View Full Version : Blown novak GTB
Bungleaio
20-07-2008, 04:55 PM
A couple of fets on my GTB gave up on saturday, does anyone know of anywhere that could repair it or whether is is repairable?
Cheers
James
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r50/Bungleaio/20072008410.jpg
tony6187
20-07-2008, 05:24 PM
i think cml would be the ones to contact.they are the uk distributures so should be able to point you in the right direction
dan_kitty
20-07-2008, 07:26 PM
i assume its out of warrenty, but you can still send it back to novak and they can replace it for a refurbished/new one for a fee
see the non warrenty returns section on the website
costs add up a bit after shipping and handling but still alot cheaper than buying a new one
hth
Bungleaio
20-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Its only a few months old but I got it from a shop in the states I presume I have no warranty. I'll make some phone calls tomorrow and see what I can do, thanks for your help
Bungleaio
21-07-2008, 11:28 AM
I've spoken to CML who put me onto a fella that they send their none warranty stuff to, unfortunately he thinks the board is too badly burnt so its new esc time for me.
Tansley
08-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Hi, 4 weeks ago my friends GTB went up in a cloud of black smoke, 2 weeks ago so did mine. I have been told the GTB is prone to this especially if the transmitter ISN'T tuned on, the battery in the car is connected and the wheels / steering is turned, i'm told because there is no diode in the circuit the stering servo, back feeds to the SC, so burning it out. We have both gone for the Speed Pashion SC.
:(
super__dan
08-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Turning the wheels by hand on a FET servo has always never been a very good idea as you send spikes back through it. Was it a 6V FET servo?
danDanEFC
09-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Yes it was
Both Tommys and mine were both 6v fet servos
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.