View Full Version : Orca spark problem
RichH
06-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Hi
I've bought a used orca spark esc motor combo. It runs smoothly when I disconnect the sensor wire but when I connect the wire again it runs erratically, on a constant throttle the revs drop then jump up again and when you give it full throttle it goes mental reving really fast and sticking there for a few seconds even when the throttle is released. I've rebound the TX rx and reset the esc but its still the same? Any help would be appreciated
Cheers
Rich
Danny Harrison
06-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Hi
I've bought a used orca spark esc motor combo. It runs smoothly when I disconnect the sensor wire but when I connect the wire again it runs erratically, on a constant throttle the revs drop then jump up again and when you give it full throttle it goes mental reving really fast and sticking there for a few seconds even when the throttle is released. I've rebound the TX rx and reset the esc but its still the same? Any help would be appreciated
Cheers
Rich
If you have another motor, try it on that to eliminate the esc/sensor lead.
If problem persists on new motor its probably a factory fix, or possibly even the sensor wire.
If Other motor works fine, could be the sensor board on motor. Trial and error is the only thing I can think to try and figure it out.
RichH
06-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Thanks. Just getting back in to it so haven't any spares :( I've just tried it outside under load, low speed it's fine with sensor cable connected it's when you give it full throttle it gets erratic
Richard
AfroP
06-04-2013, 06:06 PM
what kind of motor are you running?
may be worth trying a different sensor cable.
I have a qspark in my 210 atm and have run it with a 10.5 hpi flux pro and a turnigy 8.5t and its run fine and smooth
RichH
06-04-2013, 08:09 PM
I'm using a 7.5 turn ORCA - it came as a combo so shouldn't have any compatability issues.
Rich
RichH
07-04-2013, 02:45 PM
I reset everything on the Speedo, rebound the TX and rx again turning off the failsafe and its working fine. :) wierd
Rich
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.