View Full Version : Notice for the meeting on the 31st
Gavin Collingwood
29-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Drivers just a reminder that the clocks go forward in the early hours of Sunday morning, remember to change your clocks otherwise you'll be an hour late.
We need as many people to give a hand as early as possible to get racing going ASAP
Gav
Si Coe
29-03-2013, 08:56 PM
You don't need to worry about stuff like that with a 2 year old. He'll be up at crack of dawn regardless of what the clock says and asking to watch Lightning Mcqueen. Again.
But yes - nice quick, early start = more rounds racing. Got to be good......
Gavin Collingwood
29-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Well I've gotta be at a meal for 4 pm so I may have to miss the finals..... Or be late dependant on how I do. But I think it's time for the 4wd to have its maiden race :-)
damo_hall
29-03-2013, 11:48 PM
Hoping to make my 1st appearance on sunday what time would you guys recommend getting there....
Gavin Collingwood
30-03-2013, 12:40 AM
10 am
Si Coe
30-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Ok - I know I said early start but I wasn't planning on 10am!
Our website says booking in 11.30, racing starts 12-12.30. That therefore is the time people who don't check Oople currently expect to start. I want to tighten that up a little and be racing by 12 at the latest. That means I'll open booking in at around 11.
You are welcome to turn up earlier and help set up the track, but I've got all the timing gear so there is no racing till I get there :p
johnnygibbon
30-03-2013, 09:19 AM
TFFT see ya all at 11
Gavin Collingwood
30-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Yeah maybe a little early. Prob half ten
Howler
30-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Ok - I know I said early start but I wasn't planning on 10am!
Our website says booking in 11.30, racing starts 12-12.30. That therefore is the time people who don't check Oople currently expect to start. I want to tighten that up a little and be racing by 12 at the latest. That means I'll open booking in at around 11.
You are welcome to turn up earlier and help set up the track, but I've got all the timing gear so there is no racing till I get there :p
I can change the website if you want?
Si Coe
30-03-2013, 09:38 AM
I think that might be an idea, but for tomorrow its a little short notice.
Holden1979
30-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Hi guys, it will be my 1st outing in over 10 years, but I will be there early to help with what ever needs doing. Looking forward to meeting you all
Wayne
bandit
30-03-2013, 10:42 AM
A longshot but here goes.:cry:
Has anyone got any yellow mini spikes spare for sale as I have no outdoor tyres ive just realised.
Or is anyone visiting a model shop today who can pick up a set if possible.
Si Coe
30-03-2013, 12:22 PM
If its dry enough pins will work too.
Actually I've got no new spikes either - I'll be running rather worn ones or dBoots instead.
Perhaps we should see about getting a bulk order in to sell at the track. Lots of clubs do this.
losichris
30-03-2013, 01:01 PM
A longshot but here goes.:cry:
Has anyone got any yellow mini spikes spare for sale as I have no outdoor tyres ive just realised.
Or is anyone visiting a model shop today who can pick up a set if possible.
ive got bnip 4wd front and rears
bandit
30-03-2013, 01:03 PM
ive got bnip 4wd front and rears
Perfect chris I will take them
:)
Darren Wales
30-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Was Chris selling them or just boasting????? :thumbsup:
Darren Wales
30-03-2013, 01:19 PM
If its dry enough pins will work too.
Actually I've got no new spikes either - I'll be running rather worn ones or dBoots instead.
Perhaps we should see about getting a bulk order in to sell at the track. Lots of clubs do this.
Not often said, but I think this may be a good idea. Although it will be another job for accounting. :thumbsup:
johnnygibbon
30-03-2013, 02:18 PM
I find fast tracks mini spikes work great at bury and they are 6 quid a set
2 quid cheaper than schuys
Maybe cml/fast tracks would be interested in sponsorship or some sort of bulk discount deal and we get a load of tyres cheap
They in return could put up some decals on the cabins or sign boards round the track
The oople race was sponsored by pro line and they had banners everywhere and there tyres ain't cheap
Just an idea but it could be good for bury track and its members
losichris
30-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Was Chris selling them or just boasting????? :thumbsup:
hehe he"ll find out tomoz
birdy
30-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Not often said, but I think this may be a good idea. Although it will be another job for accounting. :thumbsup:
You can get stuffed if that means more work for me ;-)
Think the earlier starts is a good idea!
Gavin Collingwood
30-03-2013, 06:03 PM
If you wanna use fast trax Jonny, go ahead... I ain't using cheap copies, Only the real deal
Big Show
30-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Went down to the track on friday afternoon to put a roll of hose and the marshall cones in the container. We took the cars for a quick rag around and the track was very dry. I used my indoor tyres and was getting grip role.
Gavin Collingwood
30-03-2013, 11:23 PM
You would with pins there's too much grip with them.
budfish
31-03-2013, 09:48 AM
If you wanna use fast trax Jonny, go ahead... I ain't using cheap copies, Only the real deal
I fell victim to johnnys fast trax tyres once but never again stick to the schuys:mad:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.