View Full Version : Weather. Sunday 24
Aire valley
23-03-2013, 04:04 PM
What is the weather like at Whitclife. .? Deep snow here in Wharfedale ..;)
Is racing still on tomorrow ....?
Great_Thark
23-03-2013, 05:04 PM
If I can get out of the end of my road, the only problem I can see is getting the track stuff from the container to the hall. the center is open today
Oscar
23-03-2013, 05:31 PM
It's pretty mad here too, we have drifts of literally over a metre :woot:
No chance of getting my car off the road, but should be OK to get the Mrs's out so would attend if we are still on??
Who else is palnning on coming if the meeting isn't cancelled?
Great_Thark
23-03-2013, 06:21 PM
my cars looking like a no go and havn't got a mrs i'll have another go in the morning if its still on
Bells
23-03-2013, 07:36 PM
I will nip down in the morning about 10 ish and have a look then let you know , like Paul said its the gear in the container that's the problem I'm sure kirklees council will have cleared the car park , but they may not have touched the overflow car park ! Maybe Diane knows ?
we re coming if on :woot:
Dr coolio
23-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Hopefully be there;) if on so excited full of snow and took my car in it:thumbsup: sank quite quickly putting my car in its case with lipo charged up :p
Jabber
23-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Am planning on going too.
Gavin Collingwood
23-03-2013, 08:50 PM
You'll have a few from bury if its on too, as the bury meeting is off.
Chris Elworthy
23-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Myself and a mate are intending on coming tomorrow for the first time. What time should we arrive provided the meeting is on of course?
Chris
Dr coolio
23-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Ohhh so excited feel 4 again:D
Great_Thark
23-03-2013, 09:12 PM
I will nip down in the morning about 10 ish and have a look then let you know , like Paul said its the gear in the container that's the problem I'm sure kirklees council will have cleared the car park , but they may not have touched the overflow car park ! Maybe Diane knows ?
after that, could you nip to halifax with a shovel :thumbsup:
Swell
23-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Myself and a mate are intending on coming tomorrow for the first time. What time should we arrive provided the meeting is on of course?
Chris
1.00 normally, then build track quick as pos....
Tobamory
23-03-2013, 09:42 PM
The question is do I come, only landed this morning at 7am eyes are stinging been up 30 hours,
I've only donutted the car in kitchen not even opened it up on the street as its now snowing and was raining before I left. Mmmmmmmmmm
Do I just bite the bullet and first drive it in a race lol
See what snows like tomorrow, was pretty crap this morning on m62 m606 was one lane
Rob
P.s who's the guy who sells stuff by the track, what's his name on here? Or what's his shop
Thanks
Oscar
23-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Mike Parker, Number 5 designs I think is the shop name?
Dr coolio
23-03-2013, 09:48 PM
What car is it rob? Is it rob?
Tobamory
23-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Thanks, I don't thii Mikes going then till next week, I have been messaging him about a custom paint job, I think he said he's next there Easter weekend
Dr Coolio yes it Rob
I have a K1 and a nearly complete 44.2 but I'm missing radio gear for the 44.2, I could have bought some from Mike if he had Been coming
I'm short
Radio gear
A motor ( do have a 4.5 ) but too mad for indoor
Also would like some motor bullet connectors as suggested by Alan ( aire valley)
As the esc has short wires
I'll try get there Coolio as I did say I'd meet ya, snow depending. Coming from pudsey
My cars more or less ready just need some fancy tie wrapping and more sticky stuff, but think I could wing it I did fit the 6.5 in just before I went away and it was working
Dr coolio
23-03-2013, 10:14 PM
It's fine I might not be able to make it either due to living a bit further away from you but trying to get my dad to take me and I think he will:D
neallewis
23-03-2013, 11:21 PM
I'll be coming, despite the 3-4ft drifts up here. cleared the car and driveway this aft and been to the main road and back. I'll get out and to the centre for sure, if its on.
Might I suggest we bring a few snow shovels if we need to clear a pathway to the container?
oranjedrol
24-03-2013, 12:42 AM
I'm planning to come aswell
Bells
24-03-2013, 09:06 AM
I ve just got back from having a look at the sports centre the entrance to the car park is compact snow and ice and the main car park has not been cleared at all the overflow car park has some drifting snow on it , I personally won't be going , I did manage to get into the car park with 4wd , if your car is a poor in snow I think you will really struggle
I will post a couple of pics shortly
Dr coolio
24-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Does that mean its not on ?
Bells
24-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Does that mean its not on ?
That's not my decision mate I just went for a look
Dr coolio
24-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Who tells us if its in or off then
Oscar
24-03-2013, 09:25 AM
As we speak, Dianne is trying to contact the sports centre, after she has spoken to them she will be able to advise if the meeting can run or not.
Bells
24-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Pics
Great_Thark
24-03-2013, 10:01 AM
I ve just got back from having a look at the sports centre the entrance to the car park is compact snow and ice and the main car park has not been cleared at all the overflow car park has some drifting snow on it , I personally won't be going , I did manage to get into the car park with 4wd , if your car is a poor in snow I think you will really struggle
I will post a couple of pics shortly
I thought your previous comment about the council having cleared it was a bit optimistic :p
You would think the staff would clear the ramp :thumbdown:
jampat2004
24-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Car park not bad at all hardly any snow we got 20 ft drifts in barnoldswick and il be coming.Many hands make light work, we only need to bring enough stuff out of the container to make a simple track forget the heavy stuff like those silly mats.
Balls in the sports halls hands sounds like the hardened racers would like a meeting so just let's hope sports hall allows us.fingers crossed
DianneH
24-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Sorry everyone - duty manager has cancelled due to issues with access to the car park and to the container - also cannot get the gates open for access from the container to the back door.
jampat2004
24-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Shame looks like its f1 and tidying the house today.was looking forward to bringing Kai.Oh we'll next time then.
Great_Thark
24-03-2013, 10:15 AM
as they didn't give 6 weeks notice does that mean club gets money back for the 10th :lol:
Bells
24-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Car park not bad at all hardly any snow we got 20 ft drifts in barnoldswick and il be coming.Many hands make light work, we only need to bring enough stuff out of the container to make a simple track forget the heavy stuff like those silly mats.
Balls in the sports halls hands sounds like the hardened racers would like a meeting so just let's hope sports hall allows us.fingers crossed
Yeah it doesn't look deep on pic , I think we would have needed ice picks to dig it up though
Dr coolio
24-03-2013, 10:17 AM
so its definetly not on:(
Bells
24-03-2013, 10:23 AM
I thought your previous comment about the council having cleared it was a bit optimistic :p
You would think the staff would clear the ramp :thumbdown:
Council busy this morning clearing this road I took to sports centre
Danny Harrison
24-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Gutted :thumbdown:
Need a racing fix, seaham is on, them northerners dont let a bit of snow ruin there days racing :woot:
Great_Thark
24-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Gutted :thumbdown:
Need a racing fix, seaham is on, them northerners dont let a bit of snow ruin there days racing :woot:
this is probably because they haven't got any.
Tobamory
24-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Oo well at least it gives me time to get the 44.2 worthy.
NeilRalph77
24-03-2013, 04:52 PM
20 ft drifts in barnoldswick
Where????????????????????????????????????????????? ???
jampat2004
24-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Where????????????????????????????????????????????? ???
Between crossgaits pub and the s bends me and Kai watched the diggers yesterday cut a path through.all the top road is single track.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.