PDA

View Full Version : Viper VTX8


Holeshot
07-04-2013, 03:00 AM
Anyone had a chance on running one yet or heard any feedback. Purchased a NIB MP9E and trying to decide on a ESC setup. My last 1/8 esc was the 1st gen MMM running a Neu 1512 motor. Wanting to run sensor setup this time. RX8's are on back order at most shops with no ETA yet. Have ran a Tekin RS Pro before and really like Tekin but considering giving the Viper ago.

OneKiwi
07-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Ive heard lots of good things about the esc and that would have been my choice if I didn't go another route (HW 120A SC pro).

I really like the fact that the BEC is adjustable and you get the proguage in the package.

RcTech has a thread about it.

Ill get one if I ever have to swap

Fluclear
09-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Anyone had a chance on running one yet or heard any feedback. Purchased a NIB MP9E and trying to decide on a ESC setup. My last 1/8 esc was the 1st gen MMM running a Neu 1512 motor. Wanting to run sensor setup this time. RX8's are on back order at most shops with no ETA yet. Have ran a Tekin RS Pro before and really like Tekin but considering giving the Viper ago.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j396/fluclear/P1010040_zps612978db.jpg

I can confirm a few things regarding the Viper.
Easily the nicest 1/8th ESC I've had my hands on regarding build quality.
Calibration and set-up was simple.
ProGauge is pretty awesome (well worth buying the combo offered at A-Main). Acts as a servo tester, LiPo tester, piss-easy to use and offers heaps of functionality.
BEC puts out 7v too, which is handy

I've not had a chance to put everything through a real test though.
As you can see, I've installed a Tekin T8 1550kv (all sits in a HB/Tekno RC D8T) with the Tekno Traktiondrive system and mechanical brakes.

toddzellia
10-04-2013, 05:13 PM
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j396/fluclear/P1010040_zps612978db.jpg

I can confirm a few things regarding the Viper.
Easily the nicest 1/8th ESC I've had my hands on regarding build quality.
Calibration and set-up was simple.
ProGauge is pretty awesome (well worth buying the combo offered at A-Main). Acts as a servo tester, LiPo tester, piss-easy to use and offers heaps of functionality.
BEC puts out 7v too, which is handy

I've not had a chance to put everything through a real test though.
As you can see, I've installed a Tekin T8 1550kv (all sits in a HB/Tekno RC D8T) with the Tekno Traktiondrive system and mechanical brakes.
Nice job there mate on the wiring I have a Vtx 8 w/Progauge comming too from the states Iam putting it in my MBX6 Eco .Went with the Tekin t8 2050 can't Waite to get it on the track :) Let's know how the Esc handles through all the abouse :) Cheers

nikos2002
12-04-2013, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone - please feel free to send me a private message or contact us directly via our corporate website.

The VTX8 has been very durable through its development phase in 1/8 applications, we did update he firmware to make it a bit stronger and work even better with 4 pole motors on 2s applications - so make sure a61 software is on your unit.

Toddzellia - it may just be the angle of the picture but keep an eye on that sensor wire and pinion gear.

Holeshot
15-04-2013, 03:57 AM
Thanks, Just ordered a VTX8 last night and a 2100kv motor.
I will be running a Spektrum SR3300T Receiver and Spektrum S8000 Servo. Someone mentioned I may have to run a cap/glitchbuster with this setup. Is this correct?

badger5
15-04-2013, 05:17 AM
If you were runnig the Tekin RX8 I would say you would need a glitch buster but the BEC on Viper speedos seems to be stronger so may not need it.

nikos2002
15-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Generally we don't seem to have issues with the Spektrum and Savox servos like some others, but it something to keep in mind, those do spike more often from what we are told.

Holeshot
16-04-2013, 01:04 AM
Sorry for dumb question but what exactually is a glitch buster? Im only just getting back into the hobby. I know all about BEC's etc. as for my last 1/8 buggy I used a ext bec but never heard about glitch busters before.

Edit: Did some searching on google and see that Spektrum actually make one. With 2 channel receivers does it just plug into the battery/pwr slot?

http://aztecdivingutah.com/pics/spm1600.jpg

badger5
16-04-2013, 04:56 AM
You plug it into a spare channel on the receiver, so next to where the steering servo and speedo plug in.

Holeshot
16-04-2013, 08:22 PM
You plug it into a spare channel on the receiver, so next to where the steering servo and speedo plug in.

But what about if the receiver is only a 2 channel? Does then it just slot into the battery/pwr? The SR3300 I got is a 3 channel receiver, just wanting to know.

badger5
16-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Even if its three channel there should be four slots to put a plug. Throttle, steering, aux and bind, you can use any of those for the glitch buster.

nikos2002
18-04-2013, 03:07 AM
Holeshot, just look into our VTX8, probably won't need one!!! :thumbsup:

Fluclear
19-04-2013, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=
Toddzellia - it may just be the angle of the picture but keep an eye on that sensor wire and pinion gear.[/QUOTE]

It's just the angle mate. Pretty compact set-up but there's some clearance, plus I've wired everything up nicely and secured all components well.

nikos2002
20-04-2013, 04:18 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

nikos2002
14-06-2013, 09:44 PM
So I have heard, its that time of the year. Why not get a speed control that is of the highest quality and durability. And on top of all that -- its WATERPROOF!!!!!

nikos2002
03-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Instant Punch!!!! Want to add instant punch to your system - check out the Pro9 (1/8) and Pro6 (1/10) cap sets. Will work with any speed control.

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr279/nikos2002/iphone06122013075.jpg (http://s491.photobucket.com/user/nikos2002/media/iphone06122013075.jpg.html)

4eyes
05-07-2013, 04:49 AM
That Viper motor looks great.
Any idea when these will be available in the uk?

JonyNitro
06-07-2013, 08:30 PM
That Viper motor looks great.
Any idea when these will be available in the uk?

Not forsale yet, still testing them

nikos2002
10-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Getting closer, awaiting production samples to verify mass production. Then we just have to do the box art. I see the light at the end of the tunnel by August - but you didn't see me type that. :D

nikos2002
10-08-2013, 08:07 AM
New VF8 Motors to make their European debut at the Neo Race in a few weeks!!!!! Got some really exciting news about that, can't wait to tell everyone.

philjc
10-08-2013, 08:37 AM
I got my VTX8 in the post this morning. First impressions out the box... WOW!! build is awesome and, the proguage looks easy to use. Just waiting for my mew MBX7 ECO prototype and it gets fitted!!

Cant wait for the motors to be released!!!