View Full Version : A few thoughts from todays meeting...
Si Coe
31-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Great meeting today. Track was excellent both in terms of layout and grip (for a 2wd that is) and the meeting ran really smoothly.
So smoothly in fact it got me thinking how to make it even better.
Race control is easy once we get going but booking in is a bit of a pain. Then it occurred to me that its easy enough to pre-book. If club members let me know on here by the night before I could have them pre-entered.
On the day if whoever handles the cash simply ticks them off the pre-booked list then they pay and I remove anyone who didn't turn up.
This should speed up booking in - faster booking in = more racing!
Also we do have some issues with people going home partway through a meeting. If you need to do this thats fine but race control needs to know. I understand that one person left today and tried to tell me but I was racing. Therefore I propose that I'll stick a pen to the board where the heat listing is. If you need to leave, cross yourself off the listing. I'll try to keep an eye on it and remove as needed.
losichris
31-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Great meeting today. Track was excellent both in terms of layout and grip (for a 2wd that is) and the meeting ran really smoothly.
So smoothly in fact it got me thinking how to make it even better.
Race control is easy once we get going but booking in is a bit of a pain. Then it occurred to me that its easy enough to pre-book. If club members let me know on here by the night before I could have them pre-entered.
On the day if whoever handles the cash simply ticks them off the pre-booked list then they pay and I remove anyone who didn't turn up.
This should speed up booking in - faster booking in = more racing!
Also we do have some issues with people going home partway through a meeting. If you need to do this thats fine but race control needs to know. I understand that one person left today and tried to tell me but I was racing. Therefore I propose that I'll stick a pen to the board where the heat listing is. If you need to leave, cross yourself off the listing. I'll try to keep an eye on it and remove as needed.
Good day, really good track!!
One bad point, there should have been a drivers briefing with all the new young drivers and others etc. Some really poor marshalling, and people not coming out on time. Could easily have had 5 rounds today if we hadnt been waiting around.
johnnygibbon
31-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Good flowing track today that encouraged clean racing
Good work rob
Wel run on the race controll and so still got to race to
Thanks to the volunteer marshalls in our heat to
The kids are keen but maybe a bit unfair to have them all Marshall one heat
Maybe spread em over two heats or have there parents help and train them
But a top day all round in generall looking forward to the outdoor season
rapidrubberwill
31-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Si i just shot off sorry for not letting you know but my phone went off and it was my business alarm was going of so i went if i need to leave again ill let you know before going cheers will
Holden1979
31-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Hi guys, just like to say a big thankyou for making me welcome and really enjoyed it and looking forward to the club getting bigger and bigger. Also having the vintage out and running for the 1st time in over 10 years was fun too even if it was only for 1 and half race :lol:. But think the time has come to step up and think its going to be a RB6 !!
Maddy
31-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Great day even if i was running my lads super slow b4,Vega will be ready for next meeting.
Track was fantastic and race control too.
Good idea about prebooking Si,no probs with me on that 1.
maybe introduce oople to the new comers so they too can use it to prebook and check out whats happening in and around the club.
Si Coe
31-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Like a Vega is going to make you any quicker!
Starting to think I might need a faster motor myself.
Still looking at the best way round the 'Fun' class marshalling issues. Parents aren't always the best option as some are less effective than their children.
johnnygibbon
31-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Your gonna need a faster motor
Buds has a 210
2wd gonna be fun
Big Show
31-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Really good days racing today. Nice track layout so a big thanks to Rob, Neil, thanks to Si for running race control and thanks to those who stayed behind at the end to help put the track away. It was good to see a few new drivers and some retired drivers returning. Si, as mentioned in another post the drivers breifing wasn't held mainly because Darren wasn't thier at the start so if you want if I am thier I will do the drivers breifing. And you mentioned about drivers leaving and not informing race control or the race controler is racing. How about notifing another commity member such as my self, darren, rob, neil and then the message could be passed on afterwards. just a thought.
losichris
31-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Like a Vega is going to make you any quicker!
