:31 PM
I have seen a number of young racer's using the Spektrum DX3C wheel transmitter.
It's light, small and can be bought brand new for £75!
I even use it, it does everything that any £1M transmitter does (thats how much most cost):p
Steven:)
Link: http://www.modelsport.co.uk/spektrum-dx3c-3ch-dsm2-surface-radio/rc-car-products/39532
djmcnz
19-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Sanwa mx3 or the new equivelent.
but any 2.4 wheel really as young hands cant hold a stick radio. The specktrum basics are small as well.
This. Exactly this.
The MX3 (FM), MX3-FG (2.4), MX3-X (2.4 gen2) is the perfect pistol radio for a young one. It's light, inexpensive, really well featured for the price, durable and has quite a small grip (many 'adults' add grip tape to make it a little bigger).
If you have FM gear try and find an MX3, if you have 2.4GHz gear then try and pick up an FG which will be less expensive than the X and a 6 year old won't notice the difference.
Sanwa and AirTronics are the same brand, depending on your region you may need to search for both.
Getting a radio like this which is not bottom-of-the-range, will allow your boy to grow with the radio without needing to replace it for new features. The MX3 series has enough features for a club racer without making anything too complex.
And as it happens I have some recent photos here: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69461
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.