View Full Version : soldering iron
Mark1
30-03-2013, 04:07 PM
does anyone know where i can get a 12v 40w soldering iron with chisel tip about 3mm.
shinytopman
30-03-2013, 04:51 PM
try your local maplins
danmurphy
30-03-2013, 04:56 PM
I bought this one (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130764325232?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649) off eBay which came with 2 spare tips, one of which was a chisel tip. :thumbsup:
Mark1
31-03-2013, 09:35 AM
thanks the one on ebay looks ok
paulc
31-03-2013, 10:10 AM
I bought one of them sealey ones of ebay used it 4 times and the tip was knackered would'nt recommend one of them i've looked all over for a decent 12v soldering iron does'nt seem to be many about i ended up buying the core rc one http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Manufacturer/Core_RC/CR266.html not 12v but a good soldering iron
I use the sealey one, works great for me, quickly gets hot enough to solder fat motor wires.
First tip lasted about a year, just changed to the spare one (mine came with two chisel tips and a pointy tip).
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.