View Full Version : Sunday racing
Big Show
23-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Hi guys. I have just been up to counthill school. Only managed to get as far as the mini roundabout at the bootom and got stuck. Its currently -1.5 temp and the road is iceing up. I tried going round the haven lane route and the snow drifts are 5-6 foot high. I have a friend who lives 100 yards from the school and he say's thier is no way we could get up thier only by tractor. So with this in mind I think we as a commity should call the meeting of or possible try to get up thier first thing in the morning. I will try to post pics of haven lane drifts. I am going to ring Darren Wales to see what he wants to do. So stay tunned.
Maddy
23-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Ive no chance on my bike then.
Cheers for the heads up mark.
Big Show
23-03-2013, 07:39 PM
No worries mate. I have spoke to Darren and told him that I think the meeting should be called off. He is going to speak to Si race controler and see what he says. But unless we have a heat wave in the morning its going to ice up which makes it even worse. Its bad now so in the morning we have no chance.
Maddy
23-03-2013, 07:43 PM
The pictures speak for themselves,its going to be another big task getting all the gear out of the store room too,gets very windy round the back and looking at that snow i bet it would drift right in that corner.
Big Show
23-03-2013, 07:49 PM
I live 2 mins down the road and the snow drift behind my back door was 3 foot high. I had to go round and dig out just so the dog could take a p**s. took me an hour to dig my car out.
Maddy
23-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Bloody ell,not sounding good then mate.
birdy
23-03-2013, 08:17 PM
We have decide to call the meeting off, no point on wasting time and money trying to get to the venue.
I will send a email to all club members later.
Big Show
23-03-2013, 08:23 PM
I think its the right decision. Its pretty grim up thier. As posted before my mate lives up thier and he's had a look and he thinks its thier till monday so he's not going to work as he is snowed in.
Si Coe
23-03-2013, 08:24 PM
I couldn't get my car up that hill last time it snowed and it wasn't that bad! Plus it wasn't laden down with all the race control gear.
Unless tomorrow is pretty amazing weather I can't see how its going to work. I'm sure we can get pretty close to Counthill, but if we can't actually get up the hill thats a pointless (and difficult) journey.
Whilst I'd rather the meeting went ahead (I have even more new alloy bits for my 210 - black not red but bling all the same!) its more important that all our members are safe. That road is very nasty in the snow.....
I'll check in the morning if someone local wants to give an update but if there is no 'its on' message assume its not on.
Maddy
23-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Better to be safe than sorry.
Gavin Collingwood
23-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Could we get another venue? I've been looking forward to this for weeks not to mention £20 worth of pins that will now be redundant until next winter grrrr
Big Show
23-03-2013, 08:28 PM
If I get up early enough I will go and have a look and see how it is, and post the results on here.
Big Show
23-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Gavin You could always run your pins at Goshen.
Maddy
23-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Nice 1 cheers mark
Gavin Collingwood
23-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Southport it probably is then, preferably batley
Si Coe
23-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Not sure you'll manage Batley - I gather its pretty grim heading over that way. No more snow tonight but freezing cold and high winds have blocked several routes over the top.
I'm thinking Southport, but not sure exactly how much the wife will kill me.....
rapidrubberwill
23-03-2013, 08:52 PM
If it's not on is southport just a club day ie just turn up and anyone know what time it starts
Si Coe
23-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Think its a regular club day, most people arrive around 10.
rapidrubberwill
23-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Cheers si southport it is then
Rickyktm
23-03-2013, 09:11 PM
iv just checked on southports web page and doors open at 10
Holden1979
23-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi, does anyone know what the weather is like towards southport ?
diago999
24-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Guys you could do an outdoor meeting at bury? Weather doesn't look like it would snow, and I went down yesterday, aside from being very cold it was okay,
losichris
24-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the heads up guys, was almost going to set off !!
Funny how english weather ruins outdoor racing and indoor racing.
Oh well, roll on summer next week :woot:
birdy
24-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Definite no Indoor or Outdoor meeting today.
Will look into something possibly over Easter.
johnnygibbon
24-03-2013, 10:03 AM
We can always get our drift cars out and race round indoor car parks
Snow Drifting
Might do a bit in my big car to
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.