View Full Version : BEST PLACE TO BUY CHEAPISH SENSORED MOTOR'S AND ESC
declan46
20-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Can someone help me with buying sensored motor and esc :) i need 2 of each, 8.5 and 6.5 motors :)
mark christopher
20-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Can you please stop using Caps , it implies your SHOUTING!!
do you want advice on what to buy or some one to take you to a shop to buy one or some one to stump up the cash?:confused:
what car/class/track and racing are you doing?
declan46
20-03-2013, 09:09 PM
sorry :) i want to buy it online if i can, i race 10th scale buggy's 4wd at seaham and i want decent motors and esc's i only want to spend around 30 on each motor and cheapest esc's :) but its got to be sensored :)
thankss
Tom3012
20-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Second hand is your best bet for £30, check the for sale section on here
Andyp
20-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Declan, I think you are going to struggle a little with your budget, I race on at seaham also, it seems what you have at the moment is ok ish to get you going, I'm not sure if you can extend your budget or wait a while, save up and spend a little more on you electrics as if you are buying cheap you may end up buying twice as you get better or want more from your setup
Here are a couple of good motors on offer
http://www.jemodels.com/megaspecials?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=13253&category_id=1423
http://www.jemodels.com/megaspecials?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=13255&category_id=1423
As for a ESC, if you was to buy new I would say you need to be spending £100-£150 ish I would say as I'm guessing you want to upgrade on what you have now?
Frost
20-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Why do you need two of each? Just baught a hpi flux pro for just under 40, new.
V6Jim
20-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Check out some of the prices here:
http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__418__182__Speed_Controllers-Car_ESC.html
Prices in dollars, but there is a UK warehouse now. Don't buy your motors from this website though as none of the motors (as far as I know) are BRCA legal. The speedos are super cheap and probably OK. Good chance they are the same as the Hobbywing equivalents.
You could always plump for a Hobbywing too. Good speedos and not expensive. No need to spend hundreds of pounds on a speedo.
Hope this helps!
Jimmy
declan46
20-03-2013, 10:40 PM
What do yous think about turnigy track star motors sensored? >>> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__31200__Turnigy_TrackStar_9_5T_Sensored_Brushless _Motor_4120KV_UK_Warehouse_.html
V6Jim
20-03-2013, 10:49 PM
By all accounts the Turnigy stuff is decent quality. But isn't BRCA legal.
Jimmy
declan46
20-03-2013, 11:21 PM
ah no way i just lost my job i cant afford the expensibve ones:(
Steven Forster
21-03-2013, 12:22 PM
ah no way i just lost my job i cant afford the expensibve ones:(
I know the feeling declan, im being made redundant this week or next.............Ive got a cheap LRP esc and 9.5t motor if your interested ???
May need a sensor lead.......let me know and i will bring it with me on sunday ;)
AfroP
21-03-2013, 12:49 PM
What do yous think about turnigy track star motors sensored? >>> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__31200__Turnigy_TrackStar_9_5T_Sensored_Brushless _Motor_4120KV_UK_Warehouse_.html
I have an 8.5t Turnigy that seems to go alright.
I'll need to replace it for regionals though as its not BRCA legal
Steven Forster
21-03-2013, 01:12 PM
I have an 8.5t Turnigy that seems to go alright.
I'll need to replace it for regionals though as its not BRCA legal
Wont make any difference at our regionals paul, they arnt that strict on the brca rules ;)
Darren Boyle
21-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Wont make any difference at our regionals paul, they arnt that strict on the brca rules ;)
Not somthing that shoud really be said on a public forum, if it is a BRCA regional they should be running to strict BRCA rules.
Dont shoot the messenger here, only stating the obvious before soemone else does...
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.