View Full Version : Charging Advice for Trakpower Saddles
peetbee
22-07-2008, 07:45 AM
Please excuse my numptyism, but I just wanted to check that I connect the saddles using the supplied wire with the balancer 'socket' on a positive terminal.
I can then plug in the balance lead to my charger and the saddles but how do I set up my charger?
I'm guessing that once they are connected as above they become a '2s1p' so I should select this and charge at 1c - 4.8amps.
Sorry to ask but each part of the saddle is labelled as a 3.7v battery so I got confused!
Chrislong
22-07-2008, 08:42 AM
Set it up to 2 cells. and 1C charge rate (4.8 amps for a 4800mah pack).
The link wire between the two saddles cells must be connected. This wire has a balance socket on, and it doesn;t matter what end this is at, that is insignificant.
If you have a balancer, plug it in to the small socket. then the big plugs go + to + and - to -, then hold charge til the screen says "CH". It is charged when it says "FU".
If you don't have a balancer. connect + to + and - to -, doesn't matter about the balance socket, but the 2 cells must be connected together otherwise it won't make a circuit and charge.
Chris
c0sie
22-07-2008, 08:53 AM
For some reason the fact that my charger says "FU" to me when ive finished charging just makes me chuckle lol
I was wondering the same thing thnough Pete :)
I use a Trakpower balancer on my 4800 saddles, in conjunction with an Intellipeak Ice charger.
As Chris says, set your charger to 1C, or 4.8 Amps in Lipo mode.
You then have to hold the button down on the balancer until the 2 arrows >> light up, then start your charger. If you don't the charger won't detect the cells (or that's what happens to me anyway).
And my balancer port is on the -ve side and I've had no problems.
Chrislong
22-07-2008, 09:35 AM
And my balancer port is on the -ve side and I've had no problems.
This is not significant, as long as it is somewhere on the wire between the saddles. It can be at either end. Insignificant.
Yes, forgot about that on the balancer. Link mode.
peetbee
22-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks, I thought I was on the right lines, but it's good to get more information!
Don't have the trakpower balancer, but my charger has a balance function in it. Will make sure it is set up as 2 cells though!
mark christopher
22-07-2008, 11:11 AM
as said charge em as you would run them in a car, 1c is recomend, so 3200 is 3.2 amps
yuo can charge each "bank" as an individual but it will take longer
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.