View Full Version : Track ideas?
Gavin Collingwood
26-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Anyone have any track ideas for Sunday 31st? Please share so we can get started ASAP
Gav
losichris
26-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Anyone have any track ideas for Sunday 31st? Please share so we can get started ASAP
Gav
an indoor one :)
Gavin Collingwood
26-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Nope outdoor. Get yourself a tranny muff
longman
26-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Gavin have you got any news when the last indoor round will be run. chheers lee
Si Coe
26-03-2013, 08:08 PM
I suspect never. Neil was trying to see if the school could let us in some other time but I guess not.
Anyway its outdoor season time. Yes its -2 and still dropping the odd snowflake, but Easter always marks the start of our outdoor racing, so its time to get your yellow minispikes on and freeze.....
Rickyktm
26-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Any ideas on a good basic setup for the outdoor track at bury for the sx3.
Darren Wales
26-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Anyone have any track ideas for Sunday 31st? Please share so we can get started ASAP
Gav
Gav, I think we need to source a template in a computer program that can be easily used by most of us to create track ideas.
I know it can be done, just not my field of expertise.
If you can't do it then someone on here will be able to!
I will try and get over to the track on Sunday, although wont be racing as the Mrs has plans for me.
Darren
Si Coe
26-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Not had many SX3's at Bury before but Gav's looks mental quick round the track so I'd run his setup and work from that.
Darren Wales
26-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Duplicate
Cremegg
26-03-2013, 08:53 PM
I've found some track design software
I'll download it now and see what it's like and let you know
losichris
26-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Any ideas on a good basic setup for the outdoor track at bury for the sx3.
mine was good last time
front 4 hole pistons 450cst oil 4.0 spring
rear 4 hole pistons 350cst oil 2.5 spring
Cremegg
26-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Heres a basic design...i was just messing about to test it. its quite basic but does the job
there's a few different icons but can be interpreted for ramps and tabletops etc
its ok to be honest for free :)
Cremegg
26-03-2013, 09:15 PM
ive just found an updated version of the software with bumps, tabletops ect.
ill have another go lol
Cremegg
26-03-2013, 09:28 PM
version 2
damo_hall
26-03-2013, 09:38 PM
What time we starting sunday? Getting prepared to freeze my b***ocks off :lol:
birdy
26-03-2013, 10:34 PM
I've not had chance to call Waterhead Academy yet, been too busy at work.
Will still try to call them tomorrow.
Do we not still need some of our stuff from up there like the timing loop and marshal post's?
Gavin Collingwood
26-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Any ideas on a good basic setup for the outdoor track at bury for the sx3.
The main problem I've found with the sx3 in the dry at bury Is grip roll and high speed instability but I've changed to the 3 hole rounded pistons all round with the rears drilled out to 1.6mm. associated oil,4.0lbs front 2.0 lbs rear, 40wt front and 32.5wt rear inside hole all round on the shock tower outside all round on the arms 20 mm ride height. I've also been using the S1 chassis which has more flex but I've recently out the carbon fibre one back on to hopefully dial out done grip with less chassis flex. To be fair it's working progress so come back to me after a few outdoor meetings and it should be going quick
Gavin Collingwood
26-03-2013, 10:41 PM
version 2
That's the track we had last outdoor meeting....
Gavin Collingwood
26-03-2013, 10:44 PM
To be honest outdoor tracks aren't hard to build so prob best just doing it on the day.
Si Coe
26-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Because everything is basically already there and set, I'm not sure the outdoor tracks need a 'drawn up plan'. Mostly its just a case of dragging over the hoses to the right place and sticking in the jumps.
BUT
Its still better if the track has a single designer. That way at least it flows. Fast, big air, technical - I don't really mind as long as its consistent and that tends to come best from a single chief builder.
Also, as I've not quite got the hang of some of the finer aspects of race control can I have a typical lap time when we start booking it. BBK can cope fine with short laps IF I set the system for it, but I can't just look at the track and say 19 seconds like Rog could. I can leave the system set with a stupid short minimum lap but it would allow some serious cheating.....
Gavin Collingwood
26-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Yep agreed. Birdy should know how to alter the lap length. Out door the track should be 25-30 seconds long ideally
Cremegg
26-03-2013, 11:09 PM
Gav
Yes it was rough plan of the last track
It was just to test to show you what it is like
Si Coe
27-03-2013, 12:45 AM
I can adjust the timings on the computer easily enough, and there is no harm having a super quick lap, but the page you sent the minimum lap on is the 'Setup meeting' page before booking in.
You can go back to it once the meeting has started but that seems to be the primary cause of bluescreens.
I'm still not sure why we get bluescreens, but I now understand what actions tend to trigger them. Ideally if I can avoid those actions the computer won't crash.
Gavin Collingwood
27-03-2013, 07:29 AM
Just set it to 30 seconds then before booking in. We can always make it longer
birdy
27-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Si, I feel its the length of time for the last laps / time to finish the race that need's changing.
We can have a play on Sunday.
johnnygibbon
27-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Rob mills makes the best tracks
And has done for years my vote gos to him as head track designer outdoors
I don't mean he exclusively has to design and build but he always seems to have a good eye for what works out doors
I have some jump ideas to
Combining our existing wooden jumps to make new features
Also at the next meeting I am gonna be making a list of volunteers so we can get some track refurb done before regionals start
johnnygibbon
27-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Si, I feel its the length of time for the last laps / time to finish the race that need's changing.
We can have a play on Sunday.
+1
I agree with birdy on that one
Gavin Collingwood
27-03-2013, 10:11 AM
I think there are few more experienced racers who know how to build good tracks who have an eye for it also.... Basically experienced drivers know what makes a good track weather it be rob, myself, woody ect it's about knowing how many features to have or not to have, because you can quickly get a track that doesn't flow and it basically an obstacle course
budfish
27-03-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm biting my lips
Si Coe
27-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Makes a change from biting your pillow I guess.....
budfish
27-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Maybe that's how it rolls in your house but not in mine mate
losichris
28-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Think the weathers going to be kind to us on Sunday :thumbsup::thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.