PDA

View Full Version : Servo ???


Holden1979
03-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Hi guys, need some help. I need to purchase a new servo for my new RB6 as the one i have in my vintage buggy is whey to slow, but at the time was probably fast lol

I am going to purchase the futaba 2.4ghz stick radio gear so would have to be compatiable with that. I did find one which is a futaba but says must be used only with 4.8V

http://www.servoshop.co.uk/index.php?pid=FUTS9254&area=Servo

Hope you guys can help

Thanks
Wayne

Big Show
03-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Hi.
I think a savox 1251 low profile would be well suited.
Or I have heard that the Alturn 645 low profile servo sold by je spares for £20.99 are supposed to be very good. Im thinking of buying one for my c4.1.
Hope this helps
Mark.B (Bury commity member)

Maddy
03-04-2013, 06:39 PM
The alturn servos are great,ran mine for 2 seasons without any problems but had to change when i got my Dualsky esc as the altern suffered massive glitching problems,so if your running Dualsky dont get the altern,was ok in the speedpassion esc though.

bigt
03-04-2013, 06:53 PM
xpert 3401 :thumbsup:

Holden1979
03-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Yeh helps me out. Been looking all day and theres that much choice just mashes your head in. Thanks, think I will give that Alturn a go. Hopefully I will be up and running for the next meeting. :)

Holden1979
03-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Is this worth purchasing the Bud Balls Ceramic Differential balls and the thurst balls

Gavin Collingwood
03-04-2013, 10:14 PM
No the rb6 is £370 for a reason you don't need ANYTHING. It comes with tungsten carbide balls. Also have you considered the sanwa Gemini X 2.4? They're superb and more comfortable than the futaba

budfish
03-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Bollocks ceramic balls are better than tungston carbide as the ceramic balls dissipate the heat better thus running a cooler gearbox and the lube not getting to runny providing longer running times and longer service intervals


Gav that's your opinion and your entitled to it but your a .......cock

Holden1979
03-04-2013, 10:33 PM
No the rb6 is £370 for a reason you don't need ANYTHING. It comes with tungsten carbide balls. Also have you considered the sanwa Gemini X 2.4? They're superb and more comfortable than the futaba


Right no worries, cheers Gavin. I just ordered the Alturn Servo will this still work with the Sanwa. Think I probably best going to the shop and getting hold of one and see which feels best, but at least I have two now to choose from.

Gavin Collingwood
03-04-2013, 10:33 PM
I've no vested interest. The rb6 doesn't need them. You money grabbing whore...

Holden1979
03-04-2013, 10:35 PM
O dear i have started something now lol

So do i get some or not :confused:

Holden1979
03-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Think not seeing I have just spent £370 on the kit,

budfish
03-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Have you seen the price of the diff plates in a kyosho I've ran every zx5 over the last 5 years and silicon hybrid balls are the best ...fact

Do you honestly think I'm that desprate to make £2 of this guy???

Gavin Collingwood
03-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Right no worries, cheers Gavin. I just ordered the Alturn Servo will this still work with the Sanwa. Think I probably best going to the shop and getting hold of one and see which feels best, but at least I have two now to choose from.

It should do? But to be fair I'd get a better servo than a £20 one as I think it's quite important that its fast enough and the alturn, although may be hard wearing will be slow. Pound for pound your prob best off getting the savox low profile one for £45. I'm using KO Propo

Gavin Collingwood
03-04-2013, 10:38 PM
All I'm saying is I've ran mine from new since Xmas and the diff is still silky smooth. So why bother...

budfish
03-04-2013, 10:42 PM
For a tenner why wouldn't you?

Gavin Collingwood
03-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Well probably would if and when the carbide ones started to go gritty but until then no need. I've not had to re build it once from new. Very impressed with the quality from kyosho not to say yours aren't but that's all I'm saying

Holden1979
03-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the recomendation guys the servo I can always upgrade in a few months, but gonna have to give the transmitter some thought. Thanks again

Wayne

budfish
03-04-2013, 10:50 PM
I love kyosho they call them plastic and yes they are !!! But it's the quality of the plastic that counts in fact it was the brg100 steel kyosho thrust balls that got me into ceramics due to the replacing them every other month tungston are better but don't offer the benefits of ceramics

Col
04-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Big lol at buying the most expensive 2wd and putting the cheapest servo in it...

Gavin Collingwood
04-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Big lol at buying the most expensive 2wd and putting the cheapest servo in it...

Was thinking it, but you said it...

Holden1979
04-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Big lol at buying the most expensive 2wd and putting the cheapest servo in it...

Sorry Col but this is a temp measure and will be change in a couple of months (not made of money)

johnnygibbon
04-04-2013, 09:18 PM
If it ain't savox it ain't shit

And buds balls are the only way to a trouble free perfect diff
You can't argue with the pros they no how to roll

Gavin Collingwood
04-04-2013, 09:32 PM
If it ain't savox it ain't shit

And buds balls are the only way to a trouble free perfect diff
You can't argue with the pros they no how to roll

jonny you run a durango 210. no wonder, worst diff in the world.....

budfish
04-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Not when I've built it

Gavin Collingwood
04-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Yeah but when it comes to the rebuild johnny will fuck it up.... :-)

budfish
04-04-2013, 10:20 PM
I was quite insistent that he didnt touch my car while it was in his possession

Si Coe
04-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Buds Balls are the reason I run a gear diff....

Gavin Collingwood
04-04-2013, 10:38 PM
As seen on weigh down my Durango......