PDA

View Full Version : another small truck!


Chris Doughty
13-10-2006, 09:38 AM
I know I don't run for Losi, but I saw this and was quite suprised!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0230

tell me how long it takes you to work out whats different

DCM
13-10-2006, 09:45 AM
it is freaking tiny.....

jimmy
13-10-2006, 09:51 AM
cool, 100 photos of it at the same angle going over the same obstacle. can we see inside it now please mr.losi

pretty cool though, it doesnt really do anything for me I have to say.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/Gallery/LOSB0230-2.jpg

Chris Doughty
13-10-2006, 09:55 AM
I would love to see inside it too!

I agree Jimmy, 32 pictures of the same angle... all with the body on!

if it gets 'proper' RC cars into the hands of people that would not normally use them then thats a good thing! :)

Rob Fitzgerald
13-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Thats smaller than a slot car !

Rob Fitzgerald
13-10-2006, 11:59 AM
WOW !

and it's only $80 - thats means it will only be about £150 when it gets here ;)

Also - alkaline charger ?

so you put duracells in a charger to charge the nimh in the truck ?

BenG
13-10-2006, 12:12 PM
meh, theres smaller:D

http://www.tyrc.co.uk/small.jpg

BenG
13-10-2006, 12:50 PM
its on the losi site too
http://www.teamlosi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0230
http://www.teamlosi.com/ProdInfo/Gallery/LOSB0230-9.jpg

Nick Goodall
13-10-2006, 02:00 PM
You probably can't remove the body as the circuitry inside is so delicate and small it's not really designed to be tampered with....

I sold a lot of these Micro R/C cars a couple of years back, mainly the Tomy Bit-charG sort of cars, although you could put different motors and batteries in i wouldn't say they were designed for everyone to tinker about with.

Look quite cool though, but soooooo small they're really not much good for anything other then playing on a desk/table etc.

BenG
13-10-2006, 02:41 PM
its more of a steerable scalextric car, it prolly uses supercharged scalextric motors, I think they are mubachhi type or summat? I would love to see someone fit a mamaba 18th brushless in this though:D:D:D

ryan
13-10-2006, 03:06 PM
hehe that is tiny!!
you wouldnt lose it by it going out of range you would lose it by not been able to see it:D lol. i think i would prefer a 1/18th so it would be sort of usable outside not just on your kitchen lino.
ryan