Starting to think I might need a faster motor myself.
Still looking at the best way round the 'Fun' class marshalling issues. Parents aren't always the best option as some are less effective than their children.
A drivers briefing, telling everyone how important marshalling is.
Not only getting out there straight away, but quality and speed. ie not daydreaming, and making an effort to run to the car not walk
Gavin Collingwood
31-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Hi guys, just like to say a big thankyou for making me welcome and really enjoyed it and looking forward to the club getting bigger and bigger. Also having the vintage out and running for the 1st time in over 10 years was fun too even if it was only for 1 and half race :lol:. But think the time has come to step up and think its going to be a RB6 !!
You won't be disappointed they're awesome!
bandit
01-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Had a brilliant time abd enjoyed the track look forward to next time.
Thanks to all that make it happen.
Si Coe
01-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Your gonna need a faster motor
Buds has a 210
2wd gonna be fun
If his 210 is even half as nice as mine I'd be worried. But nobodys 210 is anywhere close to mine so I'm not :p
evertonal
01-04-2013, 04:37 PM
If his 210 is even half as nice as mine I'd be worried. But nobodys 210 is anywhere close to mine so I'm not :p
Well one thing Si, at least you know if you fall on hard times you could weigh your 210 in for scrap, with all those alu bits and that cast iron servo that came direct from the steam age, it has to be worth a fortune to a scrap dealer! :woot:
Chris B
01-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Your gonna need a faster motor
Buds has a 210
2wd gonna be fun
This is just the incentive I needed to sort out my 210. If buds is back I shall have to practice my rough justice racing skills :)
budfish
01-04-2013, 06:35 PM
This is just the incentive I needed to sort out my 210. If buds is back I shall have to practice my rough justice racing skills :)
You best put a 5.5t in it then 4 eyes
Chris B
01-04-2013, 06:53 PM
You best put a 5.5t in it then 4 eyes
The 6.5 that's in it is too much. What made you want to start again then?
budfish
01-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Constant pressure off Johnny.
Si Coe
01-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Oh I am so going to enjoy race control. Especially when David Faq-hunt is racing.....
Maddy
02-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Well one thing Si, at least you know if you fall on hard times you could weigh your 210 in for scrap, with all those alu bits and that cast iron servo that came direct from the steam age, it has to be worth a fortune to a scrap dealer! :woot:
Think we will have to set a weight limit on the ramps now with Sis 210 fully loaded....:p:p
Si Coe
02-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Its not that heavy! I've fitted lightweight outdrives to the diff to bring the weight down....
budfish
02-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Its not that heavy! I've fitted lightweight outdrives to the diff to bring the weight down....
It seems like your 210 is your pride and joy as I don't remember you spending money on your previous relics.:wub
Which will make it all the sweeter when I destroy it. im not coming to race just to wipe that smug grin off your face
Si Coe
02-04-2013, 06:33 PM
And I'll take great delight in making sure you are always in the worst heat, marshaled exclusively by blind paraplegic 4 year olds whilst every other driver has the driving skills of Jonny Nitro coupled with Basher Bains passing etiquette. Somehow your transponder (and yours alone) will miss about 50% of its laps. The computer will call you by comedy names and I'll be taunting you on the PA all meeting.
Remember when I'm in race control I AM THE LAW!
(and you have a bit of a problem with the law :p )
Darren Wales
02-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Oh yeah! and oh yeah?
Remember when I'm in race control I AM THE LAW!
(and you have a bit of a problem with the law :p )[/QUOTE]
Si Coe
02-04-2013, 10:43 PM
You might be chairman but your laps can still get 'missed'......
budfish
03-04-2013, 08:53 AM
I have no problems with the law. It's idiots who think they have aurthoraty over others I take issue with. Ie fat greasy megalomaniacs that do race control now and then ( oh sh1t that's you )
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